Default INFINITE GEOFF JOHNS V: Rogues' Revenge

Superstar writer Geoff Johns returns to the scene of the crime with his favorite superthugs, the Rogues in “Final Crisis: Rogues’ Revenge,” and shares the love with Barry Allen and Captain Cold.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16657

If johns loves doing books about the villains so much, then why does he write a main event showcasing the villains roll in the DCU, where the hero is hte cause of the problem and it's up to the villains to save the day.

This would showcase the badguys importance in the DCU.

So looking forward to this book. Seriously, since Geoff floated the possibility of it around Flash #200, when Scott left the title, I've had my fingers crossed.
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages

Bow Before Me! TotalWorldDomination's Avatar

I have to disgree with Geoff, after reading most of his flash run, I may like the Flash baddies MORE then the batman villians. I could NOT be more excited for this. Hopefuly Geoff will be on a title with A Flash and Rouges in it for a long time to come!
    I'm STILL with Iron Man.

There should be a rule prohibiting others from writing the Flash Rogues without first consulting with Geoff. They were way off character throughout the Bart Allen run, Countdown and Salvation Run.

The writers then didn't take time to study who these guys were and what they were like.

And here comes Geoff, rather than ignore what these other writers did (which is essentially what they did by ignoring his characterization of the Rogues), he chooses to work it into the story and FIX it.

He just really, really gets these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJesse View Post
    There should be a rule prohibiting others from writing the Flash Rogues without first consulting with Geoff. They were way off character throughout the Bart Allen run, Countdown and Salvation Run.

The writers then didn't take time to study who these guys were and what they were like.

And here comes Geoff, rather than ignore what these other writers did (which is essentially what they did by ignoring his characterization of the Rogues), he chooses to work it into the story and FIX it.

He just really, really gets these guys.
    Agreed. This is indicative of a larger issue with DC and Marvel villains overall. For every writer like Johns who 'gets' the villains, writes them well and gives them depth, the next writer doesn't do his homework and just uses that character as a punching bag/cannon fodder to show how supposedly cool or bad-ass the hero his. And don't get me started on glaring oversights like previously-intelligent villains being written as idiots or level-headed schemers being written as drooling, bloodthirsty psychopaths. Being a huge fan of the villains, it's quite irritating when there's no characterization consistency simply because of lazy writers and editors. Johns' Flash run was a high point in character consistency and well-written villains; I'm quite looking forward to Rogues' Revenge.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. - Robert Heinlen

Quote Originally Posted by brundlefly View Post
    For every writer like Johns who 'gets' the villains, writes them well and gives them depth, the next writer doesn't do his homework and just uses that character as a punching bag/cannon fodder to show how supposedly cool or bad-ass the hero his. And don't get me started on glaring oversights like previously-intelligent villains being written as idiots or level-headed schemers being written as drooling, bloodthirsty psychopaths.
    Case in point (just mentioned in another thread here): Bane. Went from "leader of Santa Prisca" to "Suicide Squad goon" without so much as an explanation, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Case in point (just mentioned in another thread here): Bane. Went from "leader of Santa Prisca" to "Suicide Squad goon" without so much as an explanation, IIRC.
    True that. The only good thing to come out of Tieri's Gotham Underground so far was the reveal that Bane was 'playing dumb' and got caught on purpose because he wanted to join the SS and he has ulterior motives for the government access that comes with being on the Squad. That keeps up the character consistency of Bane being a crafty thinker who's generally underestimated by his opponents as being just a 'roided-up muscle man. I hope that "Bane infiltrates the SS for his own reasons" idea goes somewhere, but with no more Suicide Squad minis on the horizon (BOO!!) and GU also wrapping up very soon, I don't know where it would be continued.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. - Robert Heinlen