Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z

.....she gets her god like powers from my side of the family

........if they want a guy with art house cred and box office cred they shoulda gone with Paul Greengrass - The Bourne Ultimatum / Supremacy , United 93 , Bloody Sunday - heck he was even gona do the Watchmen for a wile

Quote Originally Posted by ultramandingo View Post
    ........if they want a guy with art house cred and box office cred they shoulda gone with Paul Greengrass - The Bourne Ultimatum / Supremacy , United 93 , Bloody Sunday - heck he was even gona do the Watchmen for a wile
    thats what everybody said in the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

concept art for the battle of yonkers

oh and apparently the movie is setting up a production office already....but i take that with a grain of salt.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

I heard a while back that J. Michael Straczynski was attached to write the script. That still happening?

I for one am really excited about this, assuming they don't mess it up horribly like Hollywood is known to do. But, Max Brooks seems like the kind of guy to want to stay heavily involved so they get it write. And JMS is a good writer, and he'll know the source material backwards and forwards before even starting to write the script. So, I have faith that it'll be a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStarIV View Post
    I heard a while back that J. Michael Straczynski was attached to write the script. That still happening?

I for one am really excited about this, assuming they don't mess it up horribly like Hollywood is known to do. But, Max Brooks seems like the kind of guy to want to stay heavily involved so they get it write. And JMS is a good writer, and he'll know the source material backwards and forwards before even starting to write the script. So, I have faith that it'll be a good movie.
    that concept art is amazing. I do hope this happens and Straczynski stays faithful to the book.
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

Default Yeah

If they get this right, it could be the greatest film ever made. Best f luck to the production team

I was actually hoping HBO would do this as a 10 to 12 part maxi-series pseudo-documentary with flashbacks. Certain story lines - such as the one about the woman soldier being led by the "voice" need to be fleshed out for the impact to pay off...

the film started shooting a few weeks ago but....ugh...you don't wanna know what they're doing/did to it lol
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I was actually hoping HBO would do this as a 10 to 12 part maxi-series pseudo-documentary with flashbacks. Certain story lines - such as the one about the woman soldier being led by the "voice" need to be fleshed out for the impact to pay off...
    QFT

the book is made for a TV series format. The series is about the narrartor going across the world chronicling stories from people who survived the outbreak.

Honesty i want to see a pseudo PSA/how to guide filmed around the zombie survival guide.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    the film started shooting a few weeks ago but....ugh...you don't wanna know what they're doing/did to it lol
    Is it based on the script that was floating around a few years ago by J. Michael? Because that was awful. I didn't even bother finishing it.

now I'm intrigued...where can we find it?
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

It starts filming in Glasgow in a few weeks, and it's been filming in Malta too I believe. I know someone working as an extra and they've spent weeks being prepared for it, and the script is locked up for nobody to see so what exactly have they supposed to have done to it?

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    It starts filming in Glasgow in a few weeks, and it's been filming in Malta too I believe. I know someone working as an extra and they've spent weeks being prepared for it, and the script is locked up for nobody to see so what exactly have they supposed to have done to it?
    Well that sucks.. If they make remarkably horrible changes... They might as awell name it. The movie that shoulda been WWZ, but we decided to do our own thing to it.
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    what exactly have they supposed to have done to it?
    EVERYTHING... they re-written JMS's scripts (i personally liked his draft), the zombies are now runners, and are closer to the infected from 28 days later. it's possible they could change this but who knows. plus the movie is waaaay over budget and rumor has it brad is unhappy. but it gets worse, it's going to film more re-shoots and going through yet ANOTHER rewrite from the guy that wrote Prometheus.

EVERYTHING... they re-written JMS's scripts (i personally liked his draft), the zombies are now runners, and are closer to the infected from 28 days later. it's possible they could change this but who knows. plus the movie is waaaay over budget and rumor has it brad is unhappy. but it gets worse, it's going to film more re-shoots and going through yet ANOTHER rewrite from the guy that wrote Prometheus.
    After how they fucked up Lost after the first season, and after Cowboys & Aliens, I'm kind of surprised Damon Lindelof still gets work on these kinds of things.