View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Generation X character?

Voters
156. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Banshee

11 7.05%
  • Emma Frost

17 10.90%
  • Chamber

26 16.67%
  • Husk

16 10.26%
  • Jubilee

27 17.31%
  • M

23 14.74%
  • Skin

8 5.13%
  • Penance

9 5.77%
  • Mondo

2 1.28%
  • Synch

9 5.77%
  • Blink (616)

4 2.56%
  • Gaia

0 0%
  • Daydreamers (Artie, Leech, and Franklin Richards)

1 0.64%
  • Maggot

2 1.28%
  • Emplate

1 0.64%
Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    No, please... I want Sean back as an active X Man, not a statue!
    He can be both! Just look at Teen Jean!

Alas I do miss generation X, I mean what the hell happend!

After 2001 everything went to crap for these characters, Chamber and Husk get any page time in Wolverine and the X-men?

It seems only Monet gets any real time anymore, Jubilee has gotten the worst of it attached to a sinking fad because she is a teenage girl.
    Alias Tenfists on Marvel message boards, same name at theforce.net

Generation X Classic vol 2... WHERE ARE YOU?
    My Canon > Your Canon

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Used to love this book back then. It was fun, I enjoyed most of the cast, Bachalo art, and tried to eat up everything else that was related to Gen X... like the TV show (for shame).

The cover to issue one was classic.

I want to read it from the beginning (up until a point) to see how it holds up for me.
    Last edited by Test of Strength; 08-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Im not too keen on how Aaron added Husk to WATX just so she can be a prop for Toad. Can he please do something else with her? like explore whats actually happening to her?

why did he even ask for Chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Im not too keen on how Aaron added Husk to WATX just so she can be a prop for Toad. Can he please do something else with her? like explore whats actually happening to her?

A prop for Toad?

Did he ask for Chamber or did editorial force him on him? Because he didn't even appear until, like, issue #9, and even then it was just a cameo, followed by a couple more cameo appearances in either #10 or #11 (I forget which).

Husk was also used in very brief classroom scenes (including one with Genesis) and, in one issue, in one panel going, "Whoa" or whatever and that was sum and total of her appearance in that issue. Sigh.

Wonder what'll happen with Monet post-AvX. The X-Factor team is getting halved, with half the team staying and the rest going who-even-knows-where (Havok will land on his feet over at Uncanny Avengers; not sure about the rest).

I dont get why they got the shaft so badly, Atleast the New mutants got a revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    I dont get why they got the shaft so badly, Atleast the New mutants got a revival.
    Well to be fair the New Mutants were the first of the spin offs, their series lasted longer (significantly longer since X-Force was essentially a continuation of the title), and they interacted with the main team/title more (Gen X was in a separate location and was never directly involved with major events or crossovers). And since they were the first it makes sense for them to get the first revival. I would love Gen X mini.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Well to be fair the New Mutants were the first of the spin offs, their series lasted longer (significantly longer since X-Force was essentially a continuation of the title), and they interacted with the main team/title more (Gen X was in a separate location and was never directly involved with major events or crossovers). And since they were the first it makes sense for them to get the first revival. I would love Gen X mini.
    I would figure they would premote the NM to full X-men and give Gen X the revival. I mean What are they going to have wolverine and cyclops fight over next? Some of these inter relationships are getting a bit stale. Schizm couldnt have been Cannonball and Dani vs Cyclops? And I never thought of Ororo "Kano fatality" Monroe as the ethical center of the X-men. I mean she isnt the darkest member but how long are the writers going to wring the same relationships out of the same characters.
    Last edited by Likewater; 08-07-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    I would figure they would premote the NM to full X-men and give Gen X the revival. I mean What are they going to have wolverine and cyclops fight over next? Some of these inter relationships are getting a bit stale. Shizm couldnt have been Cannonball and Dani vs Cyclops? And I never though of Ororo "Kano fatality" Monroe as the ethical center of the X-men. I mean she isnt the darkest member but how long are the writers going to wring the same relationships out of the same characters.
    Comics are mainstream now... character and continuity no longer matter; dollar and cents do. Marvel can rewrite the same stories over and over and it will sell as long as the big names are in it. The old school fans are completest and want it all or the fans are new and its the first time they've ever read the that version of the story. It is a win win for them. This a con to fans who say continuity doesn't matter.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m8egifl7u31qg65vko1_1280.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	98692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m8egifl7u31qg65vko2_1280.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	98693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m8egifl7u31qg65vko3_1280.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	98694
    I thought Ive seen everything gen x 90's era related but Ive never seen these before.
    Cute art.
    http://betterthanlegos.tumblr.com/po...st-impressions

last one: Penance!

Name:	tumblr_m8egifl7u31qg65vko4_1280.jpg 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	98695

LOL at Jubilee in the Chamber one "AHHH my eyes!!!!"

last one: Penance!

Name:	tumblr_m8egifl7u31qg65vko4_1280.jpg 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	98695

LOL at Jubilee in the Chamber one "AHHH my eyes!!!!"
    LOL, thanks for the callback to better times. Yup, those were pages from "The very private and very personal diary of Monet St. Croix," one of the short stories in either Gen X Annual '94 or '95... one of the annuals, in any case. ;D It's done in crayons and the voice of a little girl because, as we know now, she wasn't actually a 16-year-old girl but two 8-year-olds gestalted together.

That is a very weird expression for Jubes to have in the Chamber pic... guess she's been a vampire longer than we thought. ;P "The light, it burns!" ... either that or she's thinking, "I cannot TAKE his HOTNESS!!"

I miss Hollow/Penance!
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!