Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Slow zombies make more sense to me, not to mention more realistic (for, you know, zombies). They are basically walking corpses. Corpses grow stiff, so moving would be hard, just a shuffling gait at best. It makes for better drama, because the protagonists can have realistic breathers while still being overwhelmed by this unrelenting force of nature.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    Slow zombies make more sense to me, not to mention more realistic (for, you know, zombies). They are basically walking corpses. Corpses grow stiff, so moving would be hard, just a shuffling gait at best. It makes for better drama, because the protagonists can have realistic breathers while still being overwhelmed by this unrelenting force of nature.
    Yeah, corpses grow stiff, but then they stop being stiff after a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    p

It's just because it changes the traditions. Im use to zombies being slow, i like my zombies slow, a person if they aren't stupid should be able to walk down the street past a bunch of zombies. It has lead to much humor over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    it's kind of like, if one day you woke up and they were putting out vampire movies where vampires could go out in the daylight... oh wait.
    Remember Romero's first Zombie was a runner.
    /I prefer slow Zombies too. But there is a place in my heart for the runners. The DOTD remake is one of the better zombie films I've ever seen.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

again my concern was the story, not the facts the zombies run like poor people to a food stamp office.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Protected by the guage Comic_Mobsta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    again my concern was the story, not the facts the zombies run like poor people to a food stamp office.
    But here's the problem. With running zombies the book's story (and not just the narrative) wouldn't work. The way it was written was dependent on the zombies to be slow. Without giving too much away, if they try to keep the book's story of short sightedness by society/corporations/governments it wouldn't work. Because there wouldn't be enough TIME to have shortsightedness with these type of cartoonish over the top zombies. Which is why i believe that angle isn't even in the film.
    i'm sorry, Hannibal lecter doesn't scare me. i can easily blow his fucking brains out with my custom magnum 500 (damn i love that gun).and masturbate over his corpse too...Tish-the-Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Mobsta View Post
    But here's the problem. With running zombies the book's story (and not just the narrative) wouldn't work. The way it was written was dependent on the zombies to be slow. Without giving too much away, if they try to keep the book's story of short sightedness by society/corporations/governments it wouldn't work. Because there wouldn't be enough TIME to have shortsightedness with these type of cartoonish over the top zombies. Which is why i believe that angle isn't even in the film.
    And that is why all the changes is causing such a huge amount of frustration amongst fans of the book. This looks like a pure action movie, and that is exactly what the book IS NOT. The book is about the social and geo-political effects a zombie worldwide invasion would have on various places on the planet. Is there some action? Only in a few stories, but the majority of the interviews aren't about that. By gutting the story and interviews aspect of the book, they've changed the very nature of it and it is obviously World War Z in name alone. The only positive I can hope to come out of this is that the movie prompts people to go out and read the book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    We don't even know if the story has been dumbed down yet we saw a 2 and a half minute trailer that was mostly action scenes and not anywhere near enough to know if the story has been dumbed down or not yet. It may not be the tried and true world war z adaptation we all hoped for but we still don't know how it will be until we see the final product. It showed so far some cool visuals and one cheesy family moment as well as hinting at some mission from the military for brad pitt. Its peeked my interests and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    It had Brad Pitt in it.

Trust me, the movie world won't go to 'hell' like the book world did because, yeah, Brad Pitt is the one man that will save the world.

I would like the movie more if brad pitt literaly saves the world, as in, brad pitt by himself kills eveyr single zombie and then cures cancer, and they called it "Brat Pitt saves the world from zombies and cancer."

well here's what we know....

the original script was at least 60 to 70% faithful to the source material. but somewhere between principle photography and pre production they changed the script at least TWICE. After post production it went through ANOTHER rewrite at least once. at first i thought the change was because of production issues. i'm thinking the studio wanted changes from the beginning after reading JMS's script, and discovering the budget would be too high. and keep in mind, foster didn't even have any idea on what the zombies should even look like. so i partially blame him for directly, or likely indirectly giving us the zombie tsunami.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

BANNED

Sticking to the book is overrated anyway. Blade Runner anyone?
    Not that this is that, but ya know, it could be alright despite deviation.

Elder Member

Agreed

http://www.cracked.com/article_19156...ys-better.html

I think fast zombies are a requirement with a scope this big. If for no other reason than a tank brigade could clear out New York in a week. But a tsunami of zombies? Holy crap...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I think fast zombies are a requirement with a scope this big. If for no other reason than a tank brigade could clear out New York in a week. But a tsunami of zombies? Holy crap...
    i don't think there is a requirement for a type of zombie regarding the scope. the book did fine illustrating how things went to shit on a large scale. and how humans pulled from the brink to eke out a victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon6 View Post
    i don't think there is a requirement for a type of zombie regarding the scope. the book did fine illustrating how things went to shit on a large scale. and how humans pulled from the brink to eke out a victory.
    Yeah, but that was a book. This is a live action movie with a world wide scope, which changes the dynamic by simply being visual. And one of those visuals would be wondering why someone doesn't just take a dump truck and start mowing zombies down.

we'll never know when the movie went off the rails (like everybody else i do believe it happened AFTER plan b sold the rights to paramount and they saw what it really was) or why ..... until it failed or under perform then the finger pointing will start. people just love spilling the beans after shit goes wrong. lol then we'll know what happened.
    Last edited by Tish-the-Scorpion; 12-27-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but that was a book. This is a live action movie with a world wide scope, which changes the dynamic by simply being visual. And one of those visuals would be wondering why someone doesn't just take a dump truck and start mowing zombies down.
    what? i really don't understand why that would be a issue