Page 229 of 268 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4015

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I'd rather the book stick to either his mystic or urban roots rather than venture too far off. If the AoA can be worked into either, and done well, I'd be fine with it.
    Personally in a perfect world I would want to see any Iron Fist series heavily rooted in an urban setting. His mix of mystical and urban is what makes him so appealing.
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Agent of W.A.N.D, Magic-ops division.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post
    Personally in a perfect world I would want to see any Iron Fist series heavily rooted in an urban setting. His mix of mystical and urban is what makes him so appealing.
    I also think the urban setting suits Danny best.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post
    I liked the angle that was played up in IIF in which both the "urban H4H-type" setting and the mystical "kung fu and dragons" setting were in danger of colliding with disastrous results. Considering that Iron Fist is of both realms, it makes for good drama that he is also the protecting one from the other, serving as both door and lock.

If Bendis is writing a new Heroes for Hire book - or an Avengers for Hire book, as I think is likely - I hope that a consistent invasion of the mystical presents itself due to Danny's involvement with the group.

Of course, what I hope most is that Aja is the artist for it. Why mess with a good thing? He draws an amazing Iron Fist.

-Pav, who figures even the people who dislike Bendis' writing can deal with it for Aja's artwork...

Year of the Dragon themortalfist's Avatar

Wow, I just love that John Byrne drawing. I just re-read Vo. 2 of the Iron Fist Marvel Masterworks. He and Claremont really did such a great job setting Danny's myth and history. Well-worth the money.
    Trust me. I have a plan. -- Daniel Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist

Quote Originally Posted by preppistonpav View Post
    I liked the angle that was played up in IIF in which both the "urban H4H-type" setting and the mystical "kung fu and dragons" setting were in danger of colliding with disastrous results. Considering that Iron Fist is of both realms, it makes for good drama that he is also the protecting one from the other, serving as both door and lock.

If Bendis is writing a new Heroes for Hire book - or an Avengers for Hire book, as I think is likely - I hope that a consistent invasion of the mystical presents itself due to Danny's involvement with the group.

Of course, what I hope most is that Aja is the artist for it. Why mess with a good thing? He draws an amazing Iron Fist.

-Pav, who figures even the people who dislike Bendis' writing can deal with it for Aja's artwork...
    This is exactly what the original Heroes for Hire -- meaning, Pwoer Man and Iron Fist -- series was like. International intrigue, threats by Master Khan, back-alley throwdowns. It had it all, even though it was cheesy in keeping with those times (an appearance by the Chicago Bears? Say what??) But one can easily update the concept and improve on the last time they tried Heroes for Hire when Namor's Oracle was the fronting the operation. Plenty of room to explore some badass concepts and not make it an Avengers-type book.

So, more teases, and apologies if I'm repeating anything. But i finally got around to reading Hickman's Avengers Q&A and someone asked specifically whether Iron Fist and Luke Cage would be part of the Avengers. The response:

No they are not, but I don't think it will be long before you see them again. Tangentially, I really think because of the good work done over the last few years, a Powerman / Iron Fist book would do well in the market with the right team.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalfist View Post
    So, more teases, and apologies if I'm repeating anything. But i finally got around to reading Hickman's Avengers Q&A and someone asked specifically whether Iron Fist and Luke Cage would be part of the Avengers. The response:

No they are not, but I don't think it will be long before you see them again. Tangentially, I really think because of the good work done over the last few years, a Powerman / Iron Fist book would do well in the market with the right team.
    In a sense this is disappointing news concerning Fist. Just because Luke and Jessica decided to leave the Avengers, and mind you, without telling Danny first, why should Danny no longer be on the Avengers? Especially since Dr. Strange will apparently be on the New Avengers team and he and Danny have established such a strong and interesting relationship. Furthermore, even if Danny was from time to time to team up with Luke as a Hero for Hire, as we have seen with so many other characters, that shouldn't prevent him from being on multiple teams. I personally would prefer that Danny remain an active Avenger.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themortalfist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 32Cage View Post
    In a sense this is disappointing news concerning Fist. Just because Luke and Jessica decided to leave the Avengers, and mind you, without telling Danny first, why should Danny no longer be on the Avengers? Especially since Dr. Strange will apparently be on the New Avengers team and he and Danny have established such a strong and interesting relationship. Furthermore, even if Danny was from time to time to team up with Luke as a Hero for Hire, as we have seen with so many other characters, that shouldn't prevent him from being on multiple teams. I personally would prefer that Danny remain an active Avenger.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...hire-spoilers/

I think the ideal setting for Heroes for Hire would be two worlds -- one familiar to Power Man and one familiar to Iron Fist, so that they could trade off between the experienced one and the one out of his depth.

Then when the unfamiliar becomes comfortable enough that they can't play those plots any more, switch to a third setting and bring in a third focus character.

DLC Marvel Pack for Little Big Planet - Iron Fist!
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected

No new news on Danny back in MarvelNOW, but this idea sure a good one:
    http://www.comicvine.com/forums/iron...ung-fu/733970/
    Last edited by zemus; 01-08-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected

There are so many interesting ideas that can spring from the foundation that Fraction and Brubaker formed. It will take some talented writer to actually pitch one and for Marvel give it a chance. The problem with Fist being a B level character hurts because it seems that it will take a creative team with a following to keep it from being canceled.

Hey everybody I dropped Defenders halfway through and have been wondering what happened with the Immortal Weapons, Danny, John Aman et al?

My general searches haven't been particularly helpful and as I love the characters I am interested in their fates. Sorry if I am over stepping my boundaries in asking for such spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Cage View Post
    New Avengers is not really an Avengers Team. No one is shouting "Avengers Assemble". Strange being on it is totally independent from the Standard Avenger Teams.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    Hey everybody I dropped Defenders halfway through and have been wondering what happened with the Immortal Weapons, Danny, John Aman et al?

My general searches haven't been particularly helpful and as I love the characters I am interested in their fates. Sorry if I am over stepping my boundaries in asking for such spoilers.
    It turned out that the Defenders made a fatal mistake by moving the Concordance Engines, so Doctor Strange went back in time to prevent it. He altered the past slightly so that the Defenders never formed, and the whole series essentially never happened.