Default Who killed bruce Wayne's parents? Joe Chill or Joker?

Who killed Bruce Wayne's parents? Joe Chill or Joker? I'm pretty much sure it's Joe Chill but just to be sure..

In the comics, Joe Chill.

In the movie, Batman, with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton, it was the Joker.

Well he wasn't The Joker yet.

Actually its more complicated, as it varies. Pre COIE it was definitely Chill, then a big crossover called Zero Hour (think mini INfinite Crisis) happened and all the editors of the books were allowed to make two big retcons. One of Batman editor Denny O'Neil's choices was that Batman never discovered his parents' killer. This lasted to I.C, where apparently Superboy-Prime punched the wall and undid it, and now it's Chill again. As far as current continuity, its definitely Chill right now.

This'll help if that confuses at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_chill

Joe Chill.

Tim Burton is a liar.
    The Green Goblin is the anti-Spider-Man
    Dr. Octopus is the anti-Peter Parker

Joe chill , why mess with the classic ?

I always liked the plot point of Batman not knowing who killed his parents. It just magnifies the whole "the one that got away" feel. Then again, I've heard lots of people complain about it saying things like, "Batman's the best detective around, how could he not find out the schmuck who killed his parents." Either way, as long as they don't give his parent's killer some convulted backstory w/ a bunch of coincidental connections, I'm cool w/ whoever it is.

Batman Codpiece > New 52 Super Buddies Forever's Avatar

Fans rag on Jack Napier killing the Waynes, but it works well for the movie. At the time they weren't thinking in terms of setting up a franchise like Begins was, so it made thematic sense to bring it all full circle.

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

Bah. The Joker never killed Bruce Wayne's parents. That was Jack Nicholson who alter put on some clown make up. He was even named Jack.
    Xenos

Joe Chill. And that's the way it should be.
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World