View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Generation X character?

Voters
156. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Banshee

11 7.05%
  • Emma Frost

17 10.90%
  • Chamber

26 16.67%
  • Husk

16 10.26%
  • Jubilee

27 17.31%
  • M

23 14.74%
  • Skin

8 5.13%
  • Penance

9 5.77%
  • Mondo

2 1.28%
  • Synch

9 5.77%
  • Blink (616)

4 2.56%
  • Gaia

0 0%
  • Daydreamers (Artie, Leech, and Franklin Richards)

1 0.64%
  • Maggot

2 1.28%
  • Emplate

1 0.64%
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheFool View Post
    Managed to finish this last night. Hopefully no one minds me sticking it here!
    Very nice, keep them coming! :D

Thanks a bunch! Then I guess I'll leave this one here as well. Just the boys!
    Last edited by BlitheFool; 02-19-2013 at 05:40 AM. Reason: link didn't work

you capture their expressions so perfectly. Marvel needs to hire you(& give you a Gen X series.)

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    you capture their expressions so perfectly. Marvel needs to hire you(& give you a Gen X series.)
    I would expire from happiness if that ever happened! Well, first I'd flail and squee and then I'd die. Heh heh.

Default Generation X Appreciation

The Altezzas still look tight to me. So I can see why someone would want them. But true they are so played out. They are on every car here also it seems. The truck / pickup altezzas are really annoying.

Living, sane, not a depowered vampire, or an empty shell...

Oy. Is Penny (er...Hollow?) around and inhabited by someone at the present?
    Lovely pix, especially like the one of the whole group (incl. Penny), thanks for sharing!

Penance was renamed Hollow during the Loners (2007) mini-series, called that by her former captor Fuyumi Fujikawa, head of Fujikawa Industries. In reality, of course, she had been renamed due to Speedball turning into Bleedball and that writer wanting the name for him -- and he didn't even end up keeping it, bah.

Anyway, after the M Twins were freed via Jubilee's explosion, Penance got up and was her own person. C.B. Cebulski claimed that there was someone else in Hollow and that it would be a mystery, but since nothing was ever put down in the comics themselves about that, I think we can thankfully ignore it and assume Hollow is the same Penance seen at the end of Generation X.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I just read my Generation X Classic vol 2. Man, do I miss Emma being written well.
    Same here! Shame she's in Bendis's hands for the foreseeable future.

Indeed, BlitheFool would be perfect for Generation X Underground Special #2. :)

Thanks for the explanation Starleaf. I have a significant gap in my knowledge where Penny is concerned. There are so many Marvel titles it's a wee bit overwhelming to stay current.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Indeed, BlitheFool would be perfect for Generation X Underground Special #2. :)
    Ha! I would love to! I'm doing a little comic (just 6 pages) which is supposed to explain what the heck happened to Paige in Wolverine and the X-Men as they never saw fit to tell us where she went or give her and Jono any page time. I'm only up to page 2 though.
    perpetually-exploding horrorface

www.abeautifulmonster.com * Tumblr * Deviant Art *

yes, I saw that, I eagerly await its completion. Its so needed!

yes, I saw that, I eagerly await its completion. Its so needed!
    It's done! I'd post it here but I feel like 6 pages is a little much. It's up on my Tumblr and Deviant Art though. I'm afraid it doesn't really have a happy resolution.

^but it at least has a resolution now. Not even a resolution, really, more like "to be continued" but its something & I loved it. Wasnt expecting Toad at all.

you should just do 6 pg comics for all the recent Gen X continuity stuff thats been ignored. We never got any reactions to Banshee's death, Jubilee's vamprism or Blink's return. But I can imagine that would be abit too much to tackle!

If I didn't have a day job, I'd be on that in a heartbeat! There are so many loose ends. I realize it's probably just hard for a rotating writer and artist staff to keep track of all this stuff. But it's tough when the characters you love get short changed or ignored completely.

Thanks for the explanation Starleaf. I have a significant gap in my knowledge where Penny is concerned. There are so many Marvel titles it's a wee bit overwhelming to stay current.

Ha! I would love to! I'm doing a little comic (just 6 pages) which is supposed to explain what the heck happened to Paige in Wolverine and the X-Men as they never saw fit to tell us where she went or give her and Jono any page time. I'm only up to page 2 though.
    You're welcome! And cool. :)

It's done! I'd post it here but I feel like 6 pages is a little much. It's up on my Tumblr and Deviant Art though. I'm afraid it doesn't really have a happy resolution.
    http://blithefool.deviantart.com/gallery/

That was fantastic! The title is clever: "Come Back," so that it looks like "Come Back, Page 1" a.k.a. "Come Back, Paige." ;D And of course I love the little in-joke of him not being sure they know he even works there... XD And then Toad shows up, haha. XD "Ut Phage..." XD XD XD

I think it's "you stupid git" not "you stupid get," though. Might try looking it up on Google, so I'm not your only source. XD

^but it at least has a resolution now. Not even a resolution, really, more like "to be continued" but its something & I loved it. Wasnt expecting Toad at all.

you should just do 6 pg comics for all the recent Gen X continuity stuff thats been ignored. We never got any reactions to Banshee's death, Jubilee's vamprism or Blink's return. But I can imagine that would be abit too much to tackle!
    So. Much. Ignored. Continuity!

Like... nothing ever came of "Apocalypse, Jr." -- X-Force had that whole "Kid Apocalypse" arc, or like... Archangel apocalypse-type stuff and Jono never showed. You know, that whole "Apocalypse is returning" thing when Jono was supposed to be the next Apocalype-type whatever.

Then, there's no explanation for how Penance ended up in Fujikawa Industries' hands when last we saw her: she, Artie, and Leech were safe at the St. Croix home in Monaco. Leech got kidnapped by some baddie group during this time, too. Makes sense to me that they sold Penance to Ms. Fujikawa and didn't do anything with Artie 'cos he was useless...

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    You're welcome! And cool. :)

http://blithefool.deviantart.com/gallery/

That was fantastic! The title is clever: "Come Back," so that it looks like "Come Back, Page 1" a.k.a. "Come Back, Paige." ;D And of course I love the little in-joke of him not being sure they know he even works there... XD And then Toad shows up, haha. XD "Ut Phage..." XD XD XD

I think it's "you stupid git" not "you stupid get," though. Might try looking it up on Google, so I'm not your only source. XD
    Aw. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. And you're totally right. It's git. I dunno how the heck I missed that. I guess I shouldn't draw, colour, and text 4 comic pages in 2 days. My attention to detail can be not-so-hot! I'll have to fix that.

It's a shame the Apocalypse/ Decibel stuff never panned out. It could have been pretty interesting. Though, I'm awfully glad to see Jono in his original form.

You'd think there would be some sort of master time line at both Marvel and DC so writers would know who last used a character and what they were doing. I feel like that would clear up a lot of the nutty continuity issues.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

@BlitheFool- Those are stellar! Love the way you capture the team's exuberance in each picture. It makes me really miss this team. well done, again!
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    @BlitheFool- Those are stellar! Love the way you capture the team's exuberance in each picture. It makes me really miss this team. well done, again!
    Thanks so much! I appreciate it You have some lovely drawings as well!