Page 234 of 672 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 10072

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Sadly, Kurt has a history of those he cares for lying to him about big stuff. You can add Wolverine to that list now. Re: Mystique and X-Force. Ouch.
    Yep. I mean in a sense people lying to him so often was logical. How many genuinely nice and understanding people have you seen taken advantage of? There are people out there who view it as easy to get around someone with a good nature. They'll always been forgiven, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Excalibur Kurt will always be the best Kurt to me. He was the most well rounded there, I think. I really wish his ongoing would have lasted longer. I wonder what they had planned for him.
    I know Darick Robertson, the artist for the series, was a huge fan of Nightcrawler and had been for years. He even converted Aguirre-Sacasa (the writer) to one, so the rumour goes. Darick spent some time on the Nightscrawlers forums, poking around and asking questions, and had said that working on the solo was a dream come true for him. He kept encouraging people to spread the word about the series so maybe the sales would come up. He sounded pretty bummed when it ended.

I loved when they started developing him to lead Excalibur. The hair changed, the posture changed, the inner monolgue changed. It was so awesome.

One on my fav quotes from him has always been "I never realized what Professor Xavier had to endure with us -- the X-Men." While he was training the technet, lol!

/le sigh
    Always had a thing for blue.

Incidentally, there is a thread on Nightscrawlers discussing a campaign to try and bring Kurt Wagner back. One of the mods asked for interested people to say so. By all means, you guys go over there if you are interested.

http://www.nightscrawlers.com/forum/...128790#p128790

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Incidentally, there is a thread on Nightscrawlers discussing a campaign to try and bring Kurt Wagner back. One of the mods asked for interested people to say so. By all means, you guys go over there if you are interested.

http://www.nightscrawlers.com/forum/...128790#p128790
    This is great! I absolutely would love if they brought 616 Kurt back. Although, I have to say AoA!Kurt is growing on me. Meh...stupid Rick Remender and his stupid writing skillz...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    This is great! I absolutely would love if they brought 616 Kurt back. Although, I have to say AoA!Kurt is growing on me. Meh...stupid Rick Remender and his stupid writing skillz...
    :) Yep, true.

And it's a very excellent story, indeed! I got to read the later parts ahead of time, as a sort of proofreader, so I know how it goes already.
    I recommend it to anyone who is even remotely interested in Darkholme. However, if you're coming into it just now, be sure you start at the first chapter, since the links above will lead you directly to the later chapters.

Yay, something to read when I get home! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post
    And it's a very excellent story, indeed! I got to read the later parts ahead of time, as a sort of proofreader, so I know how it goes already.
    I recommend it to anyone who is even remotely interested in Darkholme. However, if you're coming into it just now, be sure you start at the first chapter, since the links above will lead you directly to the later chapters.
    :) Thanks! You've been an incredible help!

Aaaawww!!! Please tell me you plan to not end it here? D8

Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    Aaaawww!!! Please tell me you plan to not end it here? D8
    :) Well that sorta wraps it up, doesn't it?

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    Yeah it's funny, I had a conversation with Jason Aaron April 18 when he was at my LCS signing books.

I used an analogy comparing AOA Nightcrawler to the 616 Nightcrawler. I said its like you want a beer and you get a Natural Light instead of a Bud Light. Sure, its BEER but you would rather have the Bud Light. The Natural Light will suffice, but its not exactly what you wanted.

Aaron then suggested perhaps 616 Nightcrawler would better be compared to a Boulevard Wheat (popular beer brewed here in Kansas City) rather than Bud Light. I laughed and said "Sure, whatever, but you get my point."

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yeah it's funny, I had a conversation with Jason Aaron April 18 when he was at my LCS signing books.

I used an analogy comparing AOA Nightcrawler to the 616 Nightcrawler. I said its like you want a beer and you get a Natural Light instead of a Bud Light. Sure, its BEER but you would rather have the Bud Light. The Natural Light will suffice, but its not exactly what you wanted.

Aaron then suggested perhaps 616 Nightcrawler would better be compared to a Boulevard Wheat (popular beer brewed here in Kansas City) rather than Bud Light. I laughed and said "Sure, whatever, but you get my point."
    I'd like to hear more about this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Collar_Nerd View Post
    Same here :)

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Collar_Nerd View Post
    If you have ever talked to Mr. Aaron at one of the cons, then you know he is a super down to earth guy. Don't let that beard intimidate you! He's really cool....and I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. Luckily for me that he lives here locally (Kansas City area) so I was able to talk briefly with him at Planet Comicon in late March and then again, at my local LCS in mid-April.

Of course, when you see one of your favorite creators, your mind is bursting with questions to ask. I tried to get some spoilers from him about what Marvel is planning AFTER AvX, like the rumors of a relaunch, Bendis coming to the X-books, etc. He replied with "well, can't really say anything unless I want to get fired." Which I can understand. I did, however, get him to tell me one of my favorite characters doesn't die at the end of AvX!

We then had the aforementioned Nightcrawler conversation, and then we went back to topic of spoilers themselves....and if you COULD know what happens, would you REALLY want to know? Because the reality is usually a let down of what you imagine. I laughed and said unfortunately I am the type of person who is a sucker for spoilers....I just have to know what happens. I'm the type of person who flips to the end of a good book just to know the ending. Bad trait...I know, I know.

Anyways various other small talk, nothing too exciting. I really wish I could have squeezed more spoilers out of the man but he's a tough cookie to crack! Lol! Really great guy though.