Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't know... I think the fact that he doubled the number of Avenger team books he's writing is a pretty descent indicator he's not terribly uncomfortable writing them. Course, that's just my interpretation.
    He's in the zone. As long as he keeps writing Victoria Hand I'm game.

Default Where do i start?

I want to start reading avenger's comics again but i dont know where to start. Where should I start?

What was the last event or arc you've read? (Civil War, Secret Invasion.......)

BANNED

double post

Quote Originally Posted by simpsoncast View Post
    I want to start reading avenger's comics again but i dont know where to start. Where should I start?
    New Avengers, Vol. 1

Quote Originally Posted by simpsoncast View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Assem.../dp/0785115730

This. It's so much better than New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    This. It's so much better than New Avengers.
    I'm assuming that he wants to follow current Avengers stories. That's not going to help him as it seems the new comics don't follow or reference those too closely.

In that case, this.

Default I saw Captain America last night, it's made me want to b ecome an Avengers fan

What are some good starting stories for the Avengers? I know nothing about them

That after the credits teaser for The Avengers movie was SO COOL. Thor looks AMAZING in his black body armor and red cape. And his brother Loki looked so smug and cool as he was with those SHIELD (I think it was shield) agents (were they taking him into custody or something? He didn't look thrilled to be with them)

I would pretty much suggest you start with Avengers # 1. it's not a lot only like 15 or 16 comics since the relaunch started. Thats if you want to spend some money. If not you might as well just wait after Fear Itself and start in October I think.

But if you don't care about catching up you can always get back issues. Like some old stuff tpb and hard covers.
    "Some people look to the past for answers. I look to the future for solutions." --- SJH

If you want to read some classic Avengers stories that give a great feel of what they're about, start here.

If you want to read current comics about where the Avengers are at now, start here.

If you want to read what the Avengers are probably going to be like in the movie, start here (even though it's called the Ultimates it's still the Avengers being featured, and the movie is likely to draw a lot from this comic).

Hope this was helpful
    Last edited by Telos; 08-15-2011 at 01:15 AM.

BANNED

i started with the avengers animated movies.Than the tv show.

Default Where to jump on with Avengers Comics?

Recently I have been watching Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes and loving it (im 33 lol) and after seeing Captain America the movie it has got me interested in Avengers as I loved it.

I tried the Captain America comic and didnít love it really but I do get Hulk and love Iron Man too.

My point is I am looking for a hop on point for Avengers and wondered if any recommendations?

To reiterate I love the Hulk and Iron Man plus am loving the Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

Anyone help a guy out?

Matt Fraction is currently doing really good work on Invincible Iron Man, which is fairly cheap here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Invincible-I...305011&sr=8-14

That's a massive book. Great value and arguably covers the series at its best too.

The first arc of the latest Avengers book is about Kang and Ultron. If you liked the cartoon you might enjoy it too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Bri...5305159&sr=1-1

fair warning though: not everybody likes John Romita Jr. on art duty. Personally I think he's a master of movement and story telling but his anatomy is a bit too stylised. It's down to taste, though and overall I enjoy it.

I also rate New Avengers - the tone is quite different and the art, especially, is absolutely gorgeous. http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Avengers...ref=pd_sim_b_1

I don't read Hulk so I can't really comment on him. (As in I literally have no idea at all) Sorry!

You might also get a kick out of Avengers Academy. It's a new book with a mostly teen cast of Avengers in training but it's got tonnes of Avengers continuity and character to it. It also has Hank Pym as a major character, which you'll probably enjoy. Of all the books here, it's my favourite. I just left it till last because it's kind of an Avengers side story- though it's by no means less important or interesting it's not got the big characters like Iron Man or Captain America in so it depends what you're after.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Aca...5305860&sr=1-1