Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z

I wonder how they're going to promote it...

The Yanks say "Zee" but the rest of the English speakers say "Zed".
    I hate anime. Yes, even that one.

Default I love this book

A great book. Really enjoyed the whole thing about it. You really bought into all the situations described in the various interviews. I keep meaning to get hold of the audio book as that is meant to have some big names on it.

Once I finished the book I started wondering what I would do to protect my family if this ever happened for real. It is that good that you totally buy into it.

My question is what part of the book do you want to make sure is kept in the film. I want the part where the astronauts look down from the space station as the vast herds of the undead walk across the globe. I think that will be an incredible image. Also would it be a herd of the undead? Herd just seems too mundane!

http://www.liveforfilms.com

horde of undead?
    I hate anime. Yes, even that one.

keeper of the dark darkkeeperjr's Avatar

Just finished the book Tuesday. Any chapter could be a jump off point for a movie. He needs to make another book right away.
    Making the world a brighter place,One house fire at a time.

I'd say start off in China.. then you can add what you want from there.

I think my favorite parts are.

The Blind man...

The Battle of Yonkers..

The "dog soldiers"

The submarine

The deep sea divers who have to clean up the oceans.. That shit would be EERIE!!
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

the underwater stuff would be amazingly spooky and unlike any other zombie movie before it (apart from one I saw years ago where a zombie fights a shark...can't remember what it was called though)

Live For Films - For All Your Movie News and Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Live for Films View Post
    the underwater stuff would be amazingly spooky and unlike any other zombie movie before it (apart from one I saw years ago where a zombie fights a shark...can't remember what it was called though)

Live For Films - For All Your Movie News and Reviews
    You are going to kick youself for this but the film is call Zombie. No really it's Zombie 2, it came out in 1979. As for what I really want to see

The celebrity house.... will they play it for humor, satire, or horror.

The pilot down in the swamp.... I just don't know how they can make that work.

Blind samurai.... really looking foward to that one, because I think that was made for film.

Off Topic, I just watched the Ruins which was my third favorite recent horror story (World War Z, Simmons Terror) and they need an awesome job with that adaptation.

2007 Mutant League Champion

Zombie!!! Of course that was the name of it! How on Earth did I forget that. LOL!

Cheers for that.

The blind samurai will be aces

I can't believe their making a movie out of this book - I hated it!!

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Talking World War Z

OK so far i heard they have FINALLY found a director for this film (the James bond director). so now hopefully this thing can finally get into production. for those that don't know World War Z is a book written by Max Brooks. it is a pseudo re account about a fictional zombie war that humans managed to survive because they fought back and took back the planet. stories from the book is told entirely in flashback, with each chapter representing an interview given by survivors to the main character. the accounts also describe how the global pandemic shifted religious, political and environmental views and left the planet decimated. think of it as Night Of The Living Dead meets Children of Men. you could also say there is shades of the after effect of hurricane katrina thrown in. that may seem pretentious but if you read the book you'll get the refrence. so any speculation on actors, shit like that?

personally i think Brad Pitt will take a more hands on role and play the "interviewer". i would like for Mark Hamil to reprise his role as Tom. because he was fantastic in the audio book. likewise with Henry Rollins.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Protected by the guage Comic_Mobsta's Avatar

As long as they adapt the juicy parts while keeping Jessika Hendricks story i'll be satisfied.
    i'm sorry, Hannibal lecter doesn't scare me. i can easily blow his fucking brains out with my custom magnum 500 (damn i love that gun).and masturbate over his corpse too...Tish-the-Scorpion

Great book, kudos to Mel Brook's kid. Good job!
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

.....she gets her god like powers from my side of the family

....... Marc - Quantum of Solace - Forster is directing - i hope thats a typo

Born under a wandrin Star Tobias March's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultramandingo View Post
    ....... Marc - Quantum of Solace - Forster is directing - i hope thats a typo
    Really? He's doing a lot of different movies isn't he. Bond. Neverland. Zombie satire.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Man View Post
    I wonder how they're going to promote it...

The Yanks say "Zee" but the rest of the English speakers say "Zed".
    I love this comment. As a yank, I just found out about this phenomenon months ago. Zed..........