Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Netley View Post
    Oh yeah, that was golden! Good call. If my memory serves correctly, those were Capullo's first issues, huh.
    Yes this is around the time that Greg came on board (issue #16 was his first). I love the evoluton of his work... when I think of Spawn the visuals I have are typically Greg's work.

Quote Originally Posted by BrikHed21 View Post
    Oddly enough they have not - and that is why this thread is here. I am fairly certain that everyone, including my grandma, has owned a copy of Spawn #1 at one time in their life. Many people base their opinion of this book on those early McFarlane issues. That would be 100% wrong as this is a well written book and it keeps getting better. David Hine and Brian Haberlin are exploring the depths of a truly unique character each and every month.

I would suggest for those of you that normal don't pick up a copy to get issue #176 that comes out this month and see what you think. I know we have extensive pull lists but really can't you find another $2.99 for a single month and check out a book that has found a way to evolve and change for more than 14 years and keeps getting better?
    • If you don't like it you are out $2.99 (send a note to Todd I am sure he would refund you :p )
    • If you think you like it then get the next issue as this is going to be a 2 issue story arc.
    • If you really like the book, as I trust you will, thank me later.
    I have issue #1 and the 2 1990s volume sets. I havent gotten into Spawn for a long time I think i'll pick up this issue.

I thought they were going to make another Spawn movie know anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by PaidHero View Post
    I thought they were going to make another Spawn movie know anything about it?
    Unfortunately those of us that follow Spawn, and one of the reasons so many hated McFarlane, know of these projects that we are all "waiting" to see. They include:
    • Spawn 2
    • Spawn/Batman II
    • Spawn: Architects of Fear
    • Spawn: Book of the Dead
    • The Haunt (co-created with Kirkman)

Let's just chalk this up to the "be patient" category and sit back and enjoy the regular title. If you are really looking to pick up something interesting I would suggest issue #174 and #175 - it was a two issue Gunslinger Spawn tale (it ties into Al's Great Great Grandfather).

The confirmed release date for issue #176 is March 26

Sadly this Wednesday gets us one closer to the end of one of the best books to come out in years. Below is a copy of the original solictation and how they were really looking to use this issue as a springboard... it just did not transpire. Godslayer will be missed!!!

--------------------------------------

SPAWN: GODSLAYER
    MONTHLY SERIES
    ISSUE 7 | MARCH 2008

TITLE Dire Things, Part I
    STORY Brian Holguin
    LETTERS Tom Orzechowski
    COVER Philip Tan
    COLORS Brian Haberlin
    INKS Philip Tan
    PENCILS Philip Tan

A vengeance Goddess sets her sights on the Godslayer, suspecting him of murdering her brother. A perfect jumping on point for new readers, this issue includes a special guide to the world of the Godslayer.

...and for those of you that never picked up an issue to read or even to flip though below is a link to a free on-line copy of issue #1.

http://www.spawn.com/comics/spawngod...001_cover.html

sarpsozdinler.deviantart Brooklyn's Avatar

It is sad to see an end to this series. The book itself have being attracted me since #1 came out. It was a fresh breath we took in the middle of a pandemonium which original series has caused. I always liked this kinda epic tales took out of Spawn. Godslayer Vol 1 was pretty decent , Mandarin Spawn was nearly perfect without an exaggeration and this.

Gunslinger is ending too , very tragic.
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 03-18-2008 at 03:11 AM.

I would agree the death of Godslayer, as a title, is nothing less than tradgic, but I am holding out hope. According to Haberlin, Editor at TMP, we will see him back again. It will likely be a mini at some other point.

I personally am 100% in favor of TMP bringing back a variation of Curse of the Spawn and this time around spend 3 to 5 issues telling the tales of various Spawns throughout time. Gunslinger Spawn and Mandarin Spawn just proved how powerful some of these other stories could be if told right. Just imagine a story arc on Pirate Spawn, Jack-the-Ripper Spawn, or even an Alien Spawn.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

If I can pitch in an arc, I'd love to see a Curse of the Spawn. :D ;)

Sure you will write an arc of Curse but you are still too scared to write anything in Spawn? I know you and Hine are tight, how is it going on getting him to let me write my single Easter-flashback page? Let me know about that one when he gets back to you ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BrikHed21 View Post
    Sure you will write an arc of Curse but you are still too scared to write anything in Spawn? I know you and Hine are tight, how is it going on getting him to let me write my single Easter-flashback page? Let me know about that one when he gets back to you ;)
    HAHA! I don't think we're that tight, now. :D If we were, I would have attempted to write something of Spawn a long time ago. ;)

"Not tight"? Come on he is dropping in and giving you exclusives on his upcoming projects and writings. I would say that is pretty tight. Next thing you know you will be watching his son or heading to the local pub for a pint.

Like I said, Easter flashback - I can write it in 5 panels, 6 if he wants the even flow of a single page. Just pass on the word for me. :p

OMG, dude, LMAO!

In all honesty, I find out all the latest news from him the same time any one does, it's just that since I keep track I usually find out maybe as soon as it starts to spread out more often. Plus, I chill at his forum and read all his books, so that helps. :D
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Just give me some insight on issue #182 - come on I won't tell anyone. For those that have not seen the solication for #182

SPAWN #182
    Written by David Hine, art and cover by Brian Haberlin.
    The end of Spawn. 'Nuff said. 32 pages, $2.95, in stores on June 25.

Hahaha!! I swear I don't know anything. And I'd never ask because I hate being spoiled. :D
    Last edited by Greg Anderson; 03-18-2008 at 10:51 AM.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Tomorrow we get to see Godslayer and then one week later we get to see Spawn.... go out and support THE most underappreciated book going today.