View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Generation X character?

Voters
156. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Banshee

11 7.05%
  • Emma Frost

17 10.90%
  • Chamber

26 16.67%
  • Husk

16 10.26%
  • Jubilee

27 17.31%
  • M

23 14.74%
  • Skin

8 5.13%
  • Penance

9 5.77%
  • Mondo

2 1.28%
  • Synch

9 5.77%
  • Blink (616)

4 2.56%
  • Gaia

0 0%
  • Daydreamers (Artie, Leech, and Franklin Richards)

1 0.64%
  • Maggot

2 1.28%
  • Emplate

1 0.64%
Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The only time Gen X was bad was when Hama (god love his Wolverine tho) wrote it. The Dodson art I thought worked for the series, but none compared to Bachalo.
    I think I stopped reading it right before Dodson came on board, #36 I believed. I was just reading the book just out of habit, then I realized I wasn't really enjoying it anymore, and that was that.

And I never did find out why the woman with the skin peeling off didn't get the name "Skin"...

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Id love it if theyd incorporate it as a new manifestation of his powers (maybe due to Legion screwing with him during AOX.)
    Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Let me ask you guys, did you love Gen X after Bachalo? No offense to the other artists, but I feel like after he left, the characters never seemed the same. And with Scott Lobdell gone, the voices seemed off, too.
    I agree, Bachalo and Lobdell had the best Generation X run and it faltered after that, but I'd say, next to Bachalo, Dodson was the best artist for the book. His stylings fit the lighter tone of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Seeing that combined with x-mas music ligerally made me cry a little. Just one teardrop for my childhood not like I'm psylocke'ing out here.
    Aww. <3 Yeah, it's a nice holiday surprise for us Gen X fans, even if it won't be coming out till January.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    I think I stopped reading it right before Dodson came on board, #36 I believed. I was just reading the book just out of habit, then I realized I wasn't really enjoying it anymore, and that was that.

And I never did find out why the woman with the skin peeling off didn't get the name "Skin"...
    She's a country girl; the whole fact that she peels off her skin to reveal something else, like husking corn, didn't escape her.

Plus, what ELSE are you going to call the guy who has six feet of extra skin? Seriously, lol.

That cover is so pretty! Man I miss Skin... =(

Why is Iceman on it though?

Edit: Just noticed the distinct lack of Husk, is that meant to be her? 0_o
    Last edited by HostilSpike; 12-15-2012 at 07:04 AM.

I think that was Husk's form, not Iceman. I got SOO excited when I saw it on the front page. I thought we were getting a series!!!
    SHSO name is Hawk Machine

yeah that's Husk. I also wondered what happenned to Penny's claws, then I realized shes dug them into the metal, yipes!

Seriously though why isnt Bachalo doing a Gen X mini like right now? they put him on all these other projects but why not let the man work on the characters he actually had a hand in creating!?

I'm still depressed at how Marvel pranked me today. I was so excited when I saw that new Generation X picture... only to have my hopes crushed. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    yeah that's Husk. I also wondered what happenned to Penny's claws, then I realized shes dug them into the metal, yipes!

Seriously though why isnt Bachalo doing a Gen X mini like right now? they put him on all these other projects but why not let the man work on the characters he actually had a hand in creating!?
    Yeah, that's Husk all right, lol. Drawn in as sort of an afterthought, but it's all right, 'cos Penny still looked cool. ;D And yeah, I thought she had super-short claws till I realized how deeply she'd sunk them into the Sentinel, haha.

I really do hope they choose Bachalo to do a mini or a series or a special with Generation X if they decide to make one. It's only fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_boyfriend View Post
    I'm still depressed at how Marvel pranked me today. I was so excited when I saw that new Generation X picture... only to have my hopes crushed. Ugh.
    Talk about looking on the cloudy side of life. ^_^;; You're not thrilled that we got an excellent Generation X variant cover drawn by Bachalo himself?? Oh well. I guess my perspective is different because, even when I saw the Generation X picture, I didn't think we were getting a series, and didn't form a conclusion until after I'd CTRL+F'd the page to see if there were any further Generation X references (and there weren't).

I was also especially pleased to see that most of the comments on the forum discussing that article only talked about the Generation X cover, not the contents of the actual interview, haha. Might indicate Marvel is missing out on a large market by not putting out a Generation X revival. Maybe if sales of that variant cover are especially high, they'll peg that as another positive point in the "Should we make a new Generation X series?" column. I live in eternal hope of this... and the HD remake of FFVII. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_boyfriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Talk about looking on the cloudy side of life. ^_^;; You're not thrilled that we got an excellent Generation X variant cover drawn by Bachalo himself?? Oh well. I guess my perspective is different because, even when I saw the Generation X picture, I didn't think we were getting a series, and didn't form a conclusion until after I'd CTRL+F'd the page to see if there were any further Generation X references (and there weren't).
    LOL. I must be too jaded and savy to Marvel's ways, as I immediately assumed the opposite of Jubilees boyfriend - "yeah it's another variant cover. It'll probably have little-to-no relevance at all to the internal content." Still, a Bachello artwork of Gen-X is a nice christmas present :)

I was also especially pleased to see that most of the comments on the forum discussing that article only talked about the Generation X cover, not the contents of the actual interview, haha.
    Heh. It's probably over 75% just discussing the Generation X cover on the official Axel in charge thread, and it seems to have spawned other threads as well (though mostly for trolling). This might actually be a problem. They may decide not to release Gen-X variants in future, as they draw all the attention away from the actual content being promoted. :p

Another GenX series would be great to see and is likely considering how much Marvel likes to recycle old ideas, but there's really not much chance that'll happen anytime soon with Marvel NOW! Once this new fad cools off, we might have a chance of seeing one. I was just happy to see Marvel remembering and acknowledging the old series in any kind of way though, and to have Bachalo drawing it was just totes. They could have had any no-namer come in to do a quick cover, at least they respected the original creators. There are a couple of writers in Marvel's employ that boast about their love of GenX, and many of the characters are getting more and more appearances lately as a result. This is hardly the darkest of times for GenX fans, keep your heads up.

Just saw the Generation X homage cover and cried my eyes out. I miss that book. Made love to the team. No words of any kind for the people responsible for its untimely demise.
    I am a Mom now... I don't have time for your crappy X-movies Bryan Singer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post
    LOL. I must be too jaded and savy to Marvel's ways, as I immediately assumed the opposite of Jubilees boyfriend - "yeah it's another variant cover. It'll probably have little-to-no relevance at all to the internal content."
    Lol, well, there you go then! You were right, sadly. ;D I was right in the middle, hopeful still but not assuming this was the Gen X news we'd all been praying for.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-grey View Post
    Another GenX series would be great to see and is likely considering how much Marvel likes to recycle old ideas, but there's really not much chance that'll happen anytime soon with Marvel NOW! Once this new fad cools off, we might have a chance of seeing one. I was just happy to see Marvel remembering and acknowledging the old series in any kind of way though, and to have Bachalo drawing it was just totes. They could have had any no-namer come in to do a quick cover, at least they respected the original creators. There are a couple of writers in Marvel's employ that boast about their love of GenX, and many of the characters are getting more and more appearances lately as a result. This is hardly the darkest of times for GenX fans, keep your heads up.
    Too true, it's especially bright for Chamber fans, no pun intended. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Candylyn View Post
    Just saw the Generation X homage cover and cried my eyes out. I miss that book. Made love to the team. No words of any kind for the people responsible for its untimely demise.
    Yeah, it was ended as a part of some stupid reshuffling/restructuring of the line twelve years ago. So dumb.

This X-Factor #250 variant cover features Monet in her Generation X outfit. :)

I find it odd that they used a cover combining all of the various casts of X-Factor but the Gen-X Variant is just our beloved. I always assumed marvel considered Generation Hope the spiritual successor (showing that they had no idea why we loved Gen-X so much) to X but I guess not. It's weird that Generation X/Generation NeXt is the only brand they've not re-used, especially considering how apt the latter is to the current Mutant situation.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    I find it odd that they used a cover combining all of the various casts of X-Factor but the Gen-X Variant is just our beloved. I always assumed marvel considered Generation Hope the spiritual successor (showing that they had no idea why we loved Gen-X so much) to X but I guess not. It's weird that Generation X/Generation NeXt is the only brand they've not re-used, especially considering how apt the latter is to the current Mutant situation.
    They're two different things. The Gen X cover is part of the fiftieth anniversary of the X-Men. The X-Factor cover is to commemorate its 250th issue. There might yet be a Larry Stroman X-Factor cover in the same vein as Bachalo's.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by .A View Post
    They're two different things. The Gen X cover is part of the fiftieth anniversary of the X-Men. The X-Factor cover is to commemorate its 250th issue. There might yet be a Larry Stroman X-Factor cover in the same vein as Bachalo's.
    Ah that makes sense. Fair do's.

Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!