Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Final Crisis Preview

Over at Newsarama, they have the link to see some sketches of Darkseid for Final Crisis, and also to see 5 pages of Final Crisis.

Clicky Here

Wow....Jones left me speechless with the art. Simply amazing.

That was great, fascinating to see the way J.G. Jones interpreted the script; and beautifully.

Well, guess we know where Orion shuffled off to after COUNTDOWN #2.

And are those.........................skis?

Seriously, though, that art is BEAUTIFUL.

I almost hope the book ships late if he's pumping out artwork like this. (ALMOST)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Well, guess we know where Orion shuffled off to after COUNTDOWN #2.

And are those.........................skis?

Seriously, though, that art is BEAUTIFUL.

I almost hope the book ships late if he's pumping out artwork like this. (ALMOST)
    They're skipping a month instead (August)

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamessd View Post
    They're skipping a month instead (August)
    That's what I figured the skip month was really for - to give him more time - but even after that........if the art looks like this all the way through I don't think I'd mind at least 1 missed solicit.

On a throne atop a mountain of lesser men.

I would've read this bi-monthly for art that gorgeous and forty-eight pages of Morrison. It looks awesome, and it sounds awesome, and now I can't wait to read the first issue.

And in light of his earlier comments, now I can't wait to watch Turpin slowly crack under the weight of supermen. I like that bit of foreshadowing done here.
    Go !@#$ yourself.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

damn....black racer, orion

orion is the first death scene i guess?
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Bow Before Me! TotalWorldDomination's Avatar

Looks fantastic. Looks like this will not only follow up on DotNG, SSoV and Morrison's run on JLA but parts of 52 as well. I'm very excited.
    I'm STILL with Iron Man.

Awesome, can't wait to read it.

God this looks amazing in every concievable way. I have exactly two criticisms, both of which are vastly outweighed by the general art, writing, feel, everything:

First, while staggering, the art does lack a sense of epicness at parts in my view- you didn't get the same sense of chaos from the art as the script suggested.

Secondly, NOT a fan of the thing over Darkseid's mouth, which just looks stupid- but love the Omega symbol and the Apokoliptian symbol. Also adore those Morrison touches like having no shadow and everything he touches rotting away.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
    That was great, fascinating to see the way J.G. Jones interpreted the script; and beautifully.
    Seeing the script, I find some places where Jones, in my opinion, failed to transmit what Morrison intended. What was supposed to be a suddenly raging storm causing explosions and ripping off roof-tops is instead a severe but still common thunderstorm (which just happens to be in red). The Question is specifically described as being in her mask, but she's not, leading me to wonder why the heck Turpin brought up the subject of The Question in the first place.
    Morrison's script has some problems, too, at least if these pages are published in consecutive order. There's an inadequate transition between Turpin's discovery of Orion to his conversation with Montoya; until I read the script, I didn't realize both scenes featured the same character. And what the heck is up with inserting a wordless shot of Manhattan (altered by the specific inclusion of non-existant architecture) and then immediately shifting to an establishing shot of a scene in Detroit? If you recognize the architecture enough to identify both cities, you're left confused; if you don't recognize it, you assume that the whole page happens in the same city. And it wouldn't seem to matter a whit if everything on the page did happen in the same city. I suppose this might make sense in context, though: perhaps there are similar scenes of Manhattan throughout the issue, building to some climax, and perhaps the locations are identified earlier in the issue so that the reader knows? We'll see.
    "We're Santa's elves, and we're here to tell you about ourselves!"--Summer and Eve

EVIL WINS: EW.com Posts Five "Final Crisis" Pages

EW.com has published a first look at five pages of art and script from "Final Crisis" #1 by Grant Morrison and JG Jones, three weeks before it goes on sale May 28. The site has also posted Darkseid images from "Final Crisis Sketchbook."

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16319

Not much of a DC guy, but I think I may give this a try, the DC Universe #0 got me interested. And now more so with those preview pages. Do y'all think this will live up to the hype or will be a letdown like a lot of people thought Countdown was?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
    At a glance, my first impression is that it would have worked better if Jones had followed Morrison's directions a little more closely.

uh I can't seem to find the Black racer anywhere??? where is he? am i missing something? DOH!