Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default WWLA: Fraction on Marvel Exclusive & "Uncanny X-Men"

Writer Matt Fraction is one of Marvel's fastest rising stars and his hard work has been rewarded with an exclusive deal and a co-writing position on "Uncanny X-Men." We spoke with Fraction.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13375

Don't know what to make of any of this yet. Although how any writer could think the X-Men is all about Scott's story remains a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Don't know what to make of any of this yet. Although how any writer could think the X-Men is all about Scott's story remains a mystery to me.
    The Scott and Jean story is the foundation story where all other mutants spring from. And toss in Wolverine later, and that is the foundation of all X-men stories.

Uncontrolled power, guilt, love, conflict, hatred, it all stems from the X-men's "Big 3"
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Me either. Frankly I'm getting sick of Marvel telling me how great he is when I could care less. I've NEVER read an X-Men book because of him or his story but I have refused to read a few becasue Marvel tells me how great he is and then many times has him do utterly stupid things. His leadership in MC was pretty sad in my opinion (Uh, he was soooo right about Cable now wasn't he?) and nothing about the aftermath is very impressive either. There are plenty of other X-Men I'd rather read about than him, Emma and Wolverine who are all they seem to talk about.

Shield of the True North CaptainCanada's Avatar

Oh God, that cover by Land; please, please tell me we won't be getting his art on UXM, because I'll have to drop it if that's the case.:(
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson

I'm really excited about this. Fraction is ridiculously talented and Bru is finally reaching perfection with his Uncanny X-Men. I like the fact that the cast will be fluid as well.

That said, I hope they tone down the Cyclops/Emma stuff, because I'm growing tired of them. Though after this interview, I doubt Cyclops won't be at the center of things.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 03-15-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    The Scott and Jean story is the foundation story where all other mutants spring from. And toss in Wolverine later, and that is the foundation of all X-men stories.

Uncontrolled power, guilt, love, conflict, hatred, it all stems from the X-men's "Big 3"
    Eh, I disagree. I certainly don't think their love story was any sort of catalyst for all mutant stories. They're essential characters but the X-books have and did just fine without them for a number of years. the X-books are all about a group of people fighting for acceptance and how the characters get caught up and react to that in various ways. X-Men should not be one person's sole story. If I look back on XMen whenever it ends, I certainly don't want to come away with it being focused too heavily on one character. Which is why like as some people have already echoed, I hope they seriously tone down Scott, Emma and Wolverine. There are other characters in the X-men you know? I know they're the leaders so to speak, but lets not forget the X-men have and always should be an ensemble book. Less is sometimes more.
    Last edited by Saturius; 03-15-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    Oh God, that cover by Land; please, please tell me we won't be getting his art on UXM, because I'll have to drop it if that's the case.:(
    Looks like he will be doing some interiors, which is fine by me, he's awesome. I don't care if he uses a lightbox for some of his art (mostly the women). He still draws everything else real well.

BANNED

Yay Great Time For Cyclops Fans!!!

**rubs It In**

Eh, I disagree. I certainly don't think their love story was any sort of catalyst for all mutant stories. They're essential characters but the X-books have and did just fine without them for a number of years. the X-books are all about a group of people fighting for acceptance and how the characters get caught up and react to that in various ways. X-Men should not be one person's sole story. If I look back on XMen whenever it ends, I certainly don't want to come away with it being focused too heavily on one character.
    Fair enough, but most X-men stories, you can say it happened to Scott, Jean, and Wolverine first, even if they were not involved for years. I do agree with you about this part

the X-books are all about a group of people fighting for acceptance and how the characters get caught up and react to that in various ways.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Fraction and Brubaker together again? Awesome If it is half as good as Iron Fist, it will be fantastic.

And lots of sex? That can't be a bad thing!
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

So...Land did the cover of 500...who's doing the interior art?...that's what I want to know...I'm still holding out for Silvestri...aah...hope springs eternal.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That said, I hope they tone down the Cyclops/Emma stuff, because I'm growing tired of them. Though after this interview, I doubt Cyclops won't be at the center of things.
    Agreed. I don't mind either character, but I'm not particularly interested in stories that revolve around them. I prefer the X-Men to be very much an ensemble piece. Different characters getting their chance to shine.

But it does seem like all of the writers are in Cyclops-heavy mode. It seems that something big is in store for him, we've already seen it building up in Uncanny and X-Force.

I've not really read any of Matt Fraction's work, but he's been getting a lot of praise, so I'm eager to see what he can do with the mutants. As for the art, I'd be happy to see Choi continue. Silvestri would be great, but I don't think it'll happen. I don't have the problem with Land's work that many others do, so I wouldn't mind seeing him work on an X-Men book.

This is wonderful news. The fact that Fraction is sporting that Cyclops hard-on aswell is just great. I love that the X-Office is finally giving the right man the props. Now if we could just get Jean back....

Shield of the True North CaptainCanada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    So...Land did the cover of 500...who's doing the interior art?...that's what I want to know...I'm still holding out for Silvestri...aah...hope springs eternal.
    Land.

He and Terry Dodson are the new artists.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson