Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default AVENGERS TWO-FER: "Fairy Tales" and "The Initiative"

Courtesy of Marvel, CBR brings you advance looks at "Avengers Fairy Tales" and "Anvenges: The Initiative" #10, both on sale March 12.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13254

I usually don't care for the Fairy Tales stuff but this Avengers one looks too damn good to pass up, love the "cutesy" art.

As for The Initiative, things are definitely getting ramped up. The New Warriors flashback, Slapstick and all the stuff going on is just great.

Bow Before Me! TotalWorldDomination's Avatar

A:tI looks great. Still hoping Justice is a skrull, but that's looking less likely.
    I'm STILL with Iron Man.

I can't wait for Avengers Fairy Tales, and I'm usually not a fan of that style of story. It just looks great.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i'm very excited for the Initiative. too bad there was no Ant-Man in the preview. and wow Slapstick is coming off as a real wuss. he's afraid of Rage now? Gauntlet is going to wear him out.
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 03-06-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I didn't bother w/ the other Marvel Hero Fairy Tales, but the Avengers one definitely has my eye. And by the looks of it, the action is really gonna be amped to another level over at A:I.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i'm very excited for the Initiative. too bad there was no Ant-Man in the preview. and wow Slapstick is coming off as a real wuss. he's afraid of Rage now? Gauntlet is going to wear him out.
    I'm still continuously surprised and a bit pleased that this title keeps referencing Kevin G's New Warriors. The Initative and New Warriors supplement each other but the Intiative is overall a much better title for me than NW.

so, what's the consensus? should Vance start his own "New Warriors?" he has enough potential recruits (Ultra-Girl, Rage, Debrii, Slapstick). he might be able to talk Hardball and Komodo into joining. they would make decent Nova and Namorita analogs. Slapstick's definately the 'Speedball replacement.'

so, what's the consensus? should Vance start his own "New Warriors?" he has enough potential recruits (Ultra-Girl, Rage, Debrii, Slapstick). he might be able to talk Hardball and Komodo into joining. they would make decent Nova and Namorita analogs. Slapstick's definately the 'Speedball replacement.'
    I wouldn't mind if Justice participated in a new New Warriors.

Though I do think he leaves somewhat of a void in the Initiative book. I do think they need a few more sympathetic Initiative staff members at Camp Hammond.

It would be nice if he did but I'm not sure if they would dedicate an entire book to him and his new Warriors team.

Most likely he would have to share the book with the current roster of ex-mutants or they do a two-in-one thing with the book with the old NW and the new NW. Either that or we continue to get Vance's New Warriors in the Initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    It would be nice if he did but I'm not sure if they would dedicate an entire book to him and his new Warriors team.

Most likely he would have to share the book with the current roster of ex-mutants or they do a two-in-one thing with the book with the old NW and the new NW. Either that or we continue to get Vance's New Warriors in the Initiative.
    i'm not even talking about a book; just forming a team. marvel comics presents or marvel two-in-one would be fine with me. there hasn't been much Vance in the Initiative lately. maybe that will change.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Debrii finally makes another appearance!

Good to see they're getting back to the AWOL Justice storyline. And it will be interesting to see how the Slapstick/Gauntlet issue is resolved.

I will stick with this book to the bitter end if they let Gyrich escape death. He's too awesome a bastard not to. :D

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

This book seems really cool. I need to start picking it up.

Have there been any tpbs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    This book seems really cool. I need to start picking it up.

i think there was at least one out. i don't know the name of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Actually yes.....;)

If you're asking about A:TI...the first six issues are in TBP form entitled AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE...BASIC TRAINING

AND if you're asking about the current NW series....it's also been reprinted as NEW WARRIORS: DEFIANT....