Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z

i knew that this is what the movie was gonna look like when we saw that leaked footage on youtube back in 2010. they basically jettisoned the whole concept of the book for a generic action movie with pseudo zombies. but paramount had no choice but to play it safe after they botched the films as early as pre-production.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon6 View Post
    i knew that this is what the movie was gonna look like when we saw that leaked footage on youtube back in 2010. they basically jettisoned the whole concept of the book for a generic action movie with pseudo zombies. but paramount had no choice but to play it safe after they botched the films as early as pre-production.
    Agreed. This should have ALWAYS been pitched to a Cable Station, maybe HBO or something. This story deserves to be seen and told in the most accurate way possible!
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

The title is throwing me off, because clearly it resembles the book very little.

Still, it could be a good movie. Brad Pitt is awesome, and a big-budget zombie movie is virtually unheard of. They have an opportunity to make something really epic here.

I'm guessing we would all be more excited if it was called something other than "World War Z."
    Picture Maker // website // tumblr

Did I really just see a tidal wave/avalanche of zombies? What little I heard about the production before had me thinking this could go very, very bad. Holy sh*t this is going to be one of the worst book to movie adaptions ever of any genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tar22 View Post
    a big-budget zombie movie is virtually unheard of. They have an opportunity to make something really epic here.
    that's the only saving grace apparently, it had potential to be epic beforehand as well though. but yeah that's the only good thing people can point out "yeah it's not like the book but look at the scale!! etc etc..."
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slothdookie View Post
    Did I really just see a tidal wave/avalanche of zombies? What little I heard about the production before had me thinking this could go very, very bad. Holy sh*t this is going to be one of the worst book to movie adaptions ever of any genre.
    nah i think the running man, the lawnmower man, wanted, resident evil and LXG are worse. i actually liked LXG though.

But yeah the zombie tsunami was.... just wrong. now the book had mega swarms, but they were just huge endless waves of zombie hordes coming out of the highly infected north east i believe. i think i would have accepted the running zombies if they had at least kept the engrossing story.
    Last edited by Tish-the-Scorpion; 11-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

It's just...no, this seems fundamentally wrong. Sure, it can have its merits, but if it has zombies in it, it's a zombie movie. If you mess up the zombies, then you've pretty much lost the rest of the movies.

I've heard that the original script, which was called "ground-breaking", was amazing, but it's been redone at least twice. Who knows what a mess this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's just...no, this seems fundamentally wrong. Sure, it can have its merits, but if it has zombies in it, it's a zombie movie. If you mess up the zombies, then you've pretty much lost the rest of the movies.

I've heard that the original script, which was called "ground-breaking", was amazing, but it's been redone at least twice. Who knows what a mess this is?
    the script went through waaaay more than 2 rewrites.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

The script apparently went through at least one overhaul when they were filming in Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    nah i think the running man, the lawnmower man, wanted, resident evil and LXG are worse. i actually liked LXG though.

But yeah the zombie tsunami was.... just wrong. now the book had mega swarms, but they were just huge endless waves of zombie hordes coming out of the highly infected north east i believe. i think i would have accepted the running zombies if they had at least kept the engrossing story.
    wasn't there something like that in the book during the scenes in India??

I may be mistaken
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post

Today, you have made an enemy!
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    wasn't there something like that in the book during the scenes in India??

I may be mistaken
    there were a large group of zombies at the shipyard yes, but they weren't a mega swarm. in the book there were waves of zombies though in large waves coming out of the densely populated northeast. those were the mega swarms, but they didn't move like water though lol
    LMAO!

Movie might be good, trailer indicates it's a shit adaptation.

yeah the book did have "mega swarms". in fact the swarms were so massive that astronauts could see them from space using the space stations telescope Brrr..... but as it was already said they didn't flow like water around corners. they were just a continuous wave of shambling walking death.

BANNED

yeah, the zombies or whatever they are really didn't do it for me at all.