Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has DC revealed who will write Booster Gold after Johns/Katz leave?

Has a writer been set yet, and is there any chance Keith Giffen & J.M. DeMatteis could take the helm?

Lailoni Prime Vespa Stressfactor's Avatar

At one of the recent panels a fan asked about Waverider (who was hinted killed in "52" and was also a Dan Jurgens creation) and Johns was overheard to mutter something about "Jurgens will probably bring him back" -- which leads many to speculate that Jurgens may take over after Johns and Katz leave.

This would actually, argueably be even BETTER than Giffen/DeMatteis since Jurgens was the one who created Booster and wrote the original solo series.
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

"Your Silliness is noted." K-9

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    At one of the recent panels a fan asked about Waverider (who was hinted killed in "52" and was also a Dan Jurgens creation) and Johns was overheard to mutter something about "Jurgens will probably bring him back" -- which leads many to speculate that Jurgens may take over after Johns and Katz leave.

This would actually, argueably be even BETTER than Giffen/DeMatteis since Jurgens was the one who created Booster and wrote the original solo series.
    actually he said
    "Jurgens will probably bring him back-- in booster gold or something"

listen to the podcast.. its clear as day!

I bought the "Showcase Presents: Booster Gold" back in April... and I cannot believe how underrated this series was.

Jurgens' Booster could be a bit of a jerk and he could be egotistical but, really, his heart was in the right place and he cared deeply about the people in his life.

Just like Johns and Katz are doing now, Jurgens poured in equal measures of humor, emotion, and superhero action. If Jurgens is announced to be taking back over I don't think I would mind one bit -- just so long as he manages to keep the time-hopping aspects of things. Booster has moved past all of that corporate raider crap and besides that, general societal attitudes now towards big business and the corporate culture are not as benign as they were in the 1980's.
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

Default DCU's Timestream Gets a "Booster" from Dixon

Veteran Bat-book writer Chuck Dixon will pen a two-part arc for “Booster Gold” in issues #13 and #14, following the exit of co-writers Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz. We spoke with Dixon about the book, of which he is a huge fan.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16475

Quote Originally Posted by andy khouri View Post
    Veteran Bat-book writer Chuck Dixon will pen a two-part arc for “Booster Gold” in issues #13 and #14, following the exit of co-writers Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz. We spoke with Dixon about the book, of which he is a huge fan.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16475
    Hmm, Chuck Dixon? Sounds interesting, I'm onboard. Why all this secrecy for the next writer though? It's almost like they're stalling/waiting for someone...

I'll probably be leaving when Geoff does. But if the new writer is good, then I'll start picking it back up.
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

It was announced today that Chuck Dixon will write the next two issues.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=16475
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ashez2ashes View Post
    Hmm, Chuck Dixon? Sounds interesting, I'm onboard. Why all this secrecy for the next writer though? It's almost like they're stalling/waiting for someone...
    I suspect you're right.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by NotSuper View Post
    I'll probably be leaving when Geoff does. But if the new writer is good, then I'll start picking it back up.

Well It's Chuck Dixon so chances are it will be good.

I'm a big fan of Booster Gold so i'd be staying on regardless.

Should be good. I was hoping to find out who the new on-going writer would be today though.
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages

Both Johns and Katz have said that DC DOES have someone lined up but they don't want to announce it yet and have the new writer be overshadowed by Johns and Katz's leaving.

Really, considering the lead-time it takes to produce a comic book DC would HAVE to have a new writer lined up in order to avoid missing a month... and up till recently Johns and Katz have even been coy on exactly which issue would be their last.

Why all this secrecy for the next writer though? It's almost like they're stalling/waiting for someone...

Wizard World Chicago is just over a month away. DC could be waiting until then to officially announce who the new writer is.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

You know it'd be sweet if Skeet gets to go undercover too as a mechanical moth or something.

Hmm, Chuck Dixon? Sounds interesting,
    No, that does not sound interesting at all.

Not a fan of his, but I'll give the 2 issues a shot.

I really, really, really hope this isn't another typical crappy filler issue that DC gives us from time to time.