Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just need some preptime ezekielreigns's Avatar

Default Chun Li (Street Fighter) vs. Jade (Mortal Kombat)

I got into a fairly detailed discussion today about who would win in a fight between these two ladies. I wholeheartedly believe that the fight would be a good one but that Chun Li most likely takes it. My friend however believes that Jade would, It doesnt help that Im a huge street fighter fan and he is a huge Mortal Kombat one. So I thought I'd drop out of lurk mode and ask for other opinions.

Ends in sex.

Welcome to CBR! Get used to that.

I certainly agree but my friend got kinda heated with the rumble and I'm hoping to get some non mud wrestling opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ezekielreigns View Post
    I certainly agree but my friend got kinda heated with the rumble and I'm hoping to get some non mud wrestling opinions.
    How about just a bra&panties match then?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Jade has more of a killer instinct, but Chun-Li is used to fighting deadly combatants. Jade has speed, she has a weapon, she frankly has better special moves than Chun-Li does. I love Chun-Li, but judging from what their respective fighting styles look like on screen, I'd say that Jade has the edge in speed and ferocity.

I'm not a Rumbles expert, though.

In all seriousness, what kind of feats does Jade have?

And....
    Which versions of the characters are we using?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuimend Mormel View Post
    Jade has more of a killer instinct, but Chun-Li is used to fighting deadly combatants. Jade has speed, she has a weapon, she frankly has better special moves than Chun-Li does. I love Chun-Li, but judging from what their respective fighting styles look like on screen, I'd say that Jade has the edge in speed and ferocity.

I'm not a Rumbles expert, though.
    Although I am more of a MK fan and expert, I do like street fighter. I do have to say that Jade is an incredibly deadly force in MK. Her speed alone makes her deadly combined with her unneeded teleportation skills... Jade owns. She's kind of a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

And....
    I'd wager the Armageddon version of the character since it's her last incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

And....
    We're using composite versions of them. AS for the people citing Jade's speed, while she certainly is fast, Chun-Li's legs blur when she kicks and if you look at some of special moves, including a powerful radial energy blast I see this as a stomp for Chun Li. There's also the basic fact that the street fighter characters in game move at faster base rate than the mortal kombat ones.

We're using composite versions of them. AS for the people citing Jade's speed, while she certainly is fast, Chun-Li's legs blur when she kicks and if you look at some of special moves, including a powerful radial energy blast I see this as a stomp for Chun Li. There's also the basic fact that the street fighter characters in game move at faster base rate than the mortal kombat ones.
    How composite, for example?

Are we using...anime/cartoon versions for feats? Comic versions? And if so...which comics (this is the loaded question)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    How composite, for example?

Are we using...anime/cartoon versions for feats? Comic versions? And if so...which comics (this is the loaded question)?
    The comics where Chun LI isn't a damsel in distress. The anime function as well but in general it makes more sense to stick mostly to gameplay simply because Jade has no out of game feats. Though she does have a lot of people saying how awesome she is.

Jade, IIRC, as no feats.

Any version of Chun Li should stomp her.(Aside from movie, and maybe games)

Especially from comics.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

The comics where Chun LI isn't a damsel in distress. The anime function as well but in general it makes more sense to stick mostly to gameplay simply because Jade has no out of game feats. Though she does have a lot of people saying how awesome she is.
    Well...she does sometimes act as a damsel in distress in the HK manga, but the power curve there is so ridiculous that if we use that version she grinds Jade into the dirt. So better not use those, eh?

Gameplay? Gameplay is almost impossible to figure out. Games are different, with different abilities. For example, we could say that Chun Li's blocks are better, because she doesn't take damage from basic attacks.

:) Ridiculous, but it shows something.

I'm going to bow out of this one, myself. Interested to see how it turns out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well...she does sometimes act as a damsel in distress in the HK manga, but the power curve there is so ridiculous that if we use that version she grinds Jade into the dirt. So better not use those, eh?

Gameplay? Gameplay is almost impossible to figure out. Games are different, with different abilities. For example, we could say that Chun Li's blocks are better, because she doesn't take damage from basic attacks.

:) Ridiculous, but it shows something.

I'm going to bow out of this one, myself. Interested to see how it turns out, though.
    That makes sense. It's hard to judge power levels from games. The reason I think Chun Li wins though is that her super moves (from the Alpha series I believe) are hella strong are things she can pull off in combat and Jade's Fatalies can only be done to an already defeated/weakened enemy.

Also Chun's li's supers include an energy blast with about a 10 foot radius and her signature special includes her kicking so fast you cant see her legs.

Jade does have her combat teleport but it does happen fairly slowly and is pretty easy to dodge so she wont be bamfing it up nightcrawler style. She also has a superpowered fast kick but it is worlds slowly Chun-Li's. I also vaguely remembering her having a move that makes projectiles travel through her.

Even only using the games I dont see what Jade could do against Chun Li's superior speed. And even if you just bring in her Street Fighter II movie appearance, she kicked Vega through a wall and thats her weakest appearance (not counting the horrible live action movie where she played a non-combatant reporter). Jade not even spoken of as being powerful enough to do that.

That makes sense. It's hard to judge power levels from games. The reason I think Chun Li wins though is that her super moves (from the Alpha series I believe) are hella strong are things she can pull off in combat and Jade's Fatalies can only be done to an already defeated/weakened enemy.

Also Chun's li's supers include an energy blast with about a 10 foot radius and her signature special includes her kicking so fast you cant see her legs.

Jade does have her combat teleport but it does happen fairly slowly and is pretty easy to dodge so she wont be bamfing it up nightcrawler style. She also has a superpowered fast kick but it is worlds slowly Chun-Li's. I also vaguely remembering her having a move that makes projectiles travel through her.

Even only using the games I dont see what Jade could do against Chun Li's superior speed. And even if you just bring in her Street Fighter II movie appearance, she kicked Vega through a wall and thats her weakest appearance (not counting the horrible live action movie where she played a non-combatant reporter). Jade not even spoken of as being powerful enough to do that.
    Actually she did fight in the Live-Action movie, and if I remember it right, she was creaming Bison until she got gassed.
    My RPG Site!

That makes sense. It's hard to judge power levels from games.
    It's darned near impossible. Canon - Akuma, for example, blows up islands and kicks sunken ships out of the water.

And he fights with Guile? With Karin? O_O

So...I tend to avoid stuff based solely on game mechanics.