Default REFLECTIONS #240: Mark Waid

Mark Waid stops by REFLECTIONS to talk about his job as Editor-in-Chief of BOOM! Studios, what he looks for in comics pitches that come across his desk, and his work on “Brave and the Bold” and “The Flash.”

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16141

Funny he would use this phrase, "Creatively bankrupt," because I've felt Waid, of whom I was a big fan of, has displayed more than a few signs of this same illness.

Dude, PLEASE tell me you did not just join the board to bash on Mark...

Talking

Great column on one of my favorite writers!!
    Unfortunately I stopped reading Giffen's Hero-squared. I just couldn't afford it.

I have really been enjoying Brave and the Bold. It is one of my must-reads. There was something very different about the Superman-Ultraman team-up. It just seemed odd and out of place. Moreso than the other team-ups so far. I don't think Waid's - or for that matter any writer's - writing sucks. I think tastes change. That, and marketing campaigns. There are so many events going on right, it's enough to choke a horse. Brave and the Bold is my break from event comics.

I'm looking forward to the Batman-Jay Garrick team-up. I've always thought that in his early career, Bruce Wayne would have run across many of the JSA members - one way or another. Alan Scott was the defender of Gotham before Bruce became Batman. Why wouldn't he? Wouldn't he have run across a young Dinah Lance, the original Black Canary's daughter. Of course that would have been before the dreaded, evil, sinister Multerverse reared it's ugly head again not too long ago...