Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Default Ant-Man Movie (News & Speculation)

are there any? Bueller?

it's a shame that Aaron Eckhart is already Two-Face (well, not that much of a shame). he was at the top of my list for Pym picks. who else could play a bi-polar science whiz?

Patrick Wilson?
    Michael C Hall?
    Josh Brolin ?
    Val Kilmer?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    are there any? Bueller?

it's a shame that Aaron Eckhart is already Two-Face (well, not that much of a shame). he was at the top of my list for Pym picks. who else could play a bi-polar science whiz?

Patrick Wilson?
    Michael C Hall?
    Josh Brolin ?
    Val Kilmer?
    For Avengers or for the Ant-Man movie? Because for how the Ant-Man movie has been described, it's whoever can make Simon Pegg feel the most like a douchebag.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Born under a wandrin Star Tobias March's Avatar

I thought Edgar Wright's film was going to be about Scott Lang?

Edgar Wright's film is about both Pym and Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    For Avengers or for the Ant-Man movie? Because for how the Ant-Man movie has been described, it's whoever can make Simon Pegg feel the most like a douchebag.
    wouldn't it be the same actor for both? that's the challenge. who should be Pym? Pegg hasn't been promised any role in the movie, from what i've heard. i wouldn't mind him as Lang. he did a great job in Hot Fuzz.

wouldn't it be the same actor for both? that's the challenge. who should be Pym? Pegg hasn't been promised any role in the movie, from what i've heard. i wouldn't mind him as Lang. he did a great job in Hot Fuzz.
    Actually, I think it would be more his work in Shaun and Run Fatboy Run that would do it. From what I heard, Lang is basically an ordinary shlub who falls into the Ant-Man suit, inheriting it from a Silver-Age superman. Strong-jawed, square-chested scientific he-man. The Professor from Gilligan's Island, with an extra 15 lbs of muscle.

Which I'm not sure would work in an Avengers movie. He'd be more the Hank Pym we're used to today, if he's in it at all.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Actually, I think it would be more his work in Shaun and Run Fatboy Run that would do it. From what I heard, Lang is basically an ordinary shlub who falls into the Ant-Man suit, inheriting it from a Silver-Age superman. Strong-jawed, square-chested scientific he-man. The Professor from Gilligan's Island, with an extra 15 lbs of muscle.
    Pym was definately the Professor. but i have every one of Scott Lang's appearances (3 copies of his 2-part origin story). he was ordinary in the sense that he wasn't running around in costume. otherwise, he was a very athletic guy who spent most of his time scaling walls. that's not to say that Simon Pegg couldn't play him. i'm just making the point that schlub would imply some kind of couch potato when Scott was an action junkie and had pretty much the exact build of Pym (who had taken to heavy weight lifting at that point).
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-13-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Pym was definately the Professor. but i have every one of Scott Lang's appearances (3 copies of his 2-part origin story). he was ordinary in the sense that he wasn't running around in costume. otherwise, he was a very athletic guy who spent most of his time scaling walls. that's not to say that Simon Pegg couldn't play him. i'm just making the point that schlub would imply some kind of couch potato when Scott was an action junkie and had pretty much the exact build of Pym (who had taken to heavy weight lifting at that point).
    Yes, but the character described when they were doing that stuff 6 months to a year ago was that Lang is an ordinary shlub. Kind of like how Blade never looked like Wesley Snipes before the movie. Think more like Greatest American Hero. But probably slightly less idealistic.

-Expletive Deleted

Yes, but the character described when they were doing that stuff 6 months to a year ago was that Lang is an ordinary shlub. Kind of like how Blade never looked like Wesley Snipes before the movie. Think more like Greatest American Hero. But probably slightly less idealistic.
    fair enough. i still think it's a stupid way to go, especially since Lang wasn't a schlub.

fair enough. i still think it's a stupid way to go, especially since Lang wasn't a schlub.
    The problem is, it's an Ant-Man movie. You can't go the same route with Ant-Man as Iron Man. To quote Dan Ackroyd as the Flash, "Oooh, that's really impressive. Size of an ant with human strength. You must be able to clean house on those other ants, huh?"

Like it or not, if anyone outside comics knows Ant-Man, it's Garret Morris.

-Expletive Deleted

Pym : Anthony Michael Hall

Lang : Simon Pegg

The problem is, it's an Ant-Man movie.
    i don't agree. i think the problem is a lack of imagination.

You can't go the same route with Ant-Man as Iron Man.
    it might be best not to do an Ant-Man movie. what would be the point if it wasn't all set in the same universe and Pym would have to be a new character for the Avengers movie? but, yeah, you can't do it like Iron Man because it's a completely different story. Lang's story was about a desperate ex-con stealing a stealth suit to break into a giant corporation in order to save his daughter's life. if you take the "talks to ants" stuff out, it reads like a part made for Denzel Washington or some other actor who people love as the underdog. this isn't a movie about a superhero. Scott never patroled the streets for crime. this should be more like the first Mission Impossible movie but with a "spy" who can change sizes.

To quote Dan Ackroyd as the Flash, "Oooh, that's really impressive. Size of an ant with human strength. You must be able to clean house on those other ants, huh?"
    that's some washed up comedian making a joke. that lack of imagination that i was talking about has to do with people only being able to think of this line instead of the possibilities inherent in a superburglar who can change size. MAD tv ripped on the Hulk. does that mean they can't pull off a Hulk movie? Aquaman has been ripped on. he almost got a tv show. don't think i could make a few jokes about a guy dressed up like a bat whose only power is human strength? i didn't laugh at the garrett morris joke the first time i heard it. going by comic book continuity, Ant-Man could punch a hole in his neck. i think that would be funnier.

Like it or not, if anyone outside comics knows Ant-Man, it's Garret Morris.
    not many people younger than i am even know who Garrett Morris is. but i don't think his existence has much bearing on whatever Edgar Wright is cooking up. like i said, i'm fine with Simon Pegg playing the character. i just don't think they should do the movie if they still plan on using Pym in the Avengers movie.
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-13-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.EZ View Post
    Pym : Anthony Michael Hall

Lang : Simon Pegg
    i could see it. do you want Anthony Michael Hall to be Pym in the Avengers movie, as well? i like that he's from the same era as Robert Downey jr; not to mention Weird Science.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1706268672/nm0001309
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-13-2008 at 05:50 PM.

i think the potential for a size changing super hero is really cool. Especially if most of the film focuses on him shrinking, then in the "big fight" at the end he grows to giant size.

In regards to actors, im not sure. I dont really know much about Scott Lang, but how about the dude who plays Dexter?

Quote Originally Posted by Shyft View Post
    i think the potential for a size changing super hero is really cool. Especially if most of the film focuses on him shrinking, then in the "big fight" at the end he grows to giant size.

In regards to actors, im not sure. I dont really know much about Scott Lang, but how about the dude who plays Dexter?
    Michael C Hall. i dunno. i guess he could work. he's on my short-list for guys to play Pym in the first post. Lang's just a regular looking guy with reddish hair who spent some time in prison for cat burglary.

http://www.stat.sc.edu/~habing/avf/Av223.JPG
    http://image.comicvine.com:8000/item...t-lang_400.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/9524/h4h/ant.gif
    http://image2.milehighcomics.com/ist...0642.73.P3.GIF
    http://image2.milehighcomics.com/ist...9410642.62.GIF

i haven't found any really good pics
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-13-2008 at 06:09 PM.