Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eurazn View Post
    There aren't many of us "eurazns" out there, so I try to keep tabs on them. I liked Shinobi and his hedonistic ways, even if he did suck at murder.
    I like him, too, even if he should have stuck to business and social high-jinx. I think we see and image of his mother in the issue where he tries to convince Angel to join the Hellfire Club. He also mentions her int he issue where he meets with various Asian criminal lords. He says he doesn't want them to cause trouble for his mother after all Sebastian put her through, or something like that.
    Favourite characters: Dani Moonstar - Loki - Magik - Shinobi Shaw - Karma - Shatterstar
    arachne3003.deviantart.com Update 12/24/11

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Default This gal has some fans. This should go over.

Marie-Ange Colbert, Tarot
    - Hellion, student of the White Queen

First appearance: New Mutants (vol. 1) #16
    All Hellions appearance: New Mutants (vol. 1) #16-17, Firestar #2, New Mutants (vol. 1) #39, 43, 53-54, 56, 62, New Warriors (vol. 1) #10, Uncanny X-Men #281-282
    Apparently died: Uncanny X-Men #281-282 [Tarot was shot by a Sentinel and later drained by Fitzroy]
    Revealed alive: X-Force (vol. 1) #87
    Revealed depowered by the Decimation: New Avengers #18
    Turned Up as a Techno-Organic Virus-Infected Thrall: X-Necrosha #1
    Powers and Abilities: Uses two-dimensional images found on her tarot cards as templates to shape astral energy into giant-sized, solid representations of those pictures. She can also utilize her cards as a medium to predict future events.

Her Life Prior to the Hellions:
    Tarot was born in Lyons, France. Little is known about her life, or her recruitment to the Hellfire Club, save for her study of the Tarot.

Her Time as one of the Hellions:

Tarot was brought to the Massachusetts Academy by Emma Frost to train as one of her mutant students, the Hellions. She was on campus when the New Mutants infiltrated the Academy as part of a rescue attempt for Kitty Pryde and Doug Ramsey, using her powers to use “The Devil” card to create a solid representation of a demon that attacked Dani Moonstar, putting a chain around her neck that began to corrupt her, body and soul. Magik dispatched this construct before it could do too much, and Tarot followed up the attack by using the Knight of Swords, which manifested as a skeletal knight mounted on a horse that attacked Magik, nearly knocking her out and sending her fleeing after the White Queen arrived to assist her (New Mutants (vol. 1) #16). The next morning, while the rest of the New Mutants were captive, Tarot dropped a card from her deck while she was thinking of them and it was “The Lovers”, making her believe she was destined to fall in love with one of her rivals. Soon, the Hellions offered the New Mutants their freedom if Cannonball could defeat Jetstream in a flying duel, and Tarot cheered on her teammate. While Jetstream would eventually lose, Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw would arrive and refuse to honor the Hellions’ bargain. It would not matter, though, as Magik and Moonstar would return to teleport their captive teammates to safety (New Mutants (vol. 1) #17).

Tarot would soon also meet the mutant girl known as Firestar while she was briefly attending the Massachusetts Academy. At one point after a training exercise where the Hellions particularly disappointed Emma Frost, she and her teammates were psionically mind-blasted by the White Queen for their lackluster effort (Firestar (vol. 1) #2).

Eventually, Emma Frost would make her second attempt at forcing the New Mutants to join her school, having Empath use his powers to coerce Magneto into transferring them to the Massachusetts Academy. The New Mutants, at the time, were despondent and lethargic after their death and rebirth at the hands of the Beyonder. While most of the Hellions were optimistic over having the students from Xavier’s as teammates, Tarot, consulting her deck and using her precognitive abilities, knew that that this would not be the case, and was proven right when the New Mutants would snap out of their trancelike state to help rescue Magneto from the Avengers, who the White Queen had manipulated into trying to arrest the (at the time) reformed villain (New Mutants (vol. 1) #39-40).

After learning what Empath had done to Magneto, as well as Tom Corsi and Sharon Friendlander, the New Mutants were incensed, and looking to get even. After they kidnapped and harassed Empath for an evening, with Magik even briefly threatening him with the forces of Limbo, the Hellions mounted a rescue and tracked him down. The New Mutants, discovering they weren't comfortable with revenge, returned Empath without a fight (New Mutants (vol. 1) #43).

The school rivals would cross paths again a short time later when the New Mutants were invited along with the Hellions to a ball at the Hellfire Club, of which Magneto was White King at the time. Tarot asked Doug Ramsey to dance, but under the influence of Empath, Doug rejected her, accusing her of trying to manipulate him on behalf of the White Queen, and called her a “Hellion tramp”. Marie would get more bad news later in the evening, when she would discover Doug drunk, and in bed with her own teammate, Roulette (New Mutants (vol. 1) #53). The situation would soon dissolve into a big argument, when Cypher would slap Roulette, and the two teams would try to settle their differences by discovering who had sold Gerhard Van Ostamgen a fake statue of Selene. Predicting her team’s victory, by what her cards told her (and getting chastised for letting her cards rule her life by James Proudstar), Tarot would be proven true when the Hellions would capture Viper and the Silver Samurai, and win (New Mutants (vol. 1) #54).

When the Hellions were given a weekend off from school to go to the Hellfire Club in New York, the team began to realize Empath had a crush on the New Mutant, Magma. Tarot began to tease Empath about her, and for her trouble, he used his powers to make her temporarily gain great respect for Amara, before he was forced to stop by Thunderbird. The team would sneak out of the Hellfire Club, and using psychic construct of “The Lovers” as a flying contraption, they would attempt to recover the “Bird Boy”, having already seen a news story that showed the New Mutants were trying to recover it, as well. Upon engaging the New Mutants over the creature, Tarot showed enough skill to summon “The Devil”, “The Knight of Swords”, and a lion, symbolizing “Strength” in her deck at the same time. When Magma would blast fire at her, though, and burn her cards out of her hands, it would destroy all four of the constructs she had created, including the flying contraption. This sent the Hellions tumbling to their deaths, but Tarot managed to grab the singed Devil card and summon another demon for the team to fly upon. Again, Magma would blast her, causing the Hellions to fall. Eventually, the New Mutants would be teleported away by Magik, with the Bird Boy (New Mutants (vol. 1) #56).

Magma ended up leaving Xavier’s to join the Hellions at the Massachusetts Academy, and upon her arrival, Tarot and the Hellions tested her in a training exercise, all ganging up on her at once. During much of it, Tarot began teasing both Amara and Empath about their apparent crush on each other (New Mutants (vol. 1) #62).

Tarot would also be present when the White Queen would send the Hellions, now with Beef and Bevatron, into battle against the New Warriors. One of her constructs, of a large bearded man, would assault Night Thrasher, and she would summon forth the Devil, some kind of a winged warrior, and the knight of wands to assault Marvel Boy (Vance Astrovik), and eventually threaten him with the Death card itself. Vance kept the reaper at bay with his psychokinetic shield, and as he was knocked out, he managed to hit Tarot in the jaw with a telekinetic blast, knocking out the both of them and ending their fight in a draw (New Warriors (vol. 1) #10).

It would be sometime before the Hellions’ last days at Massachusetts Academy that Tarot would come to meet the mysterious Christopher Aaronson, the man who would one day become King Bedlam, and with her precognitive abilities, in relation to her cards, she knew she was destined to one day be with him (revealed in X-Force (vol. 1) #87).

Though all this would be for naught during one fateful night. The members of the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle were being murdered one by one leaving only a few members left, including Donald Pierce (the White Rook) and Emma Frost(the White Queen). Fearing for her life, the White Queen, would throw a ball and invite the X-Men. Her intentions were to use the ball as a means to ease tension between the two separate mutant factions [the X-Men and the Hellfire Club]. Her thoughts were that if another faction had the capacity to attack the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle, and be as successful as they were, the X-Men couldn't be far from the next target. This of course, couldn't be a truer statement. Towards the end of the night Emma would call a closed meeting with her and her Hellions and Storm and the X-Men’s Gold Team. The Hellions seemed to have little interest in an alliance, and were eager to battle the X-Men, summoning the image of Death to battle Iceman, before being told to stop by Jean Grey, who knew there was a potential assassin in the building. Trevor Fitzroy, and his Sentinels, began their attack, with Tarot being caught in the grip of one of the giant robots. Iceman freed her, for the moment, with his powers. She told Iceman she owed him one, but as Bobby went to aid Colossus against another Sentinel, it turns out she would never get that chance. Another Sentinel came in, and as Tarot summoned a witch quickly with her cards, the Sentinel fired a blast that destroyed the witch, and then went through it to kill her (Uncanny X-Men #281). Or did they? While the Sentinels reported Tarot’s demise, she appeared later in the battle, but her life force was drained by Trevor Fitzroy, killing her a second time (Uncanny X-Men #282).

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Her Reappearance as a member of King Bedlamís Hellions:

Tarot would somehow cheat death a second time being nursed back to health by her one time acquaintance Christopher Aaronson. She would be the first of one of his own team of Hellions, along with Feral, Magma, Switch, and Paradigm. However, she would appear before her former teammate James Proudstar, now going by the name Warpath, and try to warn him of Aaronsonís dangerous plan to awaken the entity known as the Armageddon Man, before returning to King Bedlam. She, and the rest of the New Hellions would then reveal themselves to all of X-Force, in an attempt to see if they could force any of them to join (X-Force (vol. 1) #87). She continued to try and warn Warpath of the danger of King Bedlam, but would not go into detail, and refused to turn against him, claiming she loved King Bedlam (X-Force (vol. 1) #88). After X-Force would be captured, she would present the card of the Fool to Jesse Aaronson, King Bedlamís brother on X-Force, and warn him that his plan to resurrect the Armageddon Man must be stopped. She walked into the reactor room at the Alamogordo Base herself, risking advanced radiation exposure, to summon the arcana from her Tarot deck directly out of her teammate Paradigm, who lost his control over X-Force, setting them free. Tarot went to confess her betrayal to King Bedlam, claiming that his plan to resurrect the Armageddon Man would only result in misfortune, not wealth. He went to punch her, but was prevented from doing so by Jesse Aaronson, who could see the toll being exposed to the reactor roomís radiation had already begun to have on her, but in the end, her efforts were for naught, and the Armageddon Man was revived (X-Force (vol. 1) #89). While in the battle that soon began again between X-Force and the Hellions, Tarot was willing to defend King Bedlam from their attacks, she also revealed the key to defeating the Armageddon Man to X-Force, to remove him from the Earth he drew his strength from. In the end, when most of this team of Hellions fled, Tarot was amongst their number (X-Force (vol. 1) #90). She would not be heard of until the Decimation, when her power signature turned up amongst those within the Collective, revealing that she lost her powers on M-Day (revealed in New Avengers #18).

Whatever happened to Tarot after this (quite possibly she was killed for her betrayal by King Bedlam), she turned up as one of Seleneís techno-organic virus-infected thralls that attacked Utopia (X-Necrosha #1). Tarot summoned forth the Death card, creating a giant reaper with a scythe to attack Cyclops and Domino, only to have the teleport in front of it and nearly be decapitated (X-Force (vol. 3) #21). As Selene began to realize that her control over Doug Ramsey was beginning to lapse, she sent the Hellions to recover him. The New Mutants, however, managed to assure Seleneís control over Doug was broken using the Soulsword, and Warlock deployed some sort of counter-measure with some of his techno-organic offspring that blew the Hellions clear off of the roof of one of Utopiaís towers in a large explosion (New Mutants (vol. 3) #7-8). It is unknown, however, if when Blink returned to Utopia to collect Seleneís techno-organic thralls to return them to Genosha for her to feed upon their life-essences in her ritual to achieve godhood, if Tarot or the Hellions were amongst their number.

Her Reappearance as one of Seleneís techno-organic thralls:

What did you think of Tarot? Should she act against the creators of Yu-Gi-Oh! For ripping off her gimmick? Would you like to see her former attractions to Cypher or James Proudstar explored?

Updated Tuesdays.

<3<3<3 Tarot!!!!! <3<3<3

Is it ok if I post the links to this in my Tarot thread introduction?

Awesome bio and explanation btw. So excited she and the other Hellions spoilers:
    will be back,
    end of spoilers as hinted.

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    <3<3<3 Tarot!!!!! <3<3<3
    I knew you'd approve, justin. If you want to quote my posts and throw them in her appreciation thread, I wouldn't complain.

In any event, enjoy.

Updated Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I knew you'd approve, justin. If you want to quote my posts and throw them in her appreciation thread, I wouldn't complain.

In any event, enjoy.
    You predicted my post before I edited in some details.
    Tarot's prescence remains with you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I like him, too, even if he should have stuck to business and social high-jinx. I think we see and image of his mother in the issue where he tries to convince Angel to join the Hellfire Club. He also mentions her int he issue where he meets with various Asian criminal lords. He says he doesn't want them to cause trouble for his mother after all Sebastian put her through, or something like that.
    Interesting, so she's still potentially alive? I'd love to see that explored sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    <3<3<3 Tarot!!!!! <3<3<3

Is it ok if I post the links to this in my Tarot thread introduction?

Awesome bio and explanation btw. So excited she and the other Hellions spoilers:
    will be back,
    end of spoilers as hinted.
    OMG, Justin, you must be giddy, hehe.

P.S. Ms. Cohen is totally KRUNK while Stevie Hunter is ballet. Their bitter rivalry will culminate in "Step It Up and Burn: the Hellfire Dance Off."
    Radiant Butterfly
    明亮的蝴蝶

Dazzler's Glitterati | Psylocke's Psquadron

"Oh eurazn. You make the world a better place." - slacker

Quote Originally Posted by eurazn View Post
    P.S. Ms. Cohen is totally KRUNK while Stevie Hunter is ballet. Their bitter rivalry will culminate in "Step It Up and Burn: the Hellfire Dance Off."
    What an idea!

I actually wish a Kitty/Stevie/Miss Cohen/Firestar scene like this would happen at some NYC dance club in Wolverine: First Class now.

Updated Tuesdays.

Je l'aime!

Emmanuel DaCosta
    - White Rook of Hellfire Club I

(Selene calls him a Rook, and Von Roehm was the Black Rook, so by default…)
    First appearance: Marvel Graphic Novel #4
    First Hellfire appearance: New Mutants (vol. 1) #7
    Last appearance: New Mutants (vol. 1) #98 [poisoned and killed by one of Gideon's operatives]
    All Hellfire appearances: New Mutants (vol. 1) #7-8, 12, 22-23
    Powers: none, human

Before his time with the Hellfire Club: Emmanuel Da Costa was a man who had built a financial empire, but began to become estranged from his wife, Nina, and son, Roberto, when he was approached by Sebastian Shaw to join the Hellfire Club. Shaw sent operatives like Axe and Castro to dry and dissuade Nina, and the New Mutants, from going on an expedition in the Amazon to the Maderia (which was the secret mine his fortune was made upon), and come home to be at Emmanuel’s side like “a good wife should”. All the while, though, Da Costa had begun being enticed by Shaw with the women of the Hellfire Club, and whatever services they might provide him. Eventually, Shaw’s assistance with his wife, son, and the New Mutants is enough to compel him to join. Emmanuel informs Roberto of his decision, and it sparks a fight between the two. It’s not hard to understand why, since Donald Pierce and his Hellfire mercenaries tried killing Roberto when he was fourteen, and in the battle that followed, Roberto’s girlfriend, Julia was killed. Regardless, the elder Da Costa goes forth into the ranks of the Hellfire Club as White Rook.

During his time in the Hellfire Club: Emmanuel’s initiation rite was the same night as Selene’s first night as the Black Queen. Immediately upon his entry as White Rook, Sebastian Shaw began pressuring him to also have his son join the Hellfire Club’s ranks. Years go by, and Da Costa’s involvement within the Hellfire Club remains a mystery until his death at the hands of Eve, an assassin who serves him poison coffee upon the orders of the External, Gideon.

What did you think of Emmanuel Da Costa? What business deals did he gain through the Hellfire Club? Did his joining effectively end his marriage, permanently?

Updated Tuesdays.

Sunspot (Roberto “Bobby” DaCosta)
    – Originally Black Rook of the Hellfire Club IV, briefly Black King of the Hellfire Club V

eventually Lord Imperial of Hellfire Club V
    First appearance: Marvel Graphic Novel #4
    First Hellfire IV appearance : X-Force (vol. 1) #94
    All Hellfire IV appearances: X-Force (vol. 1) #94, 96-98, Uncanny X-Men # 453, 454, X-Men: Endangered Species #1, X-Men: Legacy #210-211.
    Last Appearance: X-Force (vol. 3) #26.
    Powers: Absorb sunlight and other sources of heat energy, re-channeling them into concentrated solar energy that he can direct as waves of intense heat, dark plasma blasts, and thermal updrafts that allow him to fly. Sunspot originally metabolized solar energy into an energy charge that increase his strength, endurance, and resilience. He later learned how to focus this charge outwards as concussive blasts, energy shields, and thrust for flight. The many changes to his powers he has experienced at the hands of Cable, Reignfire, and the Damocles Foundation make it unclear as to if he can still access physical power enhancement.

Before His Hellfire Club Initiation:

Roberto da Costa was born and raised in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He is the son of wealthy businessman Emmanuel da Costa and archaeologist Nina da Costa. The relationship between Roberto and his father, for a long time, resembled more closely one of best friends than father and son (the Hellfire Club would put a barrier between them, though). Nonetheless, Emmanuel constantly pushed his son to reach for both his physical and intellectual limits. Thanks to his father's encouragement, Roberto rose to the position of star futbol player at school, and was considered by recruiters for the Brazilian Olympic team. Shortly before what is believed to be his fourteenth birthday (as best can be determined; there are conflicting references) Roberto was playing a soccer game with his team (the Thunderbolts) against their arch-rivals, the Dynamos. Racist members of the Dynamos assaulted Roberto during the game, and in response Roberto took matters into his own hands, initiating a fight on the field. He proceeded to manifest his mutant powers, transforming suddenly into a creature of solid black solar energy. Surprised and terrified, people abandoned the stadium, and only his girlfriend, Juliana Sandoval, refused to abandon him.
    Within a matter of days, a mutant-hating faction led by Donald Pierce and employing Hellfire Club mercenaries kidnapped Juliana to lure Roberto into a trap. He engages them, but is eventually defeated. Other young mutants by the name of Karma and Psyche rescue him. In the course of the following battle, against Pierce and his mercenaries, Juliana sacrifices her life for Robert, jumping in front of a bullet for him, and is seemingly lost to him forever.
    After the rescue, Roberto joins Karma and Psyche in going after Donald Pierce. The three are joined by Wolfsbane, and after the battle by Sam Guthrie, a.k.a Cannonball, one of Pierce's misguided mutant hirelings, despite initial reservations by the others. Professor Charles Xavier offerd to train the five teenagers in controlling their nascent mutant powers, to which they accept and become the founding members to the group known as the New Mutants, a group of junior X-Men. During their time as teammates on the New Mutants, Roberto and Sam Guthrie would become best friends.
    When Cable takes over the New Mutants later, he turns them into the paramilitary group X-Force, Sunspot parts ways with the team for awhile. During this time Sunspot is tutored by Gideon of the Externals, an old business partner of Roberto's father (who has since been killed by one of Gideon’s operatives). Suspecting Sunspot to be a fellow External, Gideon takes Sunspot under his wing, and experiments on him, in an attempt to grant him new powers such as flight and the ability to fire blasts of solar energy. For a time Sunspot was lost in the #space-time continuum after interfering with the teleportation powers of the mutant Locus. During this time, a villain called Reignfire comes onto the scene, showing a remarkable similar appearance to Sunspot. After some time, X-Force would discover that Reignfire was a protoplasmic cellular construct that patterned itself after Roberto after being given access to a cellular sample from him. In effect, Reignfire was just an evil clone of Bobby.
    Eventually X-Force would find themselves a separate entity without Cable, and when they started travelling around the country doing their own brand of moral mercenary work and odd jobs, Roberto would briefly have a tryst with Tabitha Smith, aka Meltdown, who was, at the time, his best friend’s girlfriend. In time, Sunspot and Meltdown would separate, and the brief rift that it created between Sam and Bobby would be mended.

Recruitment and time in the Hellfire Club:
    Roberto would be approached by members of the Hellfire Club, who would point out that since his father Emmanuel had a seat in the Club so does he, as the seats are inherited genetically. The incarnation of the Hellfire Club, in question, was led by Selene, and also had Hellstorm and Blackheart as key members of its Inner Circle. Blackheart had recovered the soul of his long lost love, Juliana, and Selene promised Roberto that they would use their magicks to resurrect her if he joins. Sunspot agreed, and Selene kept her part of the bargain, but only to a certain extent. She brought back the spirit of Juliana, but inserts it into the body of a comatose girl. Possibly because he felt obliged to fulfill his promise, Roberto decides to stay, becoming Selene's Black Rook. He would meet “Juliana” later on the street, but the two do not seem to be aware of their identities.
    After time passed, Roberto next surfaces in the title X-Treme X-Men as the head of the Los Angelese branch of X-Corporation, along with former teammate Magma, and former Hellion, Empath. Roberto's ties to the Hellfire Club are revealed to have not been severed, as Sebastian Shaw approaches, having taken over the position of Hellfire Club's Lord Imperial and wanting Roberto as his Black King. Shaw claims that he is trying to turn the Club into a force of good, so Roberto accepts, though he keeps his involvement with Shaw a secret.Not long after at all, Shaw is injured in battle by Donald Pierce, and his injuries are severe enough to make him incapable of overseeing the Hellfire Club. Roberto again is given a field promotion, going from Black Rook to Black King to Lord Imperial seemingly overnight. At his side for a time was Sage, who left the X-Men to make sure Roberto is not corrupted by the power he wields. She would not remain long, however, soon joining the New Excalibur team.
    After the events of M-Day, Cyclops called for the shutting down of all branches of the X-Corporation to better pool the resources of the X-Men. Sunspot returned to the Hellfire Club, but was far from enchanted with being a part of the club, with someone like Sebastian Shaw or several other members always plotting his downfall. He did appreciate the attention he got from some of its female members, like Miss Cabot (X-Men: Legacy #210). Upon the destruction of a device Sebastian Shaw had in the Hellfire Club that would track the energy pulses of Mr. Sinister’s Chronus Device, to indicate when he was searching for a new host body for his consciousness, Roberto was noticeably perturbed with all of Shaw’s secrets, and asked the Inner Circle to prepare nominations for a new member. While many may have wondered if he was referring to deposing Shaw, he may have, in fact, have been foreshadowing his own resignation (X-Men: Legacy #211).

Sunspot’s resignation as Lord Imperial would come shortly thereafter, when former Hellfire Club member Donald Pierce would send a group of New X-Men, including Rockslide, Ink, and Wolfcub, to ambush both him, and his best friend, Cannonball, at the New York City Hellfire Club. The fight would be interrupted by the escaped Magma, and Dust, who would inform them of the treachery of Donald Pierce. The two united teams would battle Donald Pierce, but not before he could kill Wolf Cub (Young X-Men #4-5). In the wake of this incident, Sunspot moved to San Francisco, to live with the X-Men at their new Marin Base, and where he would serve as a mentor to the Young X-Men, leading them into battle against one of Krakoa’s offspring, the Y-Men, and the Neo (Young X-Men #6-12). Roberto would also prove himself again as part of the X-Men’s counter-offensive against the Skrull Empire in San Francisco during the “Secret Invasion” (Secret Invasion: X-Men #1-4).

[/B]
    Last edited by worstblogever; 05-06-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Updated Tuesdays.

Has there already been a "Courtney Ross" aka Opal Lun Sat-Yr-9 entry?

There should be.

please?

"Art is anything that you can get away with."

Pull List: Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, Fearless Defenders, Wolverine & The X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Morning Glories, Mind the Gap, Fables

With the dissolution of the Young X-Men squad, Sunspot was placed with all of the original New Mutants onto a team of mutants sent to investigate attacks in Westcliffe, Colorado that turned out to be a result of the return of David Haller, Legion. While battling the mentally unstable foe, Sunspot was badly wounded, but the New Mutants managed to bring him back to San Francisco where the X-Club formulated a solution to rid him of his multiple personalities (New Mutants (vol. 3) #1-5).

After the capture of Legion, Sunspot was present at the Marin Base as rioting broke out in San Francisco over Proposition X (Dark Avengers: Uncanny X-Men: Utopia #1). For whatever reason, as the New X-Man, Hellion, began to foment his own personal rebellion to protest Proposition X, the former leader of the Hellfire Club joined him, just wreaking havoc in the streets of San Francisco, until Emma Frostís Dark X-Men team quickly showed up to quash their uprising (Uncanny X-Men #513). Sunspot as arrested with seeming ease by the Dark X-Men, and taken to Alcatraz, where he was to be placed in the Omega Machine to have his powers drained and given to Weapon Omega, however, Emma Frost and Namor led an insurrection amongst her own team, and assisted X-Force in leading a mass escape of all the detainees (Dark Avengers #7-8). Roberto was teleported to the X-Menís new island home, Utopia, where he was a part of the X-Menís final battle against Norman Osbornís Avengers and X-Men, where they declared themselves a sovereign nation (Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Exodus #1).

Shortly after this battle, he proved himself again in combat against the Agents of Atlas, who arrived to attempt to steal Cerebra from the H.A.M.M.E.R. guarded Marin Base (X-Men vs. Agents of Atlas #1-2). But a bigger test would be coming, in the form of Seleneís army of techno-organic virus-infected thralls. As they invaded Utopia, Roberto and the New Mutants faced the resurrected Cypher, as well as all of the Hellions, returned from their graves. Cypher managed to shake Seleneís influence, and the New Mutants managed to save their old teammate (New Mutants (vol. 3) #6-8).

Since then, Roberto has also been present to help the New Mutants foil attacks by the Savage Land Mutates upon Japanese naval ships (New Mutants (vol. 3) #9-11), and has been vocally critical of Doug Ramsey, not trusting him after his assault on Magma. He was also a part of the New Mutantsí team that was sent in to Cameron Hodgeís base in St. Louis, to assure that the Right could not provide Bastionís army with reinforcements (X-Men: Second Coming #1, Uncanny X-Men #523, New Mutants (vol. 3) #12, X-Force (vol. 3) #26).

What do you think of Sunspot as a member of the Hellfire Club? Do you think his pact with Selene and Blackheart is somehow infernal? Do you think he was wrong to leave the club, and place Sebastian Shaw in charge instead?

Updated Tuesdays.

I thought he was terrible as a member.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I thought he was terrible as a member.
    He seemed like he was just there for the well displayed boobs. That's an agenda, I suppose, but not as awesome as one of world domination.

Updated Tuesdays.