View Poll Results: What do you think of Siryn?

Voters
159. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Love her

87 54.72%
  • Like her

47 29.56%
  • No opinion on her

12 7.55%
  • Who's Siryn?

11 6.92%
  • Other (State what you think...)

2 1.26%
Page 115 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2052

I just can't see anything that we've learned or any way that Terry has grown since joining the X-Factor team, she started off the damsel in distress needing Jamie to save her, then she got a knew power and basically didn't develop it or use it, then she got drunk out fo the blue and slept with at the time the real Jamie or so she thought, then after Jamie realized that he'd hurt her badly he didn't apologize to her until he'd run out of every other excuse in his book to keep from apologizing. Then she spent months/years being pregnant, always worrying about whether or not Jamie would be a good dad or even be there for the kid, since she knew that he didn't love her and never had, the baby was an accident. Then once the baby was finally born Jamie absorbed it and Terry got less than an issue to mourn, while Jamie got the bulk of an issue. Later on one of Jamie's good dupes convinces her to forgive and forget about what happened and go back to the team and follow Jamie again, while pregnant we didnt' learn anything about Terry that we couldn't have learned had say M been the one to be pregnant, Terry's family didn't play any part...by that I mean Black Tom, and it was at the time in which Hope's mutant birth was the driving factor of the books, but Terry's was kept inhouse where PAD and Jamie were in total control of everything, even now it doesn't seem that anybody outside of the team knows anything about it and the team has forgotten about it completely except for a spare mention to Rhane. As for the demi-goddess status, if I had to guess that'll be wrapped up by the end of this storyline.

To me Terry never fit in with X-Factor, she always deserved better, and so for that matter does Lorna, but that's best kept for her thread. Not sure where I'd send Terry though, not with Cyclops or Cable, I don't want her to be on the run again like the old X-Force days, and I don't think that Humprhies or Wood's book would be the place either...as I'm not sold on whether or not either book will make it, it's not being pessimistic it's being realistic, just because the books have characters that some like doesn't mean that they'll sell, and neither book so far really sounds all that interesting anyway. Humphries is hung up on Bishop and Remender's Fantomex and Betsy relationship to have any new ideas of his own and Wood seems to be going to have their sex lives be a sizeable portion fo the book one minute and then dowplays it the next...

Yeah I type it out every time, one fo these days I may just put it in my sig...W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    one fo these days I may just put it in my sig...W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................
    Please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    Please do so.
    +1

No offense, it's just that I've been wondering about this and seeing it every time I see you post on comixfan.net forums for forever now... And it really seems to fit those boards better than these for some reason, lol.

I looked up Emanuela Lupacchino thanks to this thread and I'm glad I did:

Larger: http://pixeldripgallery.com/wp-conte...Lupacchino.jpg
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 01-20-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Cool art, though I hope that Terry's days in X-Factor are numbered...and that she doesn't die...hmm given that Warpath isn't in an other book perhaps he's one of the friends that comes, after all he's friends with Terry, Rictor, Shatterstar, Rhane, and Lorna...
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

. . . then she got a knew power and basically didn't develop it or use it, then she got drunk out fo the blue and slept with at the time the real Jamie or so she thought
    Are you talking about her ability to seduce people with her sing-song voice? I thought it's been used a few times? I don't have the issue on hand, but if I remember correctly, she was stone sober and Jamie Prime was drunk.

Then she spent months/years being pregnant
    Pretty sure it was the typical 9 months.

always worrying about whether or not Jamie would be a good dad or even be there for the kid, since she knew that he didn't love her and never had, the baby was an accident.
    Don't most moms worry about this sort of thing no matter what the circumstances?

Then once the baby was finally born Jamie absorbed it and Terry got less than an issue to mourn, while Jamie got the bulk of an issue.
    um, what? She spent several issues in a deep depression, even if that was technically off-panel. She hid out at Cassidy Keep mourning the loss of her baby and her dad. In her depression funk, she slept with Deadpool (either in an attempt to feel better or just to keep twisting the knife), and then promptly kicked him out of bed so she could go back to pouting. I'd say she got plenty of mourning time. Plus, we saw her continue to struggle with depression and the temptation to drink right up until she assumed the role of the Morrigan.
    while pregnant we didnt' learn anything about Terry that we couldn't have learned had say M been the one to be pregnant
    I'm sure one could make the argument that we see Terry's excitement to be a mother and create a mother/child bond she lacked as a child. Also, I think M would have responded much differently had she carried a child to term

Terry's family didn't play any part...by that I mean Black Tom
    I know that Black Tom raised her like a daughter and they were close, but I'm sure that relationship was fractured when he started trying to kill her friends and teammates.
    Last edited by shibori78; 01-20-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    +1

No offense, it's just that I've been wondering about this and seeing it every time I see you post on comixfan.net forums for forever now... And it really seems to fit those boards better than these for some reason, lol.

I looked up Emanuela Lupacchino thanks to this thread and I'm glad I did:

Larger: http://pixeldripgallery.com/wp-conte...Lupacchino.jpg
    I was saddened to see her leave the title. Her work was always nice to look at.

Cool art, though I hope that Terry's days in X-Factor are numbered...and that she doesn't die...hmm given that Warpath isn't in an other book perhaps he's one of the friends that comes, after all he's friends with Terry, Rictor, Shatterstar, Rhane, and Lorna...
    If Terry leaves X-Factor, I hope she ends up on the Defenders.

Goddess Siryn on a team with Valkyrie, Moonstar, and Misty Knight? Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by shibori78 View Post
    Are you talking about her ability to seduce people with her sing-song voice? I thought it's been used a few times? I don't have the issue on hand, but if I remember correctly, she was stone sober and Jamie Prime was drunk.

Pretty sure it was the typical 9 months.

Don't most moms worry about this sort of thing no matter what the circumstances?

um, what? She spent several issues in a deep depression, even if that was technically off-panel. She hid out at Cassidy Keep mourning the loss of her baby and her dad. In her depression funk, she slept with Deadpool (either in an attempt to feel better or just to keep twisting the knife), and then promptly kicked him out of bed so she could go back to pouting. I'd say she got plenty of mourning time. Plus, we saw her continue to struggle with depression and the temptation to drink right up until she assumed the role of the Morrigan.

I'm sure one could make the argument that we see Terry's excitement to be a mother and create a mother/child bond she lacked as a child. Also, I think M would have responded much differently had she carried a child to term

I know that Black Tom raised her like a daughter and they were close, but I'm sure that relationship was fractured when he started trying to kill her friends and teammates.
    Nah with Jamie given his track record and the fact that the baby was an accident and that they weren't a couple and wouldn't be on the same team forever she had more reason to worry than most, as I said most of Terry being upset by it all was off panel while Jamie got the lions share of the sympathy, by Black Tom I only meant that she may have turned to him for support or something akin to it. I thought that Terry was the one that was drunk, and after all it ended up not being Jamie Prime anyway iirc...like it was back during thier earlier relationship. From what I saw after she came back to the team she'd put the loss of her childl behind her except to mention it to Rhane, imho she'd be better off far away from Jamie and the team...as for M no I only mean that M may have thought about having an abortion or something like that and Terry then would have been there to argue against it and such.
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I was saddened to see her leave the title. Her work was always nice to look at.

If Terry leaves X-Factor, I hope she ends up on the Defenders.

Goddess Siryn on a team with Valkyrie, Moonstar, and Misty Knight? Perfection!

I'm going to miss her in X-Factor unless she is written back in. I think she'd be a good fit for Fearless Defenders.
    "There comes a time, when even gods must die." - Lex Luthor

Never underestimate a farmboy: Just look at Superman, Luke Skywalker, and Link!

Last I checked PAD said that she'll show up again in the book, though no word on whether or not it'll be as a guest star or on a more permanent basis...personally I could see PAD having it that Terry loses her goddess side in the end to save the team and is injured or needs to recuperate...perhaps say allowing Warpath to take her home after he'd show up to help the team since he's not doing anything right now and Terry would only have to ask for his help and he'd be there with bells on...then just have Warpath end up sticking around her castle for awhile...and the next time that we see either they're together...or Warpath get hurt and she takes him home to recuperate from his injuries...

Right now there really isn't a place for Terry on the team, the X-Factor fans that want her on the team don't seem to really have a reason for it...I've seen several people that didn't like her until she joined the team, my thinking on that is that a lot of it stems from PAD writing the book and how he wrote Terry in relation to Jamie...those two reasons imho account for a lot of why they like her...

Personally I'd rather she replace one of the ladies on Wood's team like Betsy or Rogue...the last thing that Terry needs is to be behind two or three other ladies along with Jamie...

Man, can't believe what PAD did to Siryn...I mean, I love X-factor, definitely my fave book. Siryn's my fave marvel character and I love how PAD writes her. But, I do hope he has big plans for her and this recent story is part of a huge story focus on Terry down the line. Cause if he doesn't do much with her, no one will use her ever again. I'm all for something new with Terry, as long as she doesn't disappear

I'm betting that she'll only guest in the book for a bit and then leave, she'll never challenge Jamie or Layla or even Lorna or M in the book, she's better off far away from the team and Jamie imho, PAD wrote her badly imho, from start until now.

Just for the heads up, I posted this about Siryn to Cullen Bunn about his new Fearless Denfenders serie:
    Siryn, being my all time fave Marvel character, I would hope she appeared...but what Peter David recently did with her probably makes it impossible for you to use her unfortunately...

And he answered:

As for Siryn, I most likely won't use her (at least not in a big way) so as not to interfere with X-Factor!

That though leaves open the idea that her time with X-Factor isn't going to be as a full time member...I just don't see her fitting in with the current team or having a storyline given that Jamie's married so PAD can't revisit that well a third time unless he wants to make Terry look incredibly stupid and weak. Then again he doesn't like any other writer to write the characters that he's using so hopefully she breaks free before to long...

Quote Originally Posted by max_0888 View Post
    Just for the heads up, I posted this about Siryn to Cullen Bunn about his new Fearless Denfenders serie:
    Siryn, being my all time fave Marvel character, I would hope she appeared...but what Peter David recently did with her probably makes it impossible for you to use her unfortunately...

And he answered:

As for Siryn, I most likely won't use her (at least not in a big way) so as not to interfere with X-Factor!
    Well, that's saddening. A Moonstar/Siryn reunion would have been glorious.

I don't remember them being that close...and who knows what Terry's time in X-Factor will be, she could only be back for a guest starring role...