Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,137

    Default Some of the boards

    Just curious... given the lack of posting, and the fact that DC appears to be bound and determined to destroy Wildstorm, should CBR look at combining the Vertigo and Wildstorm forums? I notice a lot of posters asking about and discussing titles that cross between the two publishing lines, and it might encourage more discussion, especially when people are talking about Alan Moore, etc.

    I'd mention that the Hulk forum seems unnecessary, but there was a big stink about it earlier, so...
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

    - "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

    - "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

    - "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

  2. #2
    indie snob Brandon Hanvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthwise View Post
    Just curious... given the lack of posting, and the fact that DC appears to be bound and determined to destroy Wildstorm, should CBR look at combining the Vertigo and Wildstorm forums? I notice a lot of posters asking about and discussing titles that cross between the two publishing lines, and it might encourage more discussion, especially when people are talking about Alan Moore, etc.
    It has been discussed by the Forum Staff several times.

  3. #3
    Administrator Jonah Weiland's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    I think a combining of the Vertigo/Wildstorm forums may be in order.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

  4. #4
    More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    I think a combining of the Vertigo/Wildstorm forums may be in order.
    WOOHOO! I love living under a benevolent dictatorship!

    Seriously though, I think that it would make more sense in terms of encouraging discussion.
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

    - "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

    - "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

    - "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

  5. #5
    indie snob Brandon Hanvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,525

    Default

    So are we going to call it DC Imprints so we can talk about Minx there too?

  6. #6
    Administrator Jonah Weiland's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    So are we going to call it DC Imprints so we can talk about Minx there too?
    Great idea! Let's make it happen. Matt, would you like to do the honors?
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

  7. #7
    More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    So are we going to call it DC Imprints so we can talk about Minx there too?
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! With a SUBFORUM for Minx, right? One that's not connected directly to either Wildstorm and certainly not Vertigo?

    I realize that Minx is likely read by older readers, but it is geared towards TEENAGE girls, and the cross-over with Vertigo's mature content seems very strange.
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

    - "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

    - "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

    - "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

  8. #8
    indie snob Brandon Hanvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthwise View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! With a SUBFORUM for Minx, right? One that's not connected directly to either Wildstorm and certainly not Vertigo?

    I realize that Minx is likely read by older readers, but it is geared towards TEENAGE girls, and the cross-over with Vertigo's mature content seems very strange.
    The Forum staff has discussed this. And Jonah feels, for the most part, that CBR is an "adult" site. Meaning the people who mostly come here to discuss comics are 18 and up so having Minx with more mature readings such as Vertigo is fine.

  9. #9
    The Notorious BIB mattbib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Posts
    14,822

    Default

    Stony can handle the jailbait.

  10. #10
    Administrator Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 1997
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    Great idea! Let's make it happen. Matt, would you like to do the honors?
    Yes! I get to push the big red button!
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

  11. #11
    internet pope howyadoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    35,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthwise View Post
    ... DC appears to be bound and determined to destroy Wildstorm...
    Now what have they done?
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

    song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

  12. #12
    More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
    Now what have they done?
    Did you see the sales figures for the last "relaunch"?

    Did you see the promotions for it?

    I'm guessing no for either, and DC's to fault for both, with the latter informing the former. Also for trusting Jim Lee to turn in a book on time.
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

    - "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

    - "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

    - "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

  13. #13
    internet pope howyadoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    35,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthwise View Post
    Did you see the sales figures for the last "relaunch"?

    Did you see the promotions for it?

    I'm guessing no for either, and DC's to fault for both, with the latter informing the former. Also for trusting Jim Lee to turn in a book on time.
    The relaunch consisted of... what, two books that Grant Morrison can't be bothered to finish? How is that DC's fault?
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

    song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

  14. #14
    More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
    The relaunch consisted of... what, two books that Grant Morrison can't be bothered to finish? How is that DC's fault?
    No, it was...

    WildCATS
    The Authority
    Midnighter
    Deathblow
    Gen 13

    and a few other books I can't be arsed to remember, mostly because they were treated like afterthoughts in favour of crap like Countdown and 52 spinoffs that also sold terribly.
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

    - "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

    - "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

    - "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

  15. #15
    More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,137

    Default

    New Question: Does Image Comics still need its own board, or should it just be tossed in with the other Independents? I still don't get why it has one and, say, Dark Horse or Oni don't.
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

    - "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

    - "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

    - "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •