Page 218 of 672 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 10072

I don't think it is the elf they will kill. That woudn't require getting approval from all the higher ups because he really isn't in a lot of books.

Honestly, I don't know who they would kill of the group. Fantomex wouldn't really shake up anything either. Deadpool would because he shows up constantly. Psylocke maybe? She is in a couple of books. Wolverine obviously won't be touched physically.

Interesting...

@Karl
    They listed the wrong release date on UXF #24. It doesn't come out until the 18th I believe.

The only way I can see that Remender would have to get approval to kill Darkholme is because writers (fairly)recently killed Kurt Wagner. I know they are bringing a Kidcrawler-Evokurt-wannabe to an Exile type book, but I sincerely hope no one thinks that will do for fans.

[QUOTE=Sundowhn;14969688]@Karl
    They listed the wrong release date on UXF #24. It doesn't come out until the 18th I believe.
    QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll stop holding my breath each time the mailman comes by. ;-)
    BTW, how did you find that out? It's listed at Marvel.com as already published.

Ugh, I'll scream if they kill him off.

If I were writing, I'd have Kurt's soul brought back somehow using the bamfs at the school. I'd have Darkholme get his revenge, have nothing left to live for, have him willingly give up his soul in exchange to bring Kurt's back to D's body . Once Kurt's back in the drivers seat then we can deal with death/spirituality/being in a killers body/having an ugly tat across that beautiful face of his. ;)

Then once a year or so, have him channel Darkholme to make those "tough decisions" if you know what I mean... @__@
    Last edited by Drelion; 04-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Always had a thing for blue.

[QUOTE=Karl-5;14969809]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    @Karl
    QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll stop holding my breath each time the mailman comes by. ;-)
    BTW, how did you find that out? It's listed at Marvel.com as already published.
    Yeah I know, it threw me off as well. I tried to buy the digital version, and when the regular supplier didn't have it, I looked around and found this: http://www.legacycomics.net/item/FEB...nny-X-Force-24

They also have listed in the issue AoA Wolverine...another typo I presume.

In the British Isles (where I am) the subscriptions are god-awful slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    Ugh, I'll scream if they kill him off.

If I were writing, I'd have Kurt's soul brought back somehow using the bamfs at the school. I'd have Darkholme get his revenge, have nothing left to live for, have him willingly give up his soul in exchange to bring Kurt's back to D's body . Once Kurt's back in the drivers seat then we can deal with death/spirituality/being in a killers body/having an ugly tat across that beautiful face of his. ;)

Then once a year or so, have him channel Darkholme to make those "tough decisions" if you know what I mean... @__@
    Heheheh....let's see, if I were writing it, I might use the bamfs as a doorway as well....imps sent to get the attention of his friends. I always thought a good method to bring Wagner back would be to explore material from the arc written by He-whose-name-must-be-forgotten and use Baby's Daddy to do the deed. I think the half-demon thing is worth mentioning, especially since the writers at Marvel never seemed to have a consistent opinion on just what Baby's Daddy is.

To expand on that thought, if Azzy is a demon (by whatever definition you choose to use), then Kurt would be half demon. It could be argued that only the mortal half was dead, whilst the immortal part remained in a halfway dimension.

To be honest, I like Darkholme as a character apart from Kurt Wagner. One of the reasons I don't want to see writers turn him into a carbon copy of the real Nightcrawler is that I'd like to see him developed completely different (and also I don't want having a copy of the original to dissuade future writers from bringing Wagner back). I'd really kinda like to see him as a villain, working with Mystique, or maybe even one of those borderline bad-guys who can go either way. Then have him occasionally face off with the real Nightcrawler...an arch nemesis kinda thing. :D

And yes, I will be beyond pissed if they kill off Darkholme, still failing to bring back Wagner and leave fans with Kidcrawler-Evoboi.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 04-07-2012 at 12:58 PM.

I would imagine killing Darkholme would be something that would shake Wolverine A LOT. Sure, it isn't "his" Kurt, but if this version sacrifices himself to save someone like 616 Kurt did? It would be one more thing to really F with Logan's head.

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    I would imagine killing Darkholme would be something that would shake Wolverine A LOT. Sure, it isn't "his" Kurt, but if this version sacrifices himself to save someone like 616 Kurt did? It would be one more thing to really F with Logan's head.

Oh hush!!! We don't want to encourage this line of thinking. *sob*

Oh and if anyone wants to follow the Remender's Twitter post on it: https://twitter.com/#!/Remender/stat...68323840368641

I think I was the last one to comment :(
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 04-07-2012 at 01:23 PM.

[QUOTE=Sundowhn;14970805]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl-5 View Post

Yeah I know, it threw me off as well. I tried to buy the digital version, and when the regular supplier didn't have it, I looked around and found this: http://www.legacycomics.net/item/FEB...nny-X-Force-24

They also have listed in the issue AoA Wolverine...another typo I presume.

In the British Isles (where I am) the subscriptions are god-awful slow.
    Thanks again! I'll bookmark this site and see if their dates turn out to be more reliable than Marvel's. My first subscription was for Wolverine and at first they were right on time, in my mailbox the day they were listed as being available. Around New Year, they started to be delayed, according to Marvel's dates, but maybe they were really on time, assuming the legacy site is more accurate. We'll see.

Um, Kurt Darkholme is supposed to get a story arc after the death so I doubt it's him. Those are facts so he's in the clear.

I have to be honest I get a little perplexed that others think Kurt wouldn't kill when the time needed it. Anyone who has read Davis' as well as Ellis' Kurt knows he's willing to do such a thing , the extreme passiveness was added by later writers. I don't want to step on toes here but I thought I'd be honest.

Its seems more Marvel wants characters to kill whether its needed or not and Kurt would only do such a thing if absolutely neccessary. Logan killing that man begging for his life, who was unarmed as an example.

Here's a scan of a Kurt willing to do the deed and it's not Darkholme.

Last edited by DevilishRogue; 04-07-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Um, Kurt Darkholme is supposed to get a story arc after the death so I doubt it's him. Those are facts so he's in the clear.

I have to be honest I get a little perplexed that others think Kurt wouldn't kill when the time needed it. Anyone who has read Davis' as well as Ellis' Kurt knows he's willing to do such a thing , the extreme passiveness was added by later writers. I don't want to step on toes here but I thought I'd be honest.

Its seems more Marvel wants characters to kill whether its needed or not and Kurt would only do such a thing if absolutely neccessary. Logan killing that man begging for his life, who was unarmed as an example.

Here's a scan of a Kurt willing to do the deed and it's not Darkholme.

This was the time before he lost his balls and libido tho.
    Always had a thing for blue.

[QUOTE=DevilishRogue;14972480]I have to be honest I get a little perplexed that others think Kurt wouldn't kill when the time needed it. Anyone who has read Davis' as well as Ellis' Kurt knows he's willing to do such a thing , the extreme passiveness was added by later writers. I don't want to step on toes here but I thought I'd be honest.

[QUOTE]

Good point about Kurt being willing and able to kill if it was necessary to save lives. For any X-Man to *never* be willing to kill, as it was early on, never seemed at all realistic to me. (Granted comic book violence isn't realistic in the first place, since one can't go around doing the kinds of things they do without doing serious damage to their opponents.) Kurt would often be the one to question the necessity of some of their more violent actions, but I never saw him as exceptionally passive.
    I think the writers who had Logan and X-23 kill those captives went overboard, perhaps to make a point that giving permission for killing can easily lead to excess. Cold-blooded murder without good cause isn't really characteristic of Logan. If it were, he'd be a psychopath, not a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Oh geez, I always wondered how that rumour got started.
    Years ago, back when Dave(Cockrum) was still alive and occasionally posting on Nightscrawlers, there was a thread there where Dave had answered a few questions about Kurt's "delicate bits". There was no double-trouble indicated. :P
    Indeed, there wasn't. That rumor got started when Chuck Austen made a comment intending to point out how, despite Kurt's appearance, he was a normal human guy with, as he put it, "two of everything." That got taken woefully out of context and misinterpeted to include body parts most guys don't get in pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Indeed, there wasn't. That rumor got started when Chuck Austen made a comment intending to point out how, despite Kurt's appearance, he was a normal human guy with, as he put it, "two of everything." That got taken woefully out of context and misinterpeted to include body parts most guys don't get in pairs.
    Didn't Austen even claim that on the special features portion of X-Men 2? Seems like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    This was the time before he lost his balls and libido tho.
    Well, it seems as if Marvel likes to dumb down more mild mannered men these days. It's like they have to beat their chests twenty four seven or they're killed or Wolverinized, or killed and brought in an "edgier" AU version. Kurt obviously needed to do more cheesy stereotypically manly things . They made Scott edgier, I dont get that Matrvel were fans of that character, more like he would be more cool if he were like Wolverine, thats what I felt when they brought in Darkholme. If Marvel cant just write Wolverine they'll turn all the characters into versions of him. :-/