Default INFINITE GEOFF JOHNS I: Green Lantern

In the first part of a weeklong series, superstar writer Geoff Johns discusses the secret origin of Green Lantern, the "Rage of the Red Lanterns" and James Robinsonís new Justice League title.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=15826

No hints, but it's nice to still know that Geoff has plans for the title. :p

I'm rather enjoying the origin story aspect despite the fact I am curious as heck on how the other 'Corps' will be worked into the tapestry
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Come on Jonhs!..tell it! You`ll be writng the new Aquaman ongoing don´t you?

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

I've heard good things about his work on GREEN LANTERN, but the way DC is collecting the series, it's like they don't want people to be able to jump on. Softcovers come out two full years after hardcovers, the earliest volumes are long out of print, the big storyline is split up over two slim hardcovers a ridiculous five months apart . . .
    Expletive Deleted

I liked the interview. I like how Johns takes something that's seemingly unrelated and makes it relatable to what he's building up to. You'd think Hal's origin should have nothing to do with the coming Blackest Night, but John's adds slight hints to make it that way. I love John's on this book.

Lightbulb

Really enjoyed the interview with Geoff Johns on Green Lantern. I was there for Emerald Dawn. That was a good read! I have to go and track down the Emerald Dawn II trade paperback. I really enjoyed the reboot. I stopped reading for awhile up until the three-part Emerald Twilight - where Hal lost it after the Cyborg-Superman destroyed Coast City. I was disappointed, because the '90's run on green Lantern was probably the most enjoyable since the '70's. Things were looking up for Hal. I have alway been ambivalent toward Kyle Raynor.

Now, I'm enjoying Green Lantern again. I like John stewart, I tolerate Guy Gardner, I still feel ambivalent toward Kyle.

I wonder what this new direction in the "Spectrum" means for Earth-3's Power Ring? Back in the day he looked a lot like a wicked Hal Jordan, then recently with the Earth-2 graphic novel, he became a blond (with the Georgi LaForge Visor); then, became a mirror-image of John Stewart in Busiek's JLA storyline. Is there a Sinestro of Earth-3? or a Power Ring adversary? Not that I want to delve to deeply into the multiverse, but I wonder which color Power Ring could end up with. I have to go back and re-read what each color means. What color is greed, avarice and mayhem?

Is it me, or is the Power Ring "Spectrum" becomeing the Speed Force for the Green Lanterns? I kinda liked the addition of the Speed Force in The Flash, as a place for Johnny Quick and Max Mercury to go.

Nice that Geoff Johns has a plan for Green Lantern, like James Robinson did when he was on Starman.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I've heard good things about his work on GREEN LANTERN, but the way DC is collecting the series, it's like they don't want people to be able to jump on. Softcovers come out two full years after hardcovers, the earliest volumes are long out of print, the big storyline is split up over two slim hardcovers a ridiculous five months apart . . .
    if i have any problems with DC at all,
    this is the biggest one.

Sooooo, is there also going to be a John Stewart: Year One?
    Cape shall not kill cape. X-E-R-O

Quote Originally Posted by KRAKABOOM! View Post
    if i have any problems with DC at all,
    this is the biggest one.
    I wish their hardcovers had nicer paper. I like the hardcover design, and appreciate its convenience, but it's frustrating that the art looks more vibrant in the monthly issues. Would it be so hard to use paper for hardcovers as nice as the paper in the monthlies?