Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ww Philly: Way Talks "dark Deception" Crossover With "x-men: Legacy"

The coming months will see a number of big things happens in Daniel Way's “Wolverine Origins,” but the biggest has to be “Dark Deception,” a multi-part crossover with “X-Men: Legacy" co-written with Mike Carey.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=16604

Sounds good. I will have to pick up Legacy for a few issues, and I'd imagine that a lot of Legacy fans will be picking up Origins for these issues.

Seems like a win-win to me.

Awesome...another hack writer retconing bastardly things Xavier did in the past into a story!

Ugh... as if ruining Deadpool wasn't enough, they have to go and get some nasty Origins in my wonderful, immaculate Legacy!?!

Way's a disease. Srsly.

Damn them. It's an elaborate scheme to get me to buy Wolverine: Origins.

But it's co-written with Mike "The God" Carey. So I'll snag it.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

BANNED

I can't stand the Wolverine: Origins series, and reading this interview convinces me that Daniel Way needs his mouth washed out with soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Damn them. It's an elaborate scheme to get me to buy Wolverine: Origins.

But it's co-written with Mike "The God" Carey. So I'll snag it.
    See? They got you (a Legacy fan) buying Origins, and me (an Origins fan) buying Legacy. It's truly a win-win. Nothing wrong with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    See? They got you (a Legacy fan) buying Origins, and me (an Origins fan) buying Legacy. It's truly a win-win. Nothing wrong with that.
    Except one book is good and the other is...not.

To quote "the Dude" from 'The Big Lebowski,' "that's just like, your opinion, man."

I really haven't liked Legacy at all (and I gave the first couple of issues a shot), but Origins has had some pretty good issues as of late. I'd say that ever since the Captain America story set in WWII it has been pretty good. I even liked the Deadpool story, though I felt it dragged on a bit in places.

Just my opinion, of course.

BANNED

To quote "the Dude" from 'The Big Lebowski,' "that's just like, your opinion, man."

I really haven't liked Legacy at all (and I gave the first couple of issues a shot), but Origins has had some pretty good issues as of late. I'd say that ever since the Captain America story set in WWII it has been pretty good. I even liked the Deadpool story, though I felt it dragged on a bit in places.

Just my opinion, of course.
    Notice how you assumed which of the two I don't like.

It's your subconscious.

Follow it.

lol

But, in all seriousness, I never really gave Origins a shot after Daken showed up. Has it gotten better?

No, I just knew from experience. I think I might be the only one who posts here who actually likes Origins.

It's not my favorite book or anything, but IMO it's worth the money I plop down for it each month. If you don't like Daken, though, I would say now is definitely not the time to pick the book back up. The next arc is all about Logan trying to rehabilitate him, which will go badly I think (and I hope, as I don't want to see him as a hero).

No, I just knew from experience. I think I might be the only one who posts here who actually likes Origins.

It's not my favorite book or anything, but IMO it's worth the money I plop down for it each month. If you don't like Daken, though, I would say now is definitely not the time to pick the book back up. The next arc is all about Logan trying to rehabilitate him, which will go badly I think (and I hope, as I don't want to see him as a hero).
    I read (and like) it as well, it reads a lot better in trades but I have the last 2 arcs in singles. The Annual was one of the best Wolverine stories I have read, Way works well when not limiting himself to 5 issue arcs. On the other hand I dropped Legacy this week because it seems to be aimless. From what I am reading in the discussion threads people are just waiting until it is their favourite characters "turn" to co-star with Xavier. It reads like unnecessary retconning to me.

I will probably collect the crossover in singles and hope Legacy begins to move on.
    Last edited by HepOne; 05-30-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Lady Mastermind must be returning in this!!!!

YES???

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    Notice how you assumed which of the two I don't like.

It's your subconscious.

Follow it.

lol

But, in all seriousness, I never really gave Origins a shot after Daken showed up. Has it gotten better?
    Buckey just shot him in the back of the head with a Carbonium bullet.
    So yes it has

His deadpool is alright, a little loony tunes but not the worse DP ever.

Can't Stand Pool-o-vision though
    Cyclops ad portas

Meh, I'll just drop Legacy until the crossover is done.
    "All things are precipitated by the nature of existence. Nothing, therefore, is unnatural be it bee-hive or termite mound or all our shining, poisoned cities." - Promethea #31