Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 2285

Thread: Spawn

  1. #76
    www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    For those that are looking for trye insight into Spawn this was solicitated last month for May release. This book is going to be insane. Ashley Wood art - how can you possibly go wrong?



    SPAWN: THE BOOK OF THE DEAD HC
    Written by David Hine, art by Ashley Wood and Geirrod Van Dyke, cover by Wood.
    At long last, the unholy legend can be told! Secrets revealed! In-depth character backgrounds! Hellishly brilliant character art! From Malebolgia to Sam and Twitch to the Heap, each character in the Spawn comic mythos is beautifully rendered by Wood and Van Dyke. The secret history of the Hellspawn is finally divulged with comprehensive text by Spawn writer David Hine. 72 pages, $24.95, in stores on May 29.


  2. #77
    www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PamGrierOverdrive View Post
    You're on. I'll give it a shot, but do me a favor and bump up this thread with a reminder post when the issue hits so I don't forget.
    Hey Overdrive said message and thread have been bumped for your purchasing pleasure this week. Wednesday Spawn #176 drops --->

    story DAVID HINE art & cover BRIAN HABERLIN
    People are dying and witnesses swear the killer is a ghost. Police profiler Marc Simmons thinks he knows better but his suspect has the perfect alibi. Can Spawn solve the riddle of "The Monster in the Bubble?"

  3. #78
    Hot Sex On A Platter PamGrierOverdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347

    Default

    I'm on it! It's a slow week for me this week with just Spawn, The Spirit and Diamond's Previews. I'll post what I think on Thursday or Friday.

  4. #79
    Hot Sex On A Platter PamGrierOverdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347

    Default

    I'm on it! It's a slow week for me this week with just Spawn, The Spirit and Diamond's Previews. I'll post what I think on Thursday or Friday.

  5. #80
    www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PamGrierOverdrive View Post
    I'm on it! It's a slow week for me this week with just Spawn, The Spirit and Diamond's Previews. I'll post what I think on Thursday or Friday.
    COOL - shot you a PM as well, I am just a man out here trying to pimp a book that I think is one heck of a read. Hope you enjoy it...

  6. #81

    Default

    Thanks for all the info guys, I am definitely going to pick up the Armageddon stuff.

  7. #82
    www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    NICE - let me know what you think after checking it out. I will always be here pimping the book and working towards my mission of making Spawn a top 50 book each and every month.

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrikHed21 View Post
    NICE - let me know what you think after checking it out. I will always be here pimping the book and working towards my mission of making Spawn a top 50 book each and every month.
    Will do...

  9. #84
    Teh Strongest Mr. Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrikHed21 View Post
    I would recommend the recent arc #174-#175 as totally insane writing and art but if you are really looking to jump back in and get an understanding you can either start with The New Flesh Collection in trade or if you want to see the end of the world pickup Armageddon.



    Here's a list of trades for ones wanting to track them down.

    * Spawn Volume 1 - contains issues 1-8, 11-12
    * Spawn Volume 2 - contains issues 13-33
    * Spawn Volume 3 - contains issues 34-54
    * Spawn Volume 4 - contains issues 55-75
    * Spawn Volume 5 - contains issues 76-96
    * Spawn Volume 6 - contains issues 97-117

    * Spawn: The Armageddon Collection Part 1 - contains issues 150-155
    * Spawn: The Armageddon Collection Part 2 - contains issues 156-163
    * Spawn: The Complete Armageddon Collection - contains issues 150-163
    * Spawn: New Flesh Collection - contains issues 166-169
    Thanks a lot man, I'll be hunting those down. I need a new comic to collect regularly. The new Ultimates is crap even if it wasn't a limited series and Hitch & Millar are only going to be doing Fantastic Four for another... fourteen issues. Getting real O/T, just thanks. If I pick 'em up, I'll let you know what I think. I always found Spawn a bit confusing, even when I followed it pretty strictly.

  10. #85
    www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sam View Post
    Thanks a lot man, I'll be hunting those down. I need a new comic to collect regularly. The new Ultimates is crap even if it wasn't a limited series and Hitch & Millar are only going to be doing Fantastic Four for another... fourteen issues. Getting real O/T, just thanks. If I pick 'em up, I'll let you know what I think. I always found Spawn a bit confusing, even when I followed it pretty strictly.
    I agree on Ultimates-3.... IT SUCKS!! and Fantastic Four is looking good, but as you said it is a limited run. I understand your thoughts on Spawn but David Hine has really tied things together for both the long-time fans as well as the new readers.

  11. #86

    Default

    New issue was good. I hope Spawn pops that freakazoid's bubble!

  12. #87
    New Member ersatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2

    Talking Lost!

    WOW! It feels that i've been under a rock for so long and miss so much of spawn. i have a log of catching up to do to know what has been happening with my fave character. i was there when everybody was saying that this will just be a fly by night title from a group of upstart that wants to show marvel what they can do. but boy, that's prehistoric. i want to get back to reading spawn again and MUST check this thread to know more information...:D

  13. #88
    Buy Savage Dragon!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sandhurst, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrikHed21 View Post
    Here's a list of trades for ones wanting to track them down.

    * Spawn Volume 1 - contains issues 1-8, 11-12
    * Spawn Volume 2 - contains issues 13-33
    * Spawn Volume 3 - contains issues 34-54
    * Spawn Volume 4 - contains issues 55-75
    * Spawn Volume 5 - contains issues 76-96
    * Spawn Volume 6 - contains issues 97-117

    * Spawn: The Armageddon Collection Part 1 - contains issues 150-155
    * Spawn: The Armageddon Collection Part 2 - contains issues 156-163
    * Spawn: The Complete Armageddon Collection - contains issues 150-163
    * Spawn: New Flesh Collection - contains issues 166-169
    Have volumes 4 and 5 come out yet? I love big fat trade collections and these new SPAWN collections are huge value for money. I only started reading the book just before the Armageddon sage started and have only managed to get back issues of 1-23, 25, and then scattered others through to 145 or so. Which means that these trades are awesome for me.
    - Gav

    If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

    http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

  14. #89
    www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    WOW! It feels that i've been under a rock for so long and miss so much of spawn. i have a log of catching up to do to know what has been happening with my fave character. i was there when everybody was saying that this will just be a fly by night title from a group of upstart that wants to show marvel what they can do. but boy, that's prehistoric. i want to get back to reading spawn again and MUST check this thread to know more information...:D
    Welcome - I have posted the trades and good jumping on points. The new issue came out yesterday and it starts a new 2 issue story arc. Unfortunately I'm traveling right now and won't get my copy until Friday - but expect a full review once it has been read.

  15. #90
    Hot Sex On A Platter PamGrierOverdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347

    Default

    So I picked up Spawn 174 yesterday, along with a couple back issues including the first part of the recent Gunslinger Spawn story and the Mandarin Spawn issue from about a year ago which was in the $1 bin. Loved the "Spawn legacy" issues, so I'll focus on #174.

    The recap page was appreciated, although it could have used another paragraph because I was lost on a few points, such as the identity of the young witch character, the timeframe in which these murders have been occurring (was this the first issue dealing with the manga serial killer?), and were those in fact Al Simmons' parents at the beginning of the issue. Also a bit distracted by the artwork, which is spectacular when Spawn or a horrific scene are being depicted, but a bit muddied when normal "everyday" scenes are being shown.

    However, having said all of that, there is a great deal of potential with these creators, and the storyline drew me in enough that I want to get the next issue to see the resolution. All in all, a very creepy atmosphere and interesting concept in terms of the serial killer kid in the bubble. But the other 2 issues were real highlights, particularly the done-in-one Mandarin Spawn yarn.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •