Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I have actually been somewhat pleasently surprised. I think it may be that i read 4 issues in a row instead of by week, so it seemed less disjointed. What I think works is that the story is very simple and straight forword at this point, at issue 6 the backstories does start to tie in sow it is a whole effort. I will stick with it for now. I do like how it is driven by character interactions, and not continuity heavy, like too much stuff in DC has been.

That art feels very very uneven to me. I see a great page, then the next 2 stink. WW face seems like the most uneven part for some reason.

I can not help feel that this book would have been better as a biweekly without the backstory, instead of the current 12 pages for the main and 10 for the back. I know this would have ment some rearranging of the story as it is presented so far, but I think it would have been, tighter, and more evenly paced. We do not need fights that last 3 issues.

No commentary threads on issue 6 here? Ouch. Anyhoo, I don't like Tarot, and I like the second rate street sweeper even less. I'm done with Trinity. *If* this picks up down the line, I'll get back issues or trades or something.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Wayne View Post
    No commentary threads on issue 6 here?
    I've been waiting for an issue #6 feedback thread, thinking that the moment I posted one another would have already popped up. Guess I should have gotten the ball rolling, though, because it was my favorite issue so far, and not just because I feel Fabian and Kurt nailed Hawkman. I mean, that was a big part of it, but it was just a fun issue, besides.

Anywho, as I've said on other boards and probably here as well, I probably never would have picked up Trinity were it not for the pre-launch interviews with the writers talking up Hawkman. However, now that I'm getting Trinity, I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and the series continues to improve with each issue. It's nice to have a weekly that I can look forward to again.
    Check out my Hawkman Blog:The Stonechat Museum!

Batman I think maybe the best character in comics and I am a Diana fan. Superman not so much. Batman and Superman as a combo seems natural, they play well off each other. Wonder Woman in the mix...not the same. Plus I REALLY hate the all hail the Big Three rah rah stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by princesa View Post
    Plus I REALLY hate the all hail the Big Three rah rah stuff.
    You have pinpointed my main gripe with the book (well, apaprt from nothing really happening, the absence of a plot, and the book consisting mostly of pointles fights for pages and issues on end).
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

Batman I think maybe the best character in comics and I am a Diana fan. Superman not so much. Batman and Superman as a combo seems natural, they play well off each other. Wonder Woman in the mix...not the same. Plus I REALLY hate the all hail the Big Three rah rah stuff.
    That is EXACTLY how I feel! Bats and Superman work well, but yeah, throw Wonder Woman in and it all turns kind of awkward.

I wrote my feelings on the issue in the other thread that just popped up, but I also think that the whole "Trinity" is an overplayed hand on DC's part. I'm basically still reading 'cause I like Busiek and the guest stars.

So what do you guys think ? Is it good enough to read month in and month out ? Or should I just wait for the TPBs next year ?

...Plus I REALLY hate the all hail the Big Three rah rah stuff.
    But isn't the importance of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to the DCU essentially the main theme of Trinity?

But isn't the importance of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to the DCU essentially the main theme of Trinity?

It is and its an unappetizing hard sell (to me). Its so forced.

Quote Originally Posted by $5 Milkshake View Post
    That is EXACTLY how I feel! Bats and Superman work well, but yeah, throw Wonder Woman in and it all turns kind of awkward.

I wrote my feelings on the issue in the other thread that just popped up, but I also think that the whole "Trinity" is an overplayed hand on DC's part. I'm basically still reading 'cause I like Busiek and the guest stars.

And the thing about it is Batman works well with either one but together all three you have Diana coming off as Superman-Light.

Quote Originally Posted by varsity_club View Post
    So what do you guys think ? Is it good enough to read month in and month out ? Or should I just wait for the TPBs next year ?

Its not bad...but Superman-Batman is better.

REFLECTIONS: Kurt Busiek, Part I

In this first of a multi-part interview, Kurt Busiek talks to CBR News about the critical reaction to the first month of the weekly DC Comics series "Trinity" and how he is dealing with the workload.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17246

That is indeed the main theme. The problem with that is that there are a number of us who don't buy into this artificial trinity around which everything revolves.
    As far as I am concerned, they're just three heroes, no more important than the Flash, Green Arrow or Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by carabas; 07-16-2008 at 05:06 PM.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I'm really close to giving up on this...I think I'll give it 10 issues and assess it at that point. But as of right now - not liking it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    That is indeed the main theme. The problem with that is that there are a number of us who don't buy into this artificial trinity around which everything revolves.
    As far as I am concerned, there just three heroes, no more important than the Flash, Green Arrow or Captain Marvel.

I am in total agreement. You could throw Green Lantern into the mix. Why would ANY of them take a backseat to SM,BM,WW?