Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Van Sciver talks Justice League of America, Darkest Night

Artist Ethan Van Sciver talks about his work on this months “Justice League Of America” #20, next summer's highly awaited “Green Lantern: The Blackest Night” and his desire to fix Plastic Man.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=16001

On a throne atop a mountain of lesser men.

Ethan, what a schmuck!

Wonder Woman, eh? That'd be pretty sweet, maybe for a few issues. And I'd love to see him replace Benes on Justice League of America one day. Draws some mighty fine superheroes. But I don't like his idea for Plastic Man, and I hate that it's already kind of wormed its way into Countdown to Mystery.
    Go !@#$ yourself.

I find it funny that the article picked the wrong Red Lantern and labeled him Atrocitus.
    "In my world, heroes bugger each other senseless. Not all of them, but more than you'd think, and probably not who you're thinking. " - Joss Whedon

"You know how many European public figures of the last hundred years have only had one ball? Mark Millar and Hitler. " - Warren Ellis

"She needs to look good to mask the fact that she is a Gold Medalist in the Special Olympics. Beauty fades, being 6 types of retarded is forever." - Boofish Fontaine

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Interesting to hear that working on New X-Men with Morrison was such a bad experience for both of them (issues with mgmt, im sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    Interesting to hear that working on New X-Men with Morrison was such a bad experience for both of them (issues with mgmt, im sure).
    IIRC he was very late with a lot of stuff and was eventually removed from the book. Because to Ethan's delays, we had to endure Igor Kordey rushing through a lot of fill-in art- and in the opinion of many, ruining the book.

But although it may take 2.5 months for him to do an issue, dammit...........his work always looks BEAUTIFUL.

Default Ethan Van Sciver and Aquaman

Within the last six months, both Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver have spoken openly about their love for and desire to work with Aquaman. I find it a little difficult to believe that this is just a coincidence, given the level of collaboration that has taken place between these two in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if an Aquaman announcement was forthcoming from DC Comics, featuring yet another Johns/Van Sciver team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Because to Ethan's delays, we had to endure Igor Kordey rushing through a lot of fill-in art- and in the opinion of many, ruining the book.
    It's why I dropped it. Plus I had no money but that was a big incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by chawhi View Post
    Within the last six months, both Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver have spoken openly about their love for and desire to work with Aquaman. I find it a little difficult to believe that this is just a coincidence, given the level of collaboration that has taken place between these two in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if an Aquaman announcement was forthcoming from DC Comics, featuring yet another Johns/Van Sciver team up.
    This would be most welcome. It would be nice for DC to get Aquaman back on track. If they restart with this creative team, I'll jump on board and give it a go.

I met Ethan at a Con here in Knoxville. He struck me as a super nice guy. I'd love to see him team up with Simone.

On a throne atop a mountain of lesser men.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozwald73
    This would be most welcome. It would be nice for DC to get Aquaman back on track. If they restart with this creative team, I'll jump on board and give it a go.

Aquaman
    by Johns and Ethan? I guess when a title's failing miserably, the best thing you could do is put these guys on it and watch it explode. They should do it for The Flash first, though.
    Go !@#$ yourself.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Zodiac View Post
    They should do it for The Flash first, though.
    I concur, Flash needs shot in the arm and quick!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

I really like and admire Ethan's 'old school' approach .

He makes the effort to add textures and create depth, rather than doing coloring book outlines like most artists today.

I love Van Sciver's art. Back in New X-Men I kept saying he was doing all the best art on the comic, while everyone else was going crazy over Quitely.

But I can't stand people with Savior complexes! I hate it when someone comes online saying he has this and solution to 'fix' a character. And the solution happens to be revamping the character the same way every character has been revamped in the past 25 years. Some characters sold a lot decades ago; they no longer do; not even SuperMan and Spider-Man sell any good nowadays. Just accept that, Ethan.

Quote Originally Posted by chawhi View Post

We may have found the one project both of them could be attached to that I wouldn't be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    I love Van Sciver's art. Back in New X-Men I kept saying he was doing all the best art on the comic, while everyone else was going crazy over Quitely.

But I can't stand people with Savior complexes! I hate it when someone comes online saying he has this and solution to 'fix' a character. And the solution happens to be revamping the character the same way every character has been revamped in the past 25 years. Some characters sold a lot decades ago; they no longer do; not even SuperMan and Spider-Man sell any good nowadays. Just accept that, Ethan.
    Spider-man sells far more than Superman but to compare it to the old days, comics in general are down. but Spidey is still one of the biggest sellers.