Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z

A friend on mine worked on this as a PA. She had such a shit time, that she decided to quit working in the film industry and train to be a nurse instead.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon6 View Post
    interestingly enough according to shock till you drop what they have on film barely amounts to 51 minutes of footage. what the hell happened to the other half of the movie. what were they doing during initial filming?
    That's not good, but remember, the book is mostly a pastiche of third-person reporting and documentaries.

They could flesh out double what they have filmed just by going to face to face commentary, with the action sequences as backdrop, flashback with voice-over, whatever. And that would match the book better than a straight-up zombie flick.

Not that it would make for a better film, just that it would be more tonally equivalent to the book.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post

They could flesh out double what they have filmed just by going to face to face commentary, with the action sequences as backdrop, flashback with voice-over, whatever. And that would match the book better than a straight-up zombie flick.

Not that it would make for a better film, just that it would be more tonally equivalent to the book.
    that's what was likely intended before paramount or foster (it's fuzzy on who's to blame in this regard) decided to rewrite the script eleventeen hundred times. i'm thinking paramount didn't understand what they was getting when they got into a biding war over this property. when they saw what it was they was gonna go for it anyway. then the production cost ballooned and they decided for summer block buster instead of winter high drama release date.
    Last edited by Tish-the-Scorpion; 10-24-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

yeah it initially had a winter release date, which appeared promising cause that's when all the high caliber big budget films are released. but the fiasco regarding the production and paramount chickening out at the last minute changed everything to what it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

Quote Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
    A friend on mine worked on this as a PA. She had such a shit time, that she decided to quit working in the film industry and train to be a nurse instead.
    wow that's fucked up lol
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

the trailer do exists according to this http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/rec...strailers.aspx and it's 2:20 long. i'm guessing it's not a teaser.

keep your eyes peeled guys, the trailer was apparently attached to skyfall or so i heard. i thought it was flight. guess not.

It wasn't on with Skyfall when I saw it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    It wasn't on with Skyfall when I saw it last week.
    maybe it's only in certain theaters. that's what i'm thinking. but i also heard it just came out this weekend, so that's why you didn't see it last week. some say they saw it, but most people say they didn't. and the only descriptions i keep getting is explosions and zombies crawling over each other like a giant wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

first look at the trailer...http://www.etonline.com/movies/12655...r_Z/index.html

and it's.....interesting.
    Last edited by Tish-the-Scorpion; 11-05-2012 at 05:51 PM.

is it a bad sign when the car commercial beforehand was closer to the original plot?
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

i didn't get a car commercial just a reality show ad with stone cold Steve Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    is it a bad sign when the car commercial beforehand was closer to the original plot?
    What the hell kind of car commercial was that?

That Trailer was terrible.. Did these people not even watch an Episode of the Walking Dead? Frank Darabont should have done this!
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

That trailer looks like everything I feared this adaptation was going to end up being.