Page 1 of 268 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 4014
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mighty Avengers
    Posts
    63

    Default Iron Fist Appreciation

    He's a billionaire, and the most badass martial artist in the MU, so praise the Immortal Iron Fist!

  2. #2
    Veteran Member matthewaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    5,719

    Default

    Never really liked him, but his comic is just perfect!
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

    I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

  3. #3
    Where's the widget? SquidSquod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,370

    Default

    I'm not that impressed with his Billonaire status. Unlike Tony Stark who knows all his stuff & care for his guys, Danny only care so much for guys so they would build things that he doesn't understand how to make it.

    His fighting action is obviously the strong point.
    Last edited by SquidSquod; 05-25-2008 at 07:28 AM.

  4. #4
    LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK Chase_Stein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,670

    Default

    He's one of my fave characters right now along with Ezekiel Stane, Peter Quill, Jamie Madrox and The Captain.

    I think part of his appeal as a character is that he's a dork at times and yet when he needs to be, he becomes an awesome martial arts ass kicker. Along with that, he has a wonderful supporting cast that is as crazy as he is...sometimes even crazier.

    Iron Fist rules and I hope that soon he'll be considered as an A-list superhero.
    Last edited by Chase_Stein; 05-26-2008 at 06:30 AM.

  5. #5
    Break yoself FOOL! GalactaSurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Harlem to the Spaceways
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    How did he become a Bazillionaire and why would he let his best friend Luke Cage live in a crappy apartment (break out arc in NA)? Also how does it serve his mythos?
    VESCELL - Sexy Sci-Fi Noir
    Trailer

  6. #6
    Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fionavar
    Posts
    9,501

    Default

    Truth to tell...I've always been intrigued by the character esp. in the PM/IF days...but I never really collected any of his books (due in part to budgetary restraints, att.)...I got re-acquainted with DR and his cast of supporting characters during the Jae Lee Namor run...apart from that, I was never very impressed with the choice of artists (which is a huge deal for me as far as enjoying the story/character goes) so I never bothered to collect the current run (will most likely pick it up in trade, if there is one such)...but yeah, He was one of the really interesting, singular and original marvel characters to date.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

  7. #7
    Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fionavar
    Posts
    9,501

    Default

    I would add...I do like the fact that the writers of TIIF have been (from the few current issues i've read) keeping DR's story somewhat exclusive of what is going on in the rest of the MU...telling stories centred around his history, building upon his mythos and thus creating a more solid, fleshed-out character...it would be nice if DS continued in this vein because of the wide and varied supporting cast and rogue's gallery there can be an almost infinite number of stories to tell...while I kinda-sorta liked his appearance in NA, I was not crazy about the fact that he was relegated to a "background" character status because of all the bigger names...I, for one, would very much like him to be elevated to A-list status in the MU...somewhat akin to Daredevil, perhaps.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

  8. #8
    ! Teh m0nk3y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalactaSurfer View Post
    How did he become a Bazillionaire and why would he let his best friend Luke Cage live in a crappy apartment (break out arc in NA)? Also how does it serve his mythos?
    According to The Immortal Iron Fist series, Orson asked if Rand knew how Wendel had acquired the Rand family fortune. The question never got answered officially with Rand simply saying that Wendel Rand had played the market.
    It was then later on through the series revealed that Orson was the son of a wealthy eccentric inventor. That Orson during his years in exile found and adopted a street urchin by the name of Wendell. That during this period Orson founded a team of adventurers by the name of The Confederates of the Curious. During this adventures Wendel kept a collection of seven golden coins from the seven different celestial capitals. Worth nothing in their respective cities, but worth a fortune back on earth. This coins were Wendell's most priced possessions, for they were proof of the life that Orson had shied away from. A connection to the fabled mantle of the Iron Fist which Wendell dreamed of claiming.

    Most of the above is conjecture from what's been shown to the readers.
    I'm going with an educated guess that Wendell either cashed in those coins some point in time, before taking his family back to K'un L'un.
    Or Orson left him provisions from his fathers estates. There's also the possibility that both scenarios happened.

    Somebody correct me if the above is way out there.

    The following is my own opinion concerning the Luke Cage part of the question:
    Why would a down to earth person like Cage expect any personal financial gift from his best friend. A real man provides for his own family and I'm guessing that Cage would hold to this point. From Rands side, Cage is like a brother to him. Surely he respects the man more than to throw extravagant apartments at him.
    Last edited by Teh m0nk3y; 05-26-2008 at 09:16 AM.

  9. #9
    The Odd Man Ghost Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Ed Brubaker has made me love a character I never thought twice about before.

  10. #10
    Break yoself FOOL! GalactaSurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Harlem to the Spaceways
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh m0nk3y View Post
    According to The Immortal Iron Fist series, Orson asked if Rand knew how Wendel had acquired the Rand family fortune. The question never got answered officially with Rand simply saying that Wendel Rand had played the market.
    It was then later on through the series revealed that Orson was the son of a wealthy eccentric inventor. That Orson during his years in exile found and adopted a street urchin by the name of Wendell. That during this period Orson founded a team of adventurers by the name of The Confederates of the Curious. During this adventures Wendel kept a collection of seven golden coins from the seven different celestial capitals. Worth nothing in their respective cities, but worth a fortune back on earth. This coins were Wendell's most priced possessions, for they were proof of the life that Orson had shied away from. A connection to the fabled mantle of the Iron Fist which Wendell dreamed of claiming.

    Most of the above is conjecture from what's been shown to the readers.
    I'm going with an educated guess that Wendell either cashed in those coins some point in time, before taking his family back to K'un L'un.
    Or Orson left him provisions from his fathers estates. There's also the possibility that both scenarios happened.

    Somebody correct me if the above is way out there.

    The following is my own opinion concerning the Luke Cage part of the question:
    Why would a down to earth person like Cage expect any personal financial gift from his best friend. A real man provides for his own family and I'm guessing that Cage would hold to this point. From Rands side, Cage is like a brother to him. Surely he respects the man more than to throw extravagant apartments at him.
    Thaniks for the insight.
    Thats definitely an interesting way he gained his wealth.

    And on the point of Luke Cage i think your right about Luke and his pride but i would think that he would be smart enought ot get a little investment money for a Heroes for Hire venture something similar.
    VESCELL - Sexy Sci-Fi Noir
    Trailer

  11. #11
    Living Legend 1WEBHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    2,644

    Default

    Outside of his awesome book, Iron FIst is still treated like a joke. People are still drawing him with that awful, 70's disco outfit.

    He gets no respect.
    Amazing Spider-Man, Future Foundation, Captain America, The Invincible Iron Man, The Mighty Thor, The New Avengers, The Avengers, Batman Inc., Detective Comics, Green Lantern

  12. #12
    Marquis de carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium.
    Posts
    31,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Shark View Post
    Ed Brubaker has made me love a character I never thought twice about before.
    I absolutely love Brubaker, but credit where credit's due: Iron Fist is 3/4 Matt Fraction's book, according to Bru.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1WEBHEAD View Post
    Outside of his awesome book, Iron FIst is still treated like a joke. People are still drawing him with that awful, 70's disco outfit.

    He gets no respect.
    lol Yea whats up with that. And correct me of I'm wrong, but didn't they try the same sh1t with cage? What self respecting hard man from the hood would dress up like he's performing at gay pride?
    Stick to the vest, rocawear jeans and timbaland boots please. And maybe throw in the chain.

  14. #14
    Get It? RhynoWoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    san an-toh-nee-oh, tek-suhs
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1WEBHEAD View Post
    Outside of his awesome book, Iron FIst is still treated like a joke. People are still drawing him with that awful, 70's disco outfit.

    He gets no respect.
    I've been waiting for the rest of Marvel to catch up to his look in Immortal Iron First, which is pretty tight. That 70's outfit needs to go, its deplorable.

  15. #15
    The Odd Man Ghost Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I absolutely love Brubaker, but credit where credit's due: Iron Fist is 3/4 Matt Fraction's book, according to Bru.
    Right you are. I forget that sometimes. Bad me!

    Allow me to revise my statement:

    Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker have made me love a character I never thought twice about before.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •