Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Speaking of which, does anyone know the status of this? Amazon still lists it as due out 12/29, but (a) at the same time it notes that "this title has not yet been released" & (b) last time I checked, a search for "Blazing Combat" on Fantagraphics' site yielded nothing whatsoever.

Since I think Fantagraphics is the company that was soliciting Trump back in '07 or so, only to see that supposed project disappear into nothingness, I'm growing slightly concerned, especially given various publishers' propensity for ... well, lying about stuff.
    I have also noted your points Dan, as I have been attempting, over the past few months, to track the progress of this book.

It is peculiar that the Fantagraphics website does not acknowledge the existence of a book of which they are the stated publisher.

This was slated for November of '08 originally then pushed back to mid-December before finally being announced for the Dec 29th date you mention.

I'm sure this book is eventually coming out, but your guess is as good as mine as to when. I occasionally pester my LCS owner if he knows anything. Alas, he knows no more.

Thumbs down

Fantagraphics was listing a Joost Swarte book for much of last year and it disappeared without a trace shortly before its scheduled publication date.

EDIT: It was pushed back a year to this October. They seem to be having some trouble with this sort of thing. The same thing happened with the first volume of the Complete Pogo.

Not meaning to derail this thread too much, but whilst on the subject of books that haven't come out, what ever happened to the Muck Monsters book from TwoMorrows?
    Landis: You Cherokee Jack?
    Cherokee Jack: Yah. Ah'm Cherokee Jack.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

In which vein, isn't it time for our annual assurance from TwoMorrows that the Jim Aparo book is actually, really, honestly, swear-to-god gonna come out ... someday?
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

A whole passel of new stuff showing up on Amazon. As always...subject to change or cancellation.

Melvin Monster, Volume One (John Stanley Library)

http://www.amazon.com/Melvin-Monster...=3085VMHBXKV25

You Shall Die By Your Own Evil Creation! Follow up to the best-seller about Fletcher Hanks. (can't get the pic to work.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Shall-Your...=3085VMHBXKV25

Secret Identity: The Fetish Art of Superman's Co-creator Joe Shuster

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Identit...=3085VMHBXKV25
    Last edited by Slam_Bradley; 02-06-2009 at 11:17 AM.

I saw that Steven Grant (p)reviewed the Blazing Combat collection in this week's Permanent Damage column, which gives me hope that we'll soon see it.

As of yesterday, though, a search for the title on the Fantagraphics site yields nothing, which I guess implies that it's either woefully out of date, plagued with a bad search function &/or administered very incompetently ...
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

DC has an interesting line of hardcover reprints coming soon, focusing on specific topics, like the Batman Annuals, a bunch of Superman versus Kryptonite stories, and the Perez run on JLA.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Well.

That's pretty much the greatest thing ever.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Default Humbug

Humbug has been pushed back to March per Amazon; it was originally scheduled for December (I paid for it in August ).

I recall reading that reconstituting all the issues of Humbug was difficult, so I would imagine it's production issues holding it up. I wonder, thought, is it common for publishers to hold back books in order to drum up more pre-sales?

This is a very helpful thread, everybody, keep it coming!

Was it a collected edition of Humbug or Trump that was cancelled about a year ago? I had it on my Amazon want list, but it defaulted to "This title is not longer available," or words to that effect, several months ago.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Was it a collected edition of Humbug or Trump that was cancelled about a year ago? I had it on my Amazon want list, but it defaulted to "This title is not longer available," or words to that effect, several months ago.
    It was Trump that was cancelled. I just checked and it is now solicited for June 10, 2009. I'm not going to hold my breath.

http://www.amazon.com/Trump-Complete...5077822&sr=1-1

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post

The Don Rosa Library Volume 1: 1987-1988 (Hardcover)

This is it! Duck fans worldwide, wiggle your webbed feet for joy - the complete, chronological Keno Don Rosa collection is here! Uncle Scrooge McDuck, Donald Duck, and Huey, Dewey, and Louie headline a cast of classic Carl Barks bit-players, reinvigorated in fighting trim for Don's first 1987-1988 triumphs: "Son of the Sun," "Nobody's Business," "Mythological Menagerie," "Last Sled to Dawson," "Metaphorically Spanking" and more. Restored, recolored, and furnished with numerous editorial features, here's the first in a cracking, wakking Gemstone multi-volume series!
    Amazon claims that this has been rescheduled for release in December, 2009! And I can't see the previously-scheduled Carl Barks Library or the Floyd Gottfredson Library anywhere.

Has anyone heard anything about Thor Vol. 4 release date? Marvel's killing me with the wait...

Tower Books has it at June 7, 2009
    Last edited by Reptisaurus!; 02-21-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas