Page 240 of 672 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 10072
  1. #3586
    Junior Member Karl-5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Now I'm beginning to feel ethnically-deprived, being only German all the way back to grandparents on both sides. Oh well, one can't have everything, right?
    As far as Kurt's skin color, maybe they originally chose white just because he's from a European background and his features are essentially Caucasian, so that's the likeliest possibility. However, I do think he'd have been better portrayed with a seriously darker complexion. After all, being blue, he is really a "person of color", in the current terminology. (Yeah, white's a color, but that's not the point.)
    What may be more relevant is the image Kurt himself chose to present, via the image inducer. The writers could have made it anything, but they overwhelmingly had him being white and handsome, often in the image of Errol Flynn. What an opportunity they missed, when he could have been shown to vary himself through many other possibilities, even female!
    I also don't think it makes any sense to show what he "would have been" without the mutation. Rogue should have taken only his powers, not his appearance. Unlike most other mutants (at least at that time), he was born that way. Maybe there is no other way he could have looked.

  2. #3587
    Yawn... DevilishRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    A higher plane.
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Well, I might as well throw in... I'm Italian, Czechoslavakian, Welsh, German, Scottish, English and Native American.

    Some Pirate Kurt. Arrh!

    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 05-08-2012 at 06:05 AM.

  3. #3588
    Junior Member Karl-5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Good grief! Pirates with sunglasses. Or are they swim goggles?

  4. #3589
    Junior Member Karl-5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    Wanna bet? ;)
    How much? And how would we decide who was the winner? ;-)

  5. #3590
    *not a boggie* Bamf Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    What may be more relevant is the image Kurt himself chose to present, via the image inducer. The writers could have made it anything, but they overwhelmingly had him being white and handsome, often in the image of Errol Flynn. What an opportunity they missed, when he could have been shown to vary himself through many other possibilities, even female!
    No kidding! As much as I like Errol Flynn, if I had an image inducer there would be way more fun hijinks I would have gotten myself into than just looking like an actor. XD

    At least X-Men Evolution played with that concept a little bit.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kurtasagirlid2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	92993

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    I also don't think it makes any sense to show what he "would have been" without the mutation. Rogue should have taken only his powers, not his appearance. Unlike most other mutants (at least at that time), he was born that way. Maybe there is no other way he could have looked.
    Good point. I think I like that idea better, really. Kurt is who he is because it was who he was meant to be. I would be happy if the writers always kept him as his blue, fuzzy self.
    "How 'bout a kiss, Tall Dark and BAMFsome?"

  6. #3591
    The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    District 12
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    The Kurt I've pictured without the blue has always looked olive-skinned and swarthy; just my preference. :)

    Artists have pretty consistently drawn him with "German cheekbones" and an Anglo looking nose, though.

    Aside from Raven being listed as an American citizen(which could mean any ethnicity), we don't know anything else about her.
    Azazel we could make some conjecture about. In the dreaded Draco, Azzy implies that he is thousands of years old and also what ancient Hebrews based their concept of the devil on. That would at least loosely hint that he might be from that general area, correct? (So they could see him and build legends around him.) So Northern Africa, or the Eurasian border. Maybe he's Turkish. That would account for Kurt's nose. :P The Russian accent was cute in the movie though.

    Random Turkish guys :) http://www.habermonitor.com/img/630x...-birincisi.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kxPG6y8Qct...wnload_003.jpg
    Agreed with the swarthy bit, but perhaps I'm biased, since I look like the darker side of my family anyway. (And I find it amusing that Benjamin Franklin complained about "swarthy Germans" coming over to America. )

    Also, those Turkish fellows are very nice to look at. I like to think Kurt would resemble them somewhat.

  7. #3592
    BAMF Brigade Sundowhn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,001

    Default

    I wish they'd played around with the image inducer a bit more as well in the books -- that could have been fun.

    I can think of three times that Kurt has been shown with a non-blue version being his normal self. The first I can remember is Cadbury from Excalibur. The next was whenever the X-Men temporarily lost their powers. I actually thought it was particularly sad, because he was the only one who stayed behind to mind the (closed) school. He said he didn't know how else to be or what to do with himself. Then there is X-men Legacy. Anyway, all three times, he's pictured pretty much the same. White/Anglo with black hair and blue eyes. Interestingly enough, those are the same looks and colouring Mystique used as her default normal persona of Raven Darkholme for many years, not to mention the "normal" Raven from the X3 film. It makes me wonder if she, like her son, was born blue, or if she didn't change until puberty like most first generation mutants.

  8. #3593
    BAMF Brigade Sundowhn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    Agreed with the swarthy bit, but perhaps I'm biased, since I look like the darker side of my family anyway.
    That's funny. My family has a dark group and a light group as well, on my father's side. (Mom's people are mostly of German descent).

  9. #3594
    The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    District 12
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I wish they'd played around with the image inducer a bit more as well in the books -- that could have been fun.

    I can think of three times that Kurt has been shown with a non-blue version being his normal self. The first I can remember is Cadbury from Excalibur. The next was whenever the X-Men temporarily lost their powers. I actually thought it was particularly sad, because he was the only one who stayed behind to mind the (closed) school. He said he didn't know how else to be or what to do with himself. Then there is X-men Legacy. Anyway, all three times, he's pictured pretty much the same. White/Anglo with black hair and blue eyes. Interestingly enough, those are the same looks and colouring Mystique used as her default normal persona of Raven Darkholme for many years, not to mention the "normal" Raven from the X3 film. It makes me wonder if she, like her son, was born blue, or if she didn't change until puberty like most first generation mutants.
    Yes, I remember that. I thought it was pretty interesting, too. Maybe, being a metamorph, Mystique had an "extra" set of phenotypes? Even if that's not the case it's still a very nifty thing.

  10. #3595
    BAMF Brigade Sundowhn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    Yes, I remember that. I thought it was pretty interesting, too. Maybe, being a metamorph, Mystique had an "extra" set of phenotypes? Even if that's not the case it's still a very nifty thing.
    Yes, it is. I wish they'd do something more with her background. :-(
    I also think it's a shame that prudish editors nix'd the original idea for Kurt's parentage. That would have been unique.

  11. #3596
    Forever Drood Drelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I wish they'd played around with the image inducer a bit more as well in the books -- that could have been fun.

    I can think of three times that Kurt has been shown with a non-blue version being his normal self. The first I can remember is Cadbury from Excalibur. The next was whenever the X-Men temporarily lost their powers. I actually thought it was particularly sad, because he was the only one who stayed behind to mind the (closed) school. He said he didn't know how else to be or what to do with himself. Then there is X-men Legacy. Anyway, all three times, he's pictured pretty much the same. White/Anglo with black hair and blue eyes. Interestingly enough, those are the same looks and colouring Mystique used as her default normal persona of Raven Darkholme for many years, not to mention the "normal" Raven from the X3 film. It makes me wonder if she, like her son, was born blue, or if she didn't change until puberty like most first generation mutants.
    It was sad. He was all clumsy cause his center of gravity changed. Oooh my poor not so graceful Kurt. ~_~
    Always had a thing for blue.

  12. #3597
    Forever Drood Drelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Yes, it is. I wish they'd do something more with her background. :-(
    I also think it's a shame that prudish editors nix'd the original idea for Kurt's parentage. That would have been unique.
    It's hard to establish a background for someone who either out lives everyone around them or fills them with bullets before they can speak. LOL


    Yeah...I think I would have preferred Dad-Mom over demon blood 8/

    I'm ok with Azazel...so long as he reconned to be full of hot air with visions of grandeur but really just a regular mutant.
    Always had a thing for blue.

  13. #3598
    Forever Drood Drelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    One of the very few renderings where they show his "texture" ^_^



    And the tip looks smooth...oh my! o_O
    Always had a thing for blue.

  14. #3599
    Member M.Hammerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fashion Week
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I wish they'd played around with the image inducer a bit more as well in the books -- that could have been fun.

    I can think of three times that Kurt has been shown with a non-blue version being his normal self. The first I can remember is Cadbury from Excalibur. The next was whenever the X-Men temporarily lost their powers. I actually thought it was particularly sad, because he was the only one who stayed behind to mind the (closed) school. He said he didn't know how else to be or what to do with himself. Then there is X-men Legacy. Anyway, all three times, he's pictured pretty much the same. White/Anglo with black hair and blue eyes. Interestingly enough, those are the same looks and colouring Mystique used as her default normal persona of Raven Darkholme for many years, not to mention the "normal" Raven from the X3 film. It makes me wonder if she, like her son, was born blue, or if she didn't change until puberty like most first generation mutants.
    It sort of made sense to me in that story where they all got "de-mutated" (or I think it was actually "de-evolved"? by the High Evolutionary I think?) that Kurt would stay behind at the mansion and be miserable. For some of the other X-Men their powers are separate from their body (or appearance) but for Kurt they're really not. I remember him having some great, tragic line in those comics (which were otherwise pretty terrible) referring to Warren where he was all like, "How can he be happy when he used to be able to fly?" (tear) Though Logan had it worse--he was dying of adamantium poisoning, as I recall...

  15. #3600
    The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    District 12
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    One of the very few renderings where they show his "texture" ^_^



    And the tip looks smooth...oh my! o_O
    I love this cover. Of all things to focus on, they went with Kurt's tail.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •