Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Green Goblin Debuts on "Spectacular Spider-Man"

Courtesy of Kids' WB!, CBR brings you exclusive images from "Catalysts," this weekend's new episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man, introducing the Green Goblin to the show.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16176

My god, this is going to be epic. Easily my most anticipated episode of the season.

aka Encyclopedia Brown BoosterBronze's Avatar

Looks very cool.
    Currently playing as Encyclopedia Brown in the Traitor Game!

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

This show has made me fall in love with Mary Jane Watson all over again (sighs blissfully). Also it seems that Tombstone has a nasty new rival. One that is green, demonic-looking, and flies around on a glider. Guess who.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

BANNED

He looks like an elfish character from a half baked lord of the rings wannbe story not the Green Goblin.

God I hate these friggin designs so much. I mean they are not MTV spider-man bad, but there pretty damn close.

I have to agree that he looks more goofy than menacing.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quoth the raptor.. RARGH!

You guys are aware you're watching The Green Goblin, right?

I always thought the Norman Osborne Goblin costume and its variants were quite menacing. Not jester-like like this one. But, YMMV.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I have to agree that he looks more goofy than menacing.
    The guy in the green skin, gay purple hat and matching boots? Yeah, that guy killed Gwen Stacy and Ben Reily looking like an utter dork

I'm not a huge fan of the way Green Goblin looks (in general, not just in this show). But it actually didn't bother me here. Plus I loved his personality and voice. It had a nice rasp to it.

I have to say, it was okay, but worst episode of the series so far.

The animation took a very noticable step down IMO. Very choppy and not very fluid. Especially in any scene that involved dancing. The fight scenes for the most part felt too jerky.

The writing wasn't as tight as usual, either. Really pretty much every aspect of the show seemed downgraded from the episodes that preceeded it.

I know not every episode can be a great one, but I expected more from an episode that introduces Mary Jane and Green Goblin properly. This felt...sloppy.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

My favorite Green Goblin costume in the comics is the Humberto Ramos version, and I kind of wished they used it as a template for the animated version.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post
    I have to say, it was okay, but worst episode of the series so far.

The animation took a very noticable step down IMO. Very choppy and not very fluid. Especially in any scene that involved dancing. The fight scenes for the most part felt too jerky.

The writing wasn't as tight as usual, either. Really pretty much every aspect of the show seemed downgraded from the episodes that preceeded it.

I know not every episode can be a great one, but I expected more from an episode that introduces Mary Jane and Green Goblin properly. This felt...sloppy.
    Did we watch the same episode?

I have to admit, I was a little distracted by the voice, just because it sounded a little too much like Blum was trying to do a somewhat more schizo version of Hammill's Joker. But other than that, great stuff. I actually like the redesign, mostly because it's the kind of thing where you almost have to redesign it somehow. Between the sock hat and the purple panties on the outside, it's a rough look to pull off.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    I have to admit, I was a little distracted by the voice, just because it sounded a little too much like Blum was trying to do a somewhat more schizo version of Hammill's Joker. But other than that, great stuff. I actually like the redesign, mostly because it's the kind of thing where you almost have to redesign it somehow. Between the sock hat and the purple panties on the outside, it's a rough look to pull off.
    I got a Joker-lite vibe from the Goblin; the voice had alot to do with it now that you've mentioned it.
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."