Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default ALL STAR GRANT MORRISON II: Batman

In the second part of a weeklong series, superstar writer Grant Morrison discusses with CBR Bruce Wayne’s last stand in “Batman R.I.P.” and handicaps three of his possible replacements: Nightwing, Robin and Damian.

http://comicbookresources.com:8080/?...ticle&id=16024

Well I must say if Morrison does success in killing off Batman's alter-ego, then I must say what a waste of a run.

At least Brubaker's run on Cap. America makes sense and that Dini stories are done-in a few issues and they aren't like this mess which shows arc after arc and has make little sense.

I think I speak for a little fans that I'm okay with whoever is the next Batman as long as it's not Jason Todd.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Well I must say if Morrison does success in killing off Batman's alter-ego, then I must say what a waste of a run.

At least Brubaker's run on Cap. America makes sense and that Dini stories are done-in a few issues and they aren't like this mess which shows arc after arc and has make little sense.
    Dini's competent but nowhere near Morrison's class as a comic scribe.

Quote Originally Posted by 40footwolf View Post
    I think I speak for a little fans that I'm okay with whoever is the next Batman as long as it's not Jason Todd.
    He didn' mention Jason Todd did he...

He mentioned all the other possible heirs except for the "longshot" ...

Morrison is dooming Batman, Robin, the whole DC Universe. :( I feel bad for tim drake because it won't work with him as batman even if it's not perminate. He has had a great run as robin and nowhere near ready for anything like batman. To have Morrison do this kinda run dooms him to Bart Allen as Flash kinda failure. By the way Dini is a trillion times better writer then Morrison. I rather read 20 dini dective then one Morrison Batman
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 04-16-2008 at 07:58 PM.

BANNED

not robin.....he's like what 17-18 too young. not damian..way to young. it could be nightwing but i doubt it. My guess its still Bruce Wayne, Morrison could be throwing us off the track or something.

I like how Morrison is thinking about this story. He's not actually killing off the character because he doesn't want to end that character's story. So while Bruce Wayne won't be Batman (for however long), the character will still be around to continue the story. It's a twist to what Brubaker has been doing with Captain America. It will be interesting to see how this story turns out.

I see this whole batman R.I.P as a different take of Knightfall and breaking the bat. Instead of physically breaking him, He seems that morrison will mentally break him. And Once batman comes back to the mantle, it will be interesting to see how he has changed. I totally trust what morrison is going with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    By the way Dini is a trillion times better writer then Morrison. I rather read 20 dini dective then one Morrison Batman
    Guess you'll be passing up Final Crisis and just enjoying rereading your issues of Countdown then.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Morrison is dooming Batman, Robin, the whole DC Universe.
    Well, aren't you a little ray of sunshine...

I feel bad for tim drake because it won't work with him as batman even if it's not perminate.
    Morison didn't say he'd be getting the Mantle.

By the way Dini is a trillion times better writer then Morrison. I rather read 20 dini dective then one Morrison Batman
    Dini does small character moments really well (like the bit with Bruca and Zatanna flirting), but he is atrocious at plotting (see almost every issue of his Detective, and Countdown).
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

i have no interest in the whole passing the mantle on thing that dc seem so set on these days. honestly, if bruce wayne stops being batman, then, as far as i'm concerned, it isn't batman. i know there's going to be a lot of people who are probably going to call me a boring old traditionalist, or whatever, but i just don't care for a batman that isn't bruce wayne.

crap. there goes another title off me pull list.

I think Bruce will still be Batman. But if there is a replacement, I want it to be Dick Grayson.

Confused by custom titles

Maybe it's a Skrull replacing Bruce Wayne

I think we should all wait and see what happens in the actual comics before we go out on the streets and start burning Morrison's effigies.

If an eight-year old Damian became the new Batman, it would be good only if he was wearing his father's clothes.