Page 2 of 268 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
    lol Yea whats up with that. And correct me of I'm wrong, but didn't they try the same sh1t with cage? What self respecting hard man from the hood would dress up like he's performing at gay pride?
    Stick to the vest, rocawear jeans and timbaland boots please. And maybe throw in the chain.
    Luke Cage follows no fashion trends. Rocawear? Please.

So what you're saying is you want him dressing like every two-bit wannabe hustla out there? No thanks

The man can don a yellow satin shirt and a tiara and still run roughshod on your manhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    Luke Cage follows no fashion trends. Rocawear? Please.

So what you're saying is you want him dressing like every two-bit wannabe hustla out there? No thanks

The man can don a yellow satin shirt and a tiara and still run roughshod on your manhood.
    aye, but he'll look like a twat whilst doing it. i dont see it so much as him looking like a hustler, i think the casual look works well. either have that or the outfit he had in secret war, that looked awesome.

oh and as for iron fist he's wicked. but yeah, he should go with the whole topless tournament gear look over that bizarre disco-chique thing he's doing.

He's definately a fun character. I think it's cool that he's getting the exposure he's getting today from arguably the 2 hottest writers in the industry right now (Bendis on NA and Brubaker in his own book).

I think this trend to bring back a few of the older characters like him, Cage, and Spider-Woman have really enriched the landscape of the MU.

I think this trend to bring back a few of the older characters like him, Cage, and Spider-Woman have really enriched the landscape of the MU.
    I completely agree. You know who else I'd love to see return?

Hellcow!

Yes, I'm in a silly mood today.

Iron Fist is one of the best characters Marvel has going right now. Marvel doesn't really have any related legacy characters so when if comes to Danny, it's a really great concept that Bru and Matt created for the character. I agree about his billionaire side, it is established but it hasn't been fleshed out much yet. Just a little few mentions here and there. Hopefully Duane will explore/show more of it when he takes over the book with Foreman.

I also agree that whichever book IF is in, he should have his new suit with him, not just in his book. The new suit is great so I think it's time he starts wearing it where ever he shows up.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

One of the coolest pages from Immortal Iron Fist:

I found it funny when Danny simply said "Meh" to Jeryn when he wouldn't listen lol.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

The new writer definitely need to establish Fist's personality more. It is not very defined. Fraction and Bru really did an incredible job with establishing the iron fist mythos. The possibilities in terms of storytelling are now endless. With the other immortal weapons and possible travel to their worlds, or other threats coming from their worlds. To me this is the first time his character has been handled correctly.

Also Iron Fist should be the best hand to hand guy in marvel, hands down. think about it. he comes from a culture where everyone (at least all the men) are trained in combat. And he is the best of his generation, and he has been training since he was a child. He should be doing techniques no one on earth has seen.

then you add to it his chi focusing ability, not the iron fist, just his ability to use his chi to increase his physical capabilities. It is stated in the official handbook of the marvel universe that Danny can focus his chi to "reinforce his abilities to the peak of human capability. This includes strength, speed stamina and concentration...." To me Fist should be doing feats like Steve Rogers Cap. This has not been touched upon. Other heroes and villains should be amazed at his speed and strength. This is not even counting the additional chi he added to his own from Orson. Now with the book of the iron fist in Danny possession, his abilities are now endless and so are the possibilities in terms of storytelling.
    Last edited by taozen; 06-13-2008 at 01:10 PM.

double post

Iron Fist is pure badass. Danny is funny too. Love his martial art backround,his hole mythical Immortal weapon stuff.

I just dont know anything about Danny Rand. Why is he is uber rich, you know somewhat why. Other than that nothing except old friend with Cage.

I hope with the new arc it will be about Danny Rand and not only about the immortal weapon side of him. As a new fan i want to get to know Danny Rand.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I also thinks that Danny needs that defining moment; both as a character and as a fighter. As great as bru,fraction, & aja's run was I think it lacked that.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

the direction they've taken Iron Fist in gives me hope that something similar could happen to other neglected characters. i hope they eventually do something with Paladin or White Tiger. speaking of that, Kasper Cole needs a nwe identity.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

i love Iron Fist. i find the fact that he is a Billionaire who doesnt actually care about his money very refreshing.

Love the book ,love the character, love the Iron Fist familia (Luke Colleen Misty White Tiger)

Great page from #16: