View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Generation X character?

Voters
156. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Banshee

11 7.05%
  • Emma Frost

17 10.90%
  • Chamber

26 16.67%
  • Husk

16 10.26%
  • Jubilee

27 17.31%
  • M

23 14.74%
  • Skin

8 5.13%
  • Penance

9 5.77%
  • Mondo

2 1.28%
  • Synch

9 5.77%
  • Blink (616)

4 2.56%
  • Gaia

0 0%
  • Daydreamers (Artie, Leech, and Franklin Richards)

1 0.64%
  • Maggot

2 1.28%
  • Emplate

1 0.64%
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Monet also talked about the time she was Emplate's prisioner. So yeah, Generation X happened and it's still referenced.
    THAT should never be referenced. Ever. We should ignore that whole effin mess.
    It's already been decided that [slung's] teh secks~Flâneur
    You are cool* *paraphrased~Optic Rage
    Slung made me like Jean Grey again!~Giles
    I like Slung~RafiShai
    P.S. I like Slung~frog
    I appreciate Slung~Swashbuckler
    I <3 Slung & our future times of eating ice cream~RG
    slug(?) is aight~S_G
    I APPROVE of slung-we have the same name~Yoshi
    Oplz. I like, *invented* Slung~Mikl
    I <3 Slung~pryde15
    I did Slung~jarrod
    Slung is a chiseled Adonis with a 14" wang~$5 Milkshake

I kinda like how Generation X is handled, actually.

I want all of their shared histories to remain, but the stories never have to be specifically mentioned ever again, especially Monet's origin or the existence of Gaia.

I can live with the Best Of my backissues than see cluster-effs from a decade ago referenced in the 2000's. I just want my characters to survive.

YEA THANKS HAMA.
    Last edited by La Fea; 06-15-2008 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La Fea View Post

I want all of their shared histories to remain, but the stories never have to be specifically mentioned ever again, especially Monet's origin or the existence of Gaia.

I can live with the Best Of my backissues than see cluster-effs from a decade ago referenced in the 2000's. I just want my characters to survive.

YEA THANKS HAMA.
    Did Hama even do one good story during the whole thing? I don't really think so.

Fea, what is your favorite Gen. X story EVER???? Mine has to be the OZT one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
    Did Hama even do one good story during the whole thing? I don't really think so.

I really, REALLY love the issue with all the bubbles where Emma, under Onslaught's influence, forces Banshee off the plane and everything is just so bats--- crazy. I dunno what about it but it was just one of the highlights of the run for me.

Did Hama create Wrap??? Because he's awesome.

I really, REALLY love the issue with all the bubbles where Emma, under Onslaught's influence, forces Banshee off the plane and everything is just so bats--- crazy. I dunno what about it but it was just one of the highlights of the run for me.

Did Hama create Wrap??? Because he's awesome.
    Oooh, that was a good one too. I really loved that lil two issue jaunt up to that pimp house in Canada. Too phly phour words!!!

YEA THANKS HAMA.
    Hama sucked ASS on GenX and should never be allowed to write a comic book again JUST because of what he did to that book. He took a book that was well loved and then smashed into the ground and then continued to grind his heel into it until he was FINALLY thrown off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagger View Post

His best story involved a giant talking weasel and Gaia as the center of the multiverse. So, no, he never did a good story on the book.

My favorite GenX story (other than AoA) is the first four issues. They were freaking amazing. Followed closely by issues 5 and 6 (where Emma kicks Leech in the head) and then of course when Emma goes nuts and kidnaps the kids was way fun too. Pretty much any combination of Lobdell and Bachalo. Its funny though, the Grummet issues were a little on the sketchy side in terms of writing (even though it was still Lobdell). I wonder how much input Bachalo had - maybe he had a lot more than we thought. He was actually offered the chance to draw and write the book after Lobdell left but chose to become the Uncanny artist instead. Stupid Bachalo (I don't mean it, I don't mean it! I love you!)
    I like Slung~RafiShai
    P.S. I like Slung~frog
    slug(?) is aight~S_G
    I <3 Slung~pryde15
    I did Slung~jarrod

The earliest issues were fun!

A better question would be "What of Generation X stuck with Emma after the title ended?"
    I went and made a webcomic...
    Saturn Sally

Adam Pollina did an awesome variant for issue 63. The beginning of Counter X (which is now getting TPB treatment).
    Last edited by That JonoGuy; 07-25-2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Aaron - That JonoGuy

is 2 sexy for this board. Rich711's Avatar

I miss gen-x version of chamber

Chamber, Skin and Jubilee were my favorites of the team, and I've always been a fan of Banshee.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gaia again, just to see another take on her...
    STAR LORDX-23HELLIONTASKMASTERDEADPOOL

In Marvel.com's "We Love the 90's" top 10 list, Monet came in at number 6 and Chamber at number 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3

Poor Paige was supposed to be a powerful omnimorph, as we saw during the AoA... however, everyone has forgotten that, and now she is limited to change her skin. lame.

My favourite story was also that one on the plane... Bachalo drawn a really handsome Banshee, with that Celtics jacket.. yum

M favorite Gen X stories were of course the introductory issues(including the Phalanx Crossovers in the mainstream X-Books). I also enjoyed when they rescued Leech from the New Generation Morlocks. Another favorite was when Synch went home to St. Louis after being under the influence of Emplate.

My least favorite issues? Anything Hama wrote....especially the DAMN POOKA
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2006
    --- the best there is at what i do with style---
    "Style Is a State of Mind"

Welcome To The House That Styles Built
    House of Style
    Tre's DA Page

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Poor Paige was supposed to be a powerful omnimorph, as we saw during the AoA... however, everyone has forgotten that, and now she is limited to change her skin. lame.
    Yeah, I hate how Paige's potential has been downplayed so much. She used to change everything under her skin - not just the outer layer.
    I like Slung~RafiShai
    P.S. I like Slung~frog
    slug(?) is aight~S_G
    I <3 Slung~pryde15
    I did Slung~jarrod

This series really resonated with me. I picked up the first couple issues randomly out of 50 cent bins, and kept going back for more. I recently picked up The Origin of Generation X, which collects the Phalanx Covenant storyline.

The characters stick out, their personalities aren't beholden entirely to any set stereotype or stock. Bachalo's art really shined. I've been warned to go any futher than the first fifteen issues or so, but I've seen how a lot of these characters have turned out (depowered or dead), and it makes me said. It seems like Marvel was killing off anything related to the 90s to save face, even when they were destroying great stuff such as Generation X.