View Poll Results: What do you think of Siryn?

Voters
159. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Love her

87 54.72%
  • Like her

47 29.56%
  • No opinion on her

12 7.55%
  • Who's Siryn?

11 6.92%
  • Other (State what you think...)

2 1.26%
Page 68 of 137 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2051

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    LOL, not sure what you mean by SO. MUCH. WORD.
    But I'll take that as a compliment.

Back on topic, what's not to like about a cat-fight?

Occaisional cat fights don't bother me, sometimes they're hot. It's odd. I like strong female characters more than the males in general. I like the skin tight outifts. I like the hair pulling and how the outfits tear just so for the fanboys.

I like strong fighters like Anaconda, and skilled fighters like Domino. Polaris and Blink bring both skill and powers to fights. They make it look good.

I just don't always like seeing women fight. I like it a lot depending on context etc.

Women who can take care of themselves or are good fighters don't bother me.

Women who persue fight like idiot adolescent males on the otehr hand, not good.

I've run into too many women in surrounding areas who like to fight like they have more testosterone than Conan the bartbarian.

That isn't sexy, it doesn't impress anyone, and it certainly doesn't strike me as feminine.

Am I the only one who sees a line between good fighting and violence and the bad kind?

Also in terms of fighting skill alone, lets leave out powers or super strength etc. Who has more combat training, martial arts/experience in fights?
    Siryn?
    Monet?

How good a fighter is Siryn?

Can she really beat Monet if push comes to shove? - I'm unsure, but I know her screams are devastating.
    "There comes a time, when even gods must die." - Lex Luthor

Never underestimate a farmboy: Just look at Superman, Luke Skywalker, and Link!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Also in terms of fighting skill alone, lets leave out powers or super strength etc. Who has more combat training, martial arts/experience in fights?
    Siryn?
    Monet?

Can she really beat Monet if push comes to shove? - I'm unsure, but I know her screams are devastating.
    I'm guessing Siryn might atually have more fighting skill. Monet is all about brute strength, not form or function. I think without powers, Siryn might win because she'd be more likely to know how to spot physical weaknesses. She's never been in the position to just smash things into submission like Monet.

Also, Theresa is a force to be reckoned with when armed with a rock. Ask Banshee and he'll concur
    Radiant Butterfly
    明亮的蝴蝶

Dazzler's Glitterati | Psylocke's Psquadron

"Oh eurazn. You make the world a better place." - slacker

Quote Originally Posted by x_goalkeeper View Post
    I hope they would not be fighting over who gets to date with Longshot
    No. Over who gets to kill Longshot.

PAD

Siryn?
    Monet?

With M, she can fly fast enough to stop someone from getting shot, she flew in and deflected bullets away from Siryn in Paris, and saved Jubilee from getting shot back in the Gen X days. M has speed. Her telepathy, we don't really see, and when it was used more, it was on the less offense side.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...rv1887_pg4.jpg

What may be M's shortcoming is her enhanced senses. If she has enhanced senses, well imagine how harsh a scream from Siryn can be. She'd have to keep her ears covered. She may be invincible, but her physicality may not be safe, mainly her ears. Siryn's been known to scramble minds too.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/-page12-.jpg

Siryn's weaknesses are her throat obviously, and the only thing M has on her is speed, it would be hard for her to avoid M if she can avoid a bullet. On the other hand, Siryn can do many creative things with her sonics. Shields, lances, domes, hallucinatory fits, not to mention a deafening scream, she would have to get creative with her poers if she wants to take someone like M down. Even slowing her down would be an advantage.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/-page19-.jpg

Who would win between the two is a tough call though. People think M could win being fast, strong, and telepathic, but Siryn has many creative uses for her powers as well that many may not know about. It's one of those things we'd have to wait off and see, though it's a shame that their friendship may take a turn for the worst.

BANNED

The appeal of a catfight is accidental nudity on the part of the combatants. Doesn't anyone watch Seinfeld? I think Raquel Welsh could take M in a catfight......

Cat fights are not fun!

With Siryn and Monet it is more like lions fighting anyway
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

もう二度と・・・

With M, she can fly fast enough to stop someone from getting shot, she flew in and deflected bullets away from Siryn in Paris, and saved Jubilee from getting shot back in the Gen X days. M has speed. Her telepathy, we don't really see, and when it was used more, it was on the less offense side.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...rv1887_pg4.jpg

What may be M's shortcoming is her enhanced senses. If she has enhanced senses, well imagine how harsh a scream from Siryn can be. She'd have to keep her ears covered. She may be invincible, but her physicality may not be safe, mainly her ears. Siryn's been known to scramble minds too.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/-page12-.jpg

Siryn's weaknesses are her throat obviously, and the only thing M has on her is speed, it would be hard for her to avoid M if she can avoid a bullet. On the other hand, Siryn can do many creative things with her sonics. Shields, lances, domes, hallucinatory fits, not to mention a deafening scream, she would have to get creative with her poers if she wants to take someone like M down. Even slowing her down would be an advantage.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/-page19-.jpg

Who would win between the two is a tough call though. People think M could win being fast, strong, and telepathic, but Siryn has many creative uses for her powers as well that many may not know about. It's one of those things we'd have to wait off and see, though it's a shame that their friendship may take a turn for the worst.
    Raptor suggested we talk about who would win WITHOUT super powers, though. What do you think, Justin?
    Radiant Butterfly
    明亮的蝴蝶

Quote Originally Posted by eurazn View Post
    Raptor suggested we talk about who would win WITHOUT super powers, though. What do you think, Justin?
    Sorry that I am not Justin, eurazn

But I think Siryn would have a better chance to win. Monet would be too accustomed to having her strength powers, and would probably not fight very well if they suddenly lost powers. Siryn would be the winner
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

もう二度と・・・

Seeing what Siryn did to Madrox after he absorbed her baby, be afraid!
    M, she is pretty good in hand-to-hand combat, as seen in late gen x
    unless that was forgotten. M's skill vs Siryn's fierceness.

As far as with powers...M is a powerhouse.

The fight will likely include powers.

If Siryn used sonics to throw off M's equlibrium...akin to Count Vertigo i nbatman comics...M can be as badass as she wants. Its hard to fight if the world is spinning and you can't stand, let alone walk or fly a straight line.

I've never heard of M mind wiping anyone....Even if she can, that would be hte cheapest and fastest fight ever. I doubt it'd be written quite that way. M seems the type to prefer to physically beat somone anyhow.

As uneven as the fight sounds on paper, it could be really well done.

Besides this is a lot of speculation they might be choking each other one panel and fighting off foes back to back in the next, as is customary to comics.

Eurazan: Thanks for the reply in terms of fighting skill. I bet Siryn would put the boots to M if they were depowered.

Seeing what Siryn did to Madrox after he absorbed her baby, be afraid!
    M, she is pretty good in hand-to-hand combat, as seen in late gen x
    unless that was forgotten. M's skill vs Siryn's fierceness.
    Ph3ar the Irish temper? I would.

Quote Originally Posted by x_goalkeeper View Post
    Sorry that I am not Justin, eurazn

But I think Siryn would have a better chance to win. Monet would be too accustomed to having her strength powers, and would probably not fight very well if they suddenly lost powers. Siryn would be the winner
    haha, sorry, of course your opinion is also welcome, x_g ! I saw Justin's very well-thought out response, so my natural instinct was to follow-up and get his response to a non-powered fight.

I think the same way you do in the above post!

As far as with powers...M is a powerhouse.

The fight will likely include powers.

If Siryn used sonics to throw off M's equlibrium...akin to Count Vertigo i nbatman comics...M can be as badass as she wants. Its hard to fight if the world is spinning and you can't stand, let alone walk or fly a straight line.

I've never heard of M mind wiping anyone....Even if she can, that would be hte cheapest and fastest fight ever. I doubt it'd be written quite that way. M seems the type to prefer to physically beat somone anyhow.

As uneven as the fight sounds on paper, it could be really well done.

Besides this is a lot of speculation they might be choking each other one panel and fighting off foes back to back in the next, as is customary to comics.

Eurazan: Thanks for the reply in terms of fighting skill. I bet Siryn would put the boots to M if they were depowered.
    If the two were to fight with powers, I'd have to concede I think M would win. Without powers and in a good old fashioned hair-pulling, scratching, choking throwdown without powers, I'd put my money on Siryn's bad-ass
    Radiant Butterfly
    明亮的蝴蝶

haha, sorry, of course your opinion is also welcome, x_g ! I saw Justin's very well-thought out response, so my natural instinct was to follow-up and get his response to a non-powered fight.

I think the same way you do in the above post!

If the two were to fight with powers, I'd have to concede I think M would win. Without powers and in a good old fashioned hair-pulling, scratching, choking throwdown without powers, I'd put my money on Siryn's bad-ass
    I'd have to agree with you. I just don't wanna discount creative use of powers to at least make the fight last a few panels or maybe be key to an escape.

PAD likes shocking people, maybe Siryn would win. Due to secondary mutation or super pwoered sonic blast of doom. Hospitalize M due to inner ear and brain damage. That'd be crazed. Not very likely, but pretty crazy. Then she'd feel all bad.

Could you see if M lost...she'd be humbled for all of eternity...or three seconds whichever comes first.

Example of M's fighting skills:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...tionX72-01.jpg
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...tionX72-02.jpg
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...tionX72-03.jpg

Example of Siryn's Temper:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...vengerpg20.jpg
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...vengerpg21.jpg

A powerless fight between the two would somehow remind me of Mean Girls
    Cady vs Regina George, Cafeteria throwdown.

I'd have to agree with you. I just don't wanna discount creative use of powers to at least make the fight last a few panels or maybe be key to an escape.

PAD likes shocking people, maybe Siryn would win. Due to secondary mutation or super pwoered sonic blast of doom. Hospitalize M due to inner ear and brain damage. That'd be crazed. Not very likely, but pretty crazy. Then she'd feel all bad.

Could you see if M lost...she'd be humbled for all of eternity...or three seconds whichever comes first.
    haha, you're very right! PAD definitely throws curveballs, so I wouldn't put it past him to surprise us all again.

Seeing M lose could be very interesting and borderline comedic! It'd probably only phase her for three seconds and she'd blame something trivial (like a chipped nail or a sale at Bloomingdale's she needed to go to) for her lack of fight focus.
    Radiant Butterfly
    明亮的蝴蝶