Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

2. Dust (128 Points, 2 first place votes)

Dust is a mutant from Afghanistan. She was taken into captivity by slave traders who planned to sell her off as a mutant slave. When her capturers attempted to remove her headdress she lashed out at them, turning into her Dust form and stripping the flesh from their bodies. It was Fantomex who initially discovered her to rescue her. Wolverine had also been out to locate her, and assisted in killing the remainder of her would-be capturers and getting her to the safety of X-Corporation headquarters in Mumbai. While Wolverine was sleeping and allowing himself to heal she turned into her dust form, hiding all around the room. Jean Grey recognized telepathically that she was there and attempted to comfort her, but she would only say one thing: Turaab (meaning "Dust").
    While at the Xavier institute, she befriended and joined the Hellions. Instead of wearing a traditional X-Uniform, she decided to keep her traditional clothing, an abaya and a niqab.

She was placed in Xorn's and when he asked her to join his new group and she refused, he controlled her dust form and forced her to destroy Cerebra.

Ater the effects of M-Day, Dust was one of the few students who didn't lose their powers. The depowered students and staff were sent home; however their bus was bombed by anti-mutant religious zealot Reverend William Stryker. Subsequently, Emma Frost had the surviving students engage in an all-in brawl, with those deemed to be the best performers assigned to a new team of trainee X-Men. Dust was among those students who made the grade.

Sooraya became a target of William Stryker's crusade against the Xavier Institute. Icarus gave her a note, which X-23 told Sooraya not to trust. When Icarus visited the church of William Stryker he was shown why Dust was his next target. Nimrod had a vision of an altered future in his memory banks which showed Dust killing all the Purifiers by turning into a sand storm and ripping the flesh from their bones. After entering the church of Reverend Stryker, she was shown being shot down, though it was revealed to be X-23 dressed in one of her burquas. When Stryker's team infiltrated the school, Dust reappeared, surprising Stryker and playing a key role in defeating his Purifiers.

Dust helped fend off Belasco, which she does for a while with Mercury. While fighting Belasco, he states that her dust form is resistent to magic, as is her friend Mercury's mercury form.

Dust fought the Hulk with the other New X-Men in World War Hulk: X-Men. She was quickly taken out by the Hulk when he lifted a pipe from underground, spraying her with water.

During Messiah Complex, Dust stays behind, choosing not to take part in attacking the Purifiers without permission. She then helps in the final battle taking out Exodus, the leader of the Acolytes with help of Emma Frost

After the X-Men "disbanded", Dust returned to Afhganistan, and as seen in the first issue of the new series, Young X-Men, protects a small village from invading members of the Taliban. She is then recruited onto the new team along with old friends such as Rockslide by Cyclops.
    Last edited by Pach!; 04-25-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

1. Cannonball (163 Points, 7 first place votes)

Growing up in Kentucky, Sam was the oldest child in his house with ten siblings. When Sam was sixteen, his father died and he felt it was up to him to support the family. He did what his father did and started working as a coal miner. A former member of the evil Hellfire Club, Donald Pierce, tricked Sam into fighting against Professor X and his New Mutants. Seeing that Pierce was evil, Sam fought on the side of the New Mutants instead. Sam was then asked to join the team and return to New York to attend Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, a school for mutants.

Cable had journeyed back to the 20th century after he learned that Sam was potentially an exceptionally rare immortal mutant not unlike Apocalypse known as a High Lord External, and that he lived well into and possibly beyond the 23rd century. Not soon after, in a battle against the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants, Sam discovered he was an External, after having his blastfield diminished by Phantazia and being gutted by the lizard-man Sauron. He will never die, however, he can be killed as other Externals have in the past. After Cable left X-Force, Cannonball assumed the leadership role in the group, despite being the member with the least control and confidence in his powers.

After X-Force’s dissolution, Cannonball joined several of his former teammates and former members of X-Force and Generation X, in the Paris, France branch, of Professor X's international mutant task force X-Corporation. His time with the X-Corporation wasn't a pleasant one. En route to a mission, later found to involve the Weapon Plus program, his teammate Darkstar poked fun at him for eating a sandwich that would have rather distasteful consequences for "everybody who went out without an umbrella in downtown Beauvais." This moment of levity at Cannonball's expense did not last, as on that same mission, Darkstar died. At the funeral of Darkstar, Xavier gave Cannonball a note, with the whereabouts of Lila Cheney. Sam decided to take time away from the X-Corporation, as the strain of his life began to get to him. He worked for a time cleaning up damages to the France-England tunnel, AKA the Chunnel, which was partially destroyed in the very same mission which killed Darkstar.

Cannonball was then drafted into Rogue's team of X-Men with Iceman. Through the use of illusions, Sam fell in love with Serafina, though he eventually snapped free of the hypnosis. Later, Sam took her out when the X-Men battled the Children of the Vault.
    During the Marauders' attack on the X-Men, Cannonball was forced to flee with Iceman by Emma Frost. While flying in the Blackbird, the two were attacked by Sunfire, but he was quickly dispatch by Cannonball. After the X-Men "disbanded", Cannonball went back home to Kentucky, where he was picked up from the airport by Husk. As they drive through town, Husk updated him on everything that's been going on. Most recently, Cannonball has been revealed to be a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants which is now lead by his former New Mutants teammate, Sunspot.
    Last edited by Pach!; 04-25-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

I knew Sam would be 1st! He was almost #1 on my list but I voted for them as students more than X-Men and I really grew to like Sam when he was an X-Man.

4 of mine got in. Hellion, Anole, Magik and Cannonball. I'd love to see the overall votes.

0 Aero
    0 Celeste Cuckoo
    0 Dryad
    0 Dummy
    0 Fake Mondo
    0 Flubber
    0 Franklin Richards
    0 Hydro
    0 Ink
    0 Jeffrey Garrett
    0 Kidogo
    0 Mindee Cuckoo
    0 Network
    0 Phoebe Cuckoo
    0 Quill
    0 Radian
    0 Rainboy
    0 Rubbermaid
    0 Tag
    0 Tattoo
    1 Carter
    1 Copycat
    1 Feral
    1 Glob Herman
    1 Squid Boy
    1 Wither
    2 Gaia
    2 Wing
    3 Bevatron
    3 Onyxx
    3 Wallflower
    5 Preview
    6 Leech
    6 Redneck
    8 Trance
    7 Bird Brain
    7 D.J.
    7 Greymalkin
    7 Indra
    8 Empath
    8 Esme Cuckoo
    8 Gosamyr
    8 Icarus
    8 Quentin Quire
    8 Wolfcub
    9 Artie
    9 Bling!
    10 Beak
    10 Sophie Cuckoo
    11 Basilisk
    11 Bubblgum
    11 Match
    12 Shatterstar
    17 Specter
    18 Thunderbird
    21 Ernst
    21 Roulette
    22 Firestar
    23 Catseye
    26 Gentle
    26 Skin
    26 Surge
    26 Tarot
    27 Synch
    27 Wind Dancer
    29 Rusty Collins
    34 Loa
    32 No Girl
    34 Elixir
    35 Blindfold
    37 Angel
    39 Hollow
    50 Skids
    52 Husk
    46 Magma
    47 Jubiless
    47 Mercury
    47 Prodigy
    48 Boom Boom
    51 Chamber
    51 Rockslide
    51 Warlock
    52 Chamber
    54 Wolfsbane
    56 Sunspot
    56 Armor
    82 Kitty Pryde
    84 Pixie
    85 M
    86 Karma
    88 Cypher
    110 Anole
    110 Mirage
    111 Hellion
    116 X-23
    127 Magik
    128 Dust
    163 Cannonball
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
    the last 4 are

magik
    Cannonballz
    Chamber
    and Husk!

Wishes that Tattoo and Quentin Quire would be #1 and #2!
    i think Dust, Cannonball, Magik and Chamber (or Prodigy) are going to be in the last 4...

::: Jamie MadroX ::: Gertrude Yorkes ::: Emma Frost ::: Sooraya Qadir ::: Layla Miller ::: Xavin ::: Rogue :::
    ::: Kiden Nixon ::: Paras Gavaskar ::: Monet St. Croix ::: Joshua Foley ::: Warlock ::: Molly Hayes ::: Julian Keller :::
    ::: Ruth Aldine ::: Douglas Ramsey ::: Laura Kinney ::: Manuel De La Rocha ::: Telford Porter ::: David Haller ::: Amara Aquilla :::

* X-Factor * X-Force * X-Men Legacy * New Mutants *

lol late...

::: Jamie MadroX ::: Gertrude Yorkes ::: Emma Frost ::: Sooraya Qadir ::: Layla Miller ::: Xavin ::: Rogue :::
    ::: Kiden Nixon ::: Paras Gavaskar ::: Monet St. Croix ::: Joshua Foley ::: Warlock ::: Molly Hayes ::: Julian Keller :::
    ::: Ruth Aldine ::: Douglas Ramsey ::: Laura Kinney ::: Manuel De La Rocha ::: Telford Porter ::: David Haller ::: Amara Aquilla :::

* X-Factor * X-Force * X-Men Legacy * New Mutants *

Who on EARTH would pick Rockslide over Tabitha smith?

I'm glad Cannonballz Won it though. He's awesome.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

7 of my 10 made it on the list. Yippee!
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM|MISS AMERICA

Very interesting list! Thanks Andres!

Four of mine made the list: Anole, Hellion, Mirage, and Shadowcat. Chamber was soooo close though!

Anole, Karma and M made it from my list. I kind of meant to vote for Dani, then at the last minute figured she'd win or come second and didn't. REGRET.

That Rictor and Synch were left off is heinous.

That No-Girl almost got as many points as Elixir makes me very very happy.

EDIT: Actually, where IS Rictor???
    Last edited by MarvelGirlBoy; 04-25-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Wow. I'm really surprised Chamber did as poorly as he did. He got my first place vote, too.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Rictor has 51 points and 1 first place vote. I dunno what happened to him on that list.
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Andres Pacheco View Post
    Rictor has 51 points and 1 first place vote. I dunno what happened to him on that list.
    You wrote Chamber twice. So I assume the 51 one is meant to be Rictor

I'm surprised Dust was so high.

Here's my list just for fun:
    1. Prodigy
    2. Hellion
    3. Anole
    4. Cannonball
    5. Rockslide
    6. Elixir
    7. Match
    8. Surge
    9. Magik
    10.Chamber

I tried to vote for them as students more than their later roles so Cannonball, Chamber and a few who didn't make the list were a bit lower than they might have been.

I think you accidentially put Dust where Surge should have gone.