Page 52 of 329 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

CAPTAIN MEXICO
    Powers and Weapons:
    Physical Powers Class 100 strength and durability, Mach-100 speed, flight
    Electrokinesis Extremely powerful electrokinetic abilities, able to generate destructive electrical bolts, or create constructs of a “solid” lightning
    Shadow Soldiers Able to create shadow copies of himself, which possess one-fourth of his full physical might. Can create up to ten such copies at one time.
    Skills: Leadership, combat tactics
    Description: The foremost champion of Mexico, Lucian is unknowingly a demigod, his mother being a lesser deity of the Aztec Pantheon.
    Personality: Your ideal, superhero archetype on the level of Superman.
    Feats:
    -Battled an immense feathered serpent-type dragon over the skies of Mexico City. Lucian defeated it by flying into its maw and ramming his arms up the back of the creatures throat into its nasal passages, unleashing a full blast of lightning straight into its nerves.
    -Battled a giant lava monster while submerged in lava inside a volcano.
    -Battled the giant robotic kaiju Destructo, tanking the robots energy blasts that could shatter several city blocks in one shot. Eventually defeated in a fight of attrition, in a battle lasting three days: CM forced the robot into the desert where it kept him contained for that whole time until it ran out of energy. He then picked up the body, and hurled it into the sun.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 01-28-2009 at 01:24 PM.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by sharkerbob View Post
    THE LAND
    Powers and Weapons:
    Unusual Existence The Land is an immaterial entity who manifests in the very earth of the battlefield. It is, in effect, one with the Land. It’s unknown what the entity looks like if not in possession of the ground. Some believe it is simply a sentient concept who manifests through the soil. Extensive destruction of the very ground by tremendous striking or blasting force (several Class 100 punches or Tier 5 energy blasts) over its affected surface area is required to silence the Land, though after an hour, it may rouse itself back into action. Transmuting large sections of the ground into non-earthly materials can also force the Land to move to other locations, though it may still return to that spot, smashing its way through the material. Teleporting the land away, even into alternate realities or into space, seems only to forcibly shunt the Land into the next available chunk of ground, though this may stun it for a few minutes. Its unusual nature makes it immune to psychic control and direct magical control of its sentience. It also seems extremely resistant to spiritual attacks.
    Geokinesis Since the Land basically is the very ground of the battlefield, it possesses total control of it. All across the field, arms of rock and dirt reach up to strike opponents, pull then underground, crush them between fists. Huge mouths will open up across the ground to swallow enemies and vehicles whole, crushing them instantly, while in other areas, great stone spikes may erupt all across the battlefield. While it loses control any piece not directly touching the ground, it can still launches huge boulders or rapid fire volleys of small rocks at faster than bullet speeds at enemies. It can also send perfectly controlled quakes through the area it influences. The Land’s influence can apparently reach a total radius of 10 miles, though it can travel 100 miles per hour to reach other areas. It can even create small armies of various golems to fight for it, which possess all the strength and durability you’d expect of a being made of a solid stone, clay, etc.
    The Land is able to affect any material one might remotely associate with the Earth, including sand, stone, rock, soil, clay, etc, though all materials must be connected to the ground. It can, for example, create an arm the size of a building, but if the arm is broken off at the stump, the arm becomes useless earth. It cannot apparently directly control refined metal, but can still affect concrete or metal ore.
    Description: The Land is simply a manifestation of, well, “the land.” It appears as the surroundings do.
    Background: The Land is a manifestation of Earth and Ground, and as such, wields total dominion over that very thing. It is thought to be either a powerful and ancient spirit, a weapon of the gods, or perhaps a manifestation of Gaea’s wrath. No one really knows the truth, but stories of the Land date back to even primitive times.
    Personality: The Land lacks a personality, but knows just enough to distinguish friend from foe, and to recognize the mission of whatever its allies are. It will usually go on the offensive and directly attack an opponent. While it is careful not to harm its allies, it will usually not actively protect them, unless doing so is vital to the success of the group. It can multitask moderately well.
    Feats:
    -Entire cities have been utterly consumed by the Land as it moves from section to section breaking down and crushing them.
    -Destroyed a fleet of WWII era bombers, machine gunning them apart with rocks, and moving away from the blast zone.
    -A group of telepaths once attempted to communicate with the Land to halt its advance, and felt only a crude sentience. They were unable to deter it from its actions.
    -A demon hunter who wielded a sword that could supposedly kill the spirit of anything living or undead, attempted to destroy the Land by stabbing the ground it possessed with his sword. The Land was unaffected; it simply swallowed the sword and smashed the hunter into a fine red mist.
    Will you be on tonight?

Because this sounds like a perfect fight for Lawrence Israel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WyldCard4 View Post
    Will you be on tonight?

Because this sounds like a perfect fight for Lawrence Israel to me.
    I should be. I'm trying to come up with a character who is being hunted by the Land. Captain Mexico is cool, but not quite what I'm looking for. I'll keep cap in the running, though. But anyway, their struggle might be what gets them noticed, if an entire city gets wiped out from the Land tracking im down.

I should be. I'm trying to come up with a character who is being hunted by the Land. Captain Mexico is cool, but not quite what I'm looking for. I'll keep cap in the running, though. But anyway, their struggle might be what gets them noticed, if an entire city gets wiped out from the Land tracking im down.
    If a city starts getting wrecked expect major action though, the Photon Rider, LION, Lawrence, and Thunder Fist will not take kindly to such an action so expect interference unless you want to help arrange something bigger to keep most of them busy, just asking for the Crisis to start tonight may be enough though.

I have an idea for your Read to much nWOD team though, we might discuss it tonight the idea of sending all the nasty ones at this world as the harbingers of real nastiness

*Somehow manage to be online for a short while.*

...Too many new characters.

Oh, and I dislike The Land. Sounds like a bad attempt at creating an overpowered character.(Not saying it is, just that it sound like it)

Then again, I'm one to talk. If someone who hasn't interacted with him in any RPG was to read his profile, Julien (Complete) would sound like one hell of a Gary Stu.^^
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

Oh, and I dislike The Land. Sounds like a bad attempt at creating an overpowered character.(Not saying it is, just that it sound like it)

Then again, I'm one to talk. If someone who hasn't interacted with him in any RPG was to read his profile, Julien (Complete) would sound like one hell of a Gary Stu.^^
    Julien is a Gary Stu, just a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

Nah, now this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7k-3Tipp4
    Has a real Gary Stu.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by WyldCard4 View Post
    Julien is a Gary Stu, just a good one.
    Correction: Julien is a self-insert, but a good one.

There is no such thing as a good Gary-Stu.

Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    There is no such thing as a good Gary-Stu.
    I'll back that up.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

CAPTAIN MEXICO
    Powers and Weapons:
    Physical Powers Class 100 strength and durability, Mach-100 speed, flight
    Electrokinesis Extremely powerful electrokinetic abilities, able to generate destructive electrical bolts, or create constructs of a “solid” lightning
    Shadow Soldiers Able to create shadow copies of himself, which possess one-fourth of his full physical might. Can create up to ten such copies at one time.
    Skills: Leadership, combat tactics
    Description: The foremost champion of Mexico, Lucian is unknowingly a demigod, his mother being a lesser deity of the Aztec Pantheon.
    Personality: Your ideal, superhero archetype on the level of Superman.
    Feats:
    -Battled an immense feathered serpent-type dragon over the skies of Mexico City. Lucian defeated it by flying into its maw and ramming his arms up the back of the creatures throat into its nasal passages, unleashing a full blast of lightning straight into its nerves.
    -Battled a giant lava monster while submerged in lava inside a volcano.
    -Battled the giant robotic kaiju Destructo, tanking the robots energy blasts that could shatter several city blocks in one shot. Eventually defeated in a fight of attrition, in a battle lasting three days: CM forced the robot into the desert where it kept him contained for that whole time until it ran out of energy. He then picked up the body, and hurled it into the sun.
    Oh he's gonna run afoul of Thunder Fist, or possibly Dark Thunder.

Default 2 members of D.A.N.G.E.R!!!

Name: Jerry Lionel
    Hero Name: The Human Comet
    Origin: Watch out! Any fools that think they can cross this hero have a 'nother thing comin'.. Once an explorer who traveled abroad, Jerry found a strange temple in Tibet. Fidin' a weird lookin' tiger statue, Jerry decided to get a closer look...And guess what? It granted powers beyond belief. Jerry took a name for himself in the big city, before deciding to join up with the team that he'd heard about.
    Abilities: Flight, super strength. Can call upon the powers of the tiger statue to use the powerful Tiger Uppercut. Essentially a weaker Captain Marvel

Name: Linda Velasquez
    Origin: Yes, that's right. She can hear what you're thinking. An accomplished telepath, and detective, Linda is always in search of a case, though they tend to find her, more than she finds them. While, not a full time meber of D.A.N.G.E.R, she works for them part time.
    Abilities: Telepathy. Skilled detective.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Captain Mexico

fuggyehhs

A profile I'd like to make

Dr Quantum and his Meta-Men

Silver STrike
    GOld Guardian
    Platinum Princess
    Iron Titan
    Copper Cool
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

*sigh* I figured people would get the wrong idea, but I'm still fleshing the idea out, so I guess its my fault for posting prematurely.

The Land is an epic monster. He's not really a "character" so much as a threat for real characters to face. You know, like Godzilla. Or a hurricane. I don't intend to willfully throw him at other people's guys, but if you want to get caught up in the struggle between the Land, and whoever he is hunting, its up to you.

He's also kind of just a way to get my character to meet others. A giant disaster will draw enough attention to get my guy out in the open. Not to show people up, either, since if he could stop the Land, he'd have done so. I'm playing it less like the idea for a power battle, and more of a horror/mystery thing. The intent is to find out why the Land is attacking, and either get it to stop, or destroy it.

And no, I don't intend on just dumping the entire IRTMNWOD team in here. If they are factored in, I'd prefer it more like they are a hidden mythology that's coming to light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Oh he's gonna run afoul of Thunder Fist, or possibly Dark Thunder.
    Why? What did ol' Cap do to him?

*sigh* I figured people would get the wrong idea, but I'm still fleshing the idea out, so I guess its my fault for posting prematurely.

The Land is an epic monster. He's not really a "character" so much as a threat for real characters to face. You know, like Godzilla. Or a hurricane. I don't intend to willfully throw him at other people's guys, but if you want to get caught up in the struggle between the Land, and whoever he is hunting, its up to you.

He's also kind of just a way to get my character to meet others. A giant disaster will draw enough attention to get my guy out in the open. Not to show people up, either, since if he could stop the Land, he'd have done so. I'm playing it less like the idea for a power battle, and more of a horror/mystery thing. The intent is to find out why the Land is attacking, and either get it to stop, or destroy it.

And no, I don't intend on just dumping the entire IRTMNWOD team in here. If they are factored in, I'd prefer it more like they are a hidden mythology that's coming to light.
    I realized this myself, Lawrence hasn't done anything more epic than spying on the Chases in a good long time which is why I think he would be a good one for this, I hope others are part of the group who faces The Land.