Default whats the going rate for a comic book artist?

Hello fellow comic book fans!!

I'd like to hire a comic book artist to do some work I can scan in for my website but I don't know what to pay them. As I understand it, they are used to $$ per comic book page. Whats the typical $$ per page for a decent artist thats not working for the big guys (marvel dc etc)? Also, how long does it take them to do a page?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!
    Cindi

Not to sound like arrogant or anything, but it sounds like a question you should really be asking on the Artist and Writers Showcase.

Edit: Oops, you just did. My bad. :o
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    Not to sound like arrogant or anything, but it sounds like a question you should really be asking on the Artist and Writers Showcase.

Edit: Oops, you just did. My bad. :o
    I did but the response I got was pretty useless. I've waited a couple hours but I think people have assumed my question was answered. If anyone could give me a better answer, Id be super grateful!!!

PLEAZ!!!
    Cindi

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

PM Rik Levins. He has drawn for Marvel.

Hi, Cindi, I sent you a reply. Hope I answered your questions; feel free to ask if you want to know anything else.