Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by WorstThingUS View Post
    What part of "she's still physically perfect" did you not understand to think I wouldn't want her to be attractive? Why is she not attractive unless she's flashing skin to you?

I'm just tired of the nonstop sexualization of female superheroes and the passionate defense of said boobs pretty much proves to me that none of you would be there for PG if she weren't big boobed and flashing skin. This is probably why Batgirl died and Manhunter struggles to survive. Very few titles are written as well as Manhunter but she's not running around in a thong with boobs bigger than her head. It reminds me that the creator of Forerunner said he had to fight for her not to be drawn sexualized.

Tell me something, do you block when you see a woman in swimsuit?
    Are you unable to accept a woman if she´s dressed in a sexualy alluring way?
    The fact that she has her legs showing and a hole in her chest revolts you?

Chest hole aside, these girls aer showing MORE skin than Powergirl.
    Do you find them desgusting?

What she´s wearing is of no consequence, one of my top FIVE favorite DC comics ever (as in 20+ years of comicbook reading) was Chase - which starred an unatractive, obnoxious cape-hating chainsmoking cow -

Default Palmiotti & Conner Bust Out On POWER GIRL

DC Comics' fan-favorite heroine Power Girl finally gets her own solo title, and CBR News spoke with co-writer Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Amanda Conner about the long-awaited new monthly.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16170

Something tells me that the Amazing Spider-girl series has finally got some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Tell me something, do you block when you see a woman in swimsuit?
    No, but if she's a cop and the male cop with her is in his full uniform I'm gonna have a problem and more than a few questions.

Are you unable to accept a woman if she´s dressed in a sexualy alluring way?
    The fact that she has her legs showing and a hole in her chest revolts you?
    I love how you ignore everything I ask you about why she has to be baring flesh. We are not talking about the real world. We are talking about why the female counterpart to Superman has to have breasts bigger than her head and a hole in her costume revealing them? Why is it is so difficult for you to keep it in context?

Chest hole aside, these girls aer showing MORE skin than Powergirl.
    Do you find them desgusting?
    This is a sport where young girls are encouraged to have eating disorders. Not the healthiest example in the world. Try again. Or better yet pick up "Chalked Up: Inside Elite Gymnastics' Merciless Coaching, Overzealous Parents, Eating Disorders and Elusive Olympic Dreams" by Jennifer Sey who won the US National Title in 1986. In her book she also questions why men who were never gymnasts themselves want to work with little girls. You would have been better off using Olympic swimmers.

What she´s wearing is of no consequence, one of my top FIVE favorite DC comics ever (as in 20+ years of comicbook reading) was Chase - which starred an unatractive, obnoxious cape-hating chainsmoking cow -
    Hold on, I'll get you your medal...

I was hoping we were done with this, but just why does she have to be sexually appealing for you like her? Would she be less interesting with smaller breasts and covered up? She's still physically perfect in a skintight costume. Why does she need gigantic breasts, bare legs and a hole in her shirt for you to be a fan?
    That's hardly why I'm a fan of hers. I'm a fan of the character for her personality as much as anything. My point is her being sexually attractive doesn't mean she isn't still a good character. To use your reasoning, why does she have to not have large breasts, bare legs and a hole in her shirt for you to be a fan?
    Monthly: All-Star Superman, The End League, The Twelve, Project Superpowers,... awaiting Trinity, Legion of Three Worlds, and Power Girl
    Trades: Green Lantern, Invincible, Justice Society of America, Jack Staff, Superman... many others
    Digests: Marvel Adventures The Avengers

Jerry: You can't cast aspersions on someone just because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape! And I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and let you say something bad about him.
    - Seinfeld (1990 - 1998)

Gone

No, but if she's a cop and the male cop with her is in his full uniform I'm gonna have a problem and more than a few questions.
    What does that has to do with anything?
    Powergirl is not a cop.
    She´s a superheroine wearing a silly costume in a medium where everyone wears silly costumes.
    Unless you live in a world where grown men wear their panties on the outside, of course....

I love how you ignore everything I ask you about why she has to be baring flesh. We are not talking about the real world. We are talking about why the female counterpart to Superman has to have breasts bigger than her head and a hole in her costume revealing them? Why is it is so difficult for you to keep it in context?
    The "breasts bigger than her head" remark only accentuates the very distinc possibility that you have issues with attractive women.
    Powergirl does NOT have breasts bigger than her head (unless you´ve only been exposed to bad fanart).
    Powergirl has been depicted wearing the same outfit since she was created, DECADES ago, give or take a JLE mishap.
    I do think you should pause and ponder about what´s really behind your inability to enjoy a book if the lead character has her legs showing.

This is a sport where young girls are encouraged to have eating disorders. Not the healthiest example in the world. Try again. Or better yet pick up "Chalked Up: Inside Elite Gymnastics' Merciless Coaching, Overzealous Parents, Eating Disorders and Elusive Olympic Dreams" by Jennifer Sey who won the US National Title in 1986. In her book she also questions why men who were never gymnasts themselves want to work with little girls.
    Youi appear to have done some extensive research on the subject.
    You don´t have to explain why.
    Actualy, I prefer if you didn´t.

You would have been better off using Olympic swimmers.
    I wasn´t sure your stomach would have been able to withstand the sight.
    WAY too much exposed skin, I hear some swimmers actualy show their >gasp< arms!

Hold on, I'll get you your medal...
    Well, you´re the one who insinuated that we only enjoy female lead comics if they´re cheesecakey
    No medal required, but an apology would be a nice gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekPrime View Post
    That's hardly why I'm a fan of hers. I'm a fan of the character for her personality as much as anything. My point is her being sexually attractive doesn't mean she isn't still a good character. To use your reasoning, why does she have to not have large breasts, bare legs and a hole in her shirt for you to be a fan?
    Because it's pandering to the lowest common denominator, that's why. I think the character deserves better. As I said before, she's physically perfect in a skintight costume, just who do they think this extra cheesecake keeps in, because it's pushing me out and if you show this constant stream of half-naked heroines in high heels to anyone outside of comics it totally validates their view of us as a bunch of dateless losers living in mom's basement.

Because it's pandering to the lowest common denominator, that's why. I think the character deserves better. As I said before, she's physically perfect in a skintight costume, just who do they think this extra cheesecake keeps in, because it's pushing me out and if you show this constant stream of half-naked heroines in high heels to anyone outside of comics it totally validates their view of us as a bunch of dateless losers living in mom's basement.
    It's the same costume and look she had when she debuted in the 70s. It's nothing new (yes, I know that's not an excuse for keeping it). There are male heroes out there wearing less. Male heroes are sexualized too, with the skin tight costumes and unrealistically over developed bodies and physiques.

My saying I want a fun, sexy, sassy, action packed comic in a Power Girl series in no way means I want a 1 dimensional cheese fest of sexism.

But my god... this is only my second day on the forum, I am REALLY not looking to make any enemies here.
    Monthly: All-Star Superman, The End League, The Twelve, Project Superpowers,... awaiting Trinity, Legion of Three Worlds, and Power Girl
    Trades: Green Lantern, Invincible, Justice Society of America, Jack Staff, Superman... many others

Jerry: You can't cast aspersions on someone just because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape! And I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and let you say something bad about him.
    - Seinfeld (1990 - 1998)

But my god... this is only my second day on the forum, I am REALLY not looking to make any enemies here.
    Don't worry, it will all be part of my diabolical master plan.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

What does that has to do with anything?
    Powergirl is not a cop.
    She´s a superheroine wearing a silly costume in a medium where everyone wears silly costumes.
    Unless you live in a world where grown men wear their panties on the outside, of course....
    So you do understand we're not talking about the real world, which means your questions about how I react to women were ridiculous and meant to be insulting.

The "breasts bigger than her head" remark only accentuates the very distinc possibility that you have issues with attractive women.
    Powergirl does NOT have breasts bigger than her head (unless you´ve only been exposed to bad fanart).
    Powergirl has been depicted wearing the same outfit since she was created, DECADES ago, give or take a JLE mishap.
    I do think you should pause and ponder about what´s really behind your inability to enjoy a book if the lead character has her legs showing.
    She is NOT wearing the same outfit since she was created decades ago. What hinders my ability to enjoy a book is a character complaining about male ogling with a giant whole in costume. Her character is in conflict with her costume, period. Not to mention, under Geoff Johns that whole is supposed to be there to represent her disappointment in not being Superman's cousin. Well she is now, so there should be a big red "S" there right now.

Youi appear to have done some extensive research on the subject.
    You don´t have to explain why.
    Actualy, I prefer if you didn´t.
    I know about a book that makes your use of that picture and your attempts to provoke ridiculous. Deal with it.

I wasn´t sure your stomach would have been able to withstand the sight.
    WAY too much exposed skin, I hear some swimmers actualy show their >gasp< arms!
    Female olympic swimmers wear one pieces. It's the men who are almost naked. But I'm sure you find this picture of Gold Medalist, Amanda Beard hideous due to her small breasts and covered body.

Well, you´re the one who insinuated that we only enjoy female lead comics if they´re cheesecakey
    No medal required, but an apology would be a nice gesture.
    Soon as I get yours considering you started it by taking my exception to the way female superheroes are constantly depicted as sex objects as indication of some sort of dysfunction in my real life because obvious no normal man would turn down an opportunity to ogle large-breasted half-naked women in his comics. You began immediately with your insulting questions due to the utter weakness of your position. Regulating the discussion to comics and comics alone would have revealed this.

It's the same costume and look she had when she debuted in the 70s. It's nothing new (yes, I know that's not an excuse for keeping it). There are male heroes out there wearing less. Male heroes are sexualized too, with the skin tight costumes and unrealistically over developed bodies and physiques.

My saying I want a fun, sexy, sassy, action packed comic in a Power Girl series in no way means I want a 1 dimensional cheese fest of sexism.

If you note I did say "I hoped we were done with this." We were actually in a discussion about the potential success or failure of the book based on her character and character alone until the person with pictures of underage gymnasts derailed it.

I was kind of hoping this would be set on Earth-2, now that she's finally going to be going back there soon. Still, it looks interesting.

I'll say it again: this is Kara Zor-L. Why isn't under the Superman thread? The Huntress is under Batman.

If you note I did say "I hoped we were done with this." We were actually in a discussion about the potential success or failure of the book based on her character and character alone until the person with pictures of underage gymnasts derailed it.
    That picture (which is a separate conversation I haven't participated in) came after you appeared to be insinuating things about me based on my innocuously saying "I don't understand why a smart, confident, capable woman can't be sassy, sexy and hot too." I had previously commented that I thought her personality was strong and distinct enough to carry a solo series and that's why I'm looking forward to the series. Like I said, I wasn't looking for any fights here.

- Seinfeld (1990 - 1998)

I'm really looking forward to this series. Love me some PG.
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages