View Poll Results: Does Kitty Need Her Mouth Washed Out With Soap?

Voters
257. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes. Preferably With Anti-Bacterial Soap.

80 31.13%
  • No. I think Kitty's Gangsta Mouth is Appropriate.

160 62.26%
  • OMG, Didn't Anyone Edit These Comics?!

57 22.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Does Kitty Pryde Need Her Mouth Washed Out With Soap?

Kitty Pryde is one of those smart-mouths who shoots their little potty mouths off at her elders. It started off with her calling the man who saved her life a "Jerk," but it certainly didn't end there.

This is how she speaks to her ballet teacher.

Oh, you better run little girl!

Then she dropped the n-bomb on a fellow student.

Which, I guess, was okay. Kitty is allowed to be racist when other people are close-minded?

Of course, there was her famous eulogy where she decided to try to offend and shame everyone in the audience.

OMG, INAPPROPRIATE!

How do you feel about Chris Claremont using a 13 year old girl as his racist mouth piece?

Should Storm have washed her mouth out with soap early on? Wasn't there a Commandant Kitty in Excalibur? I know I remember CC crossing the line with alternate reality, Concentration Camp Kitty.

And now in New Exiles, we have Blackface Kitty.

Enough is enough! When a teenager crosses the Language line like that, punishment is required. Otherwise, you'll get bratty little adults who think it's ok to smart off to the boss!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...tnoon/boss.jpg
    Last edited by darknessatnoon; 05-17-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Personally I think the use of "nigger" and other such words is completely unnecessary ..so Claremont wanted "mutie" to be the equivalent? There are subtle ways to do it.. but then when has CC been the master of subtlety. Harry Potter did pretty much the same with their mudblood and they didn't have to throw around racial slurs.
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

BANNED

I saw we seal her in a magic bullet and shoot her racist ass into space...

Oh that's already been done?

Well I got nothing.

I love how you cropped out the speech.

I love how Kitty - the pretty, suburban, genius girl of nice upbringing whom no one would look twice at on the street and was loved by even Magneto - was made to be the spokesperson of outcasts while Nightcrawler got to say and do zilch.
    Yes, I'd LOVE to wash her mouth out with soap, but it has nothing to do with her language.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

"I think you all look at least as splendid as I!" ~ Nightcrawler

Well, we all knew Professor Xavier was a jerk since he faked losing his powers and sent the X-men to overthrow Magneto regime in Santo Marco as a "graduation test", so the application of the word "jerk" to Professor X is purely descriptive.

The use of the N-word was extreme, but as with many racist terms viewed from outside their cultural context, I don't think the offensivenesses of the word "mutie" was getting across. That got it across.
    "Only those whose lives are brief can imagine a love that is eternal. I suggest you embrace that remarkable illusion." ~ JMS

Oh Kitty.

It's not her fault, it was just how Grandpa Pryde would talk around the dinner table...she didn't know any better!
    Oh my god, Canon! *masturbates furiously*
    - just another user

I think CC was only using the analogy between mutants and real live minorities...and that has always been one of the things that attracted people to the X-Men...

And she was a teenager when the "jerk" thing...

The "fellow student" was trying to kill prof. Xavier

I do not know about "nigger" because in my lenguaje we do not even have a word to say that ... but the other words are not that horrible, or are they? (correct me, please, I am not an expert in American slang) Is not the whole point to identify yourself with the X-Men if you are from a minority?

Xavier stablished the same point in the speech he gave in Executioner song...

BANNED

Jerk is the worst insult in the world.

I'm offended.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i know what she's trying to say but it's given me a low opinion of the character. she could have just as easily used a phrase like "n-word."
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think CC was only using the analogy between mutants and real live minorities...and that has always been one of the things that attracted people to the X-Men...

And she was a teenager when the "jerk" thing...

The "fellow student" was trying to kill prof. Xavier

I do not know about "nigger" because in my lenguaje we do not even have a word to say that ... but the other words are not that horrible, or are they? (correct me, please, I am not an expert in American slang) Is not the whole point to identify yourself with the X-Men if you are from a minority?

Xavier stablished the same point in the speech he gave in Executioner song...
    They're all pretty bad .. most aren't as common though. Spic is the one for hispanics, wop is for italians, slope for asians, faggot for homosexuals... she pretty much used them all...except for the one for jewish people.
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post

Kitty Pryde is one of those smart-mouths who shoots their little potty mouths off at her elders. It started off with her calling the man who saved her life a "Jerk," but it certainly didn't end there.

This is how she speaks to her ballet teacher.

Oh, you better run little girl!
    It's interesting that you've completely ignored the context of the incident. This was set during a story where mutants had been murdered by mobs, and Stevie had told her to ignore people calling them muties, because it was just a word. Well, so's the n-word - but that word is bigoted and it hurts, and that was the point Kitty was making to Stevie. Yes, mutie isn't a real world pejorative, but the point remains - if you find certain bigoted words aimed at your racial or sexual group offensive or hurtful, then you shouldn't use similar words aimed at other racial or sexual groups, nor should you shrug it off as unimportant when others around you do, just because it isn't your minority that's the target...this time.

Then she dropped the n-bomb on a fellow student.

Which, I guess, was okay. Kitty is allowed to be racist when other people are close-minded?
    No. But that's exactly the point - he called her a name, and she called him a similarly offensive one back - basically saying that if you don't think it's alright for me to call you a n******, then you shouldn't think it is alright to call me a mutie. And again, no, mutie is not a real world insult, but the point being made remains valid. Don't use such insults if you don't like such insults being used on you.

Of course, there was her famous eulogy where she decided to try to offend and shame everyone in the audience.

OMG, INAPPROPRIATE!
    A student had been driven to suicide by the bigoted taunts of fellow students - again, same point as above is being made. Don't do unto others what you don't want done unto yourself.

How do you feel about Chris Claremont using a 13 year old girl as his racist mouth piece?
    See, this is why I object to your post - you accuse Chris Claremont of being racist, presumably because the n-word is so offensive to you that his use of it must be a sign of racism, when in fact he was attacking racism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Car1aZT-XMA

talk to me when she starts doing this
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Pach! View Post
    They're all pretty bad .. most aren't as common though. Spic is the one for hispanics, wop is for italians, slope for asians, faggot for homosexuals... she pretty much used them all...except for the one for jewish people.
    Thanks !!

I knew abou faggot, but Spic is new to me... I wonder if as a spanish I get to be a Spic or do you have a special insult to europeans?

To write n**** word does not make sense to me... Is it that bad that you can not even write it when talking about the subject?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    See, this is why I object to your post - you accuse Chris Claremont of being racist, presumably because the n-word is so offensive to you that his use of it must be a sign of racism, when in fact he was attacking racism.
    Object away. I object to CC using cheap shock tactics and racist sensationalism to make a trite point.
    Last edited by darknessatnoon; 05-17-2008 at 02:14 PM.