Page 131 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2285

Thread: Spawn

From the indicia of Spawn Origins Book 8 HC...

"The characters Angela, Domina, Tiffany and all other Heaven's Warrior Angel characters & 1993-1996 and 2000 Neil Gaiman. All rights reserved."

So he owns all of the derivatives of his derivative character. Ridiculous.

I wonder if if someone like Zera counts here?
    Shes a warrior angel, but is noticably different in design to the "bikini warrior" look of Angela et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I wonder if if someone like Zera counts here?
    Shes a warrior angel, but is noticably different in design to the "bikini warrior" look of Angela et al.

Sounds like it's as much the concept as the look, so I would think Zera would fall in there too, but maybe not. There's the angel that appeared in Endgame as well...

Surley Gaiman cant own the concept of "Warrior Angels" though?
    I mean, its not like he invented that concept, even in comic books let alone actually religious mythology.
    Both Marvel and DC have warrior angel characters but Gaiman has no ground to sue them. Then theres Avengelyne at Extreme Studios.
    And hell, Redeemer is a "warrior angel" but obviously not derivative of Angela.

It also seems odd that Gaiman should be able to own Domina and Tiffany for there resemblence to Angela when it was McFarlane that created Angelas actual design. But whatever...

Lawsuits are fun.

Well Redeemer is certainly safe since we've seen him in the current team and post-Endgame and wasn't created by Gaiman (Grant Morrison created him as the Anti-Spawn, but then McFarlene changed the name to Redeemer and I'm sure the same can be said for Zera too though Tiffany is a hard one and more than likely this grey area is why McFarlene used an anonymous female angel in the Endgame arc). How did Cog get resolved though? From my understanding he is also owned 50/50 like Angela was.

I really find it hard to believe that Gaiman owns the concept of Warrior Angels. Its too far reaching, but it'll be interesting to see how this goes especially given Jim's nature where you would think at some point we will be seeing warrior angels.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    How did Cog get resolved though? From my understanding he is also owned 50/50 like Angela was.
    Last I read of Cog he stole the crown to hell and disappeared into a tower where he is building it up to eventually reach heaven or something like that. Is that the last time he appears? I thought that was McFarlane's way of writing out the character.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Last I read of Cog he stole the crown to hell and disappeared into a tower where he is building it up to eventually reach heaven or something like that. Is that the last time he appears? I thought that was McFarlane's way of writing out the character.
    No, he's been back in the last 10 or so issues.

I assume that Cog was part of the deal - giving McFarlane 100% rights to that character in exchange for the Angels and whatever other compensation Gaiman was owed.

The whole thing with Gaiman really hurt the natural progression of the comic, but I think that Todd and crew did good with what they had to work with.

I'm really not digging the art though. I doesn't really fit the Spawn world I've read about since I started collecting at issue 65 back in the day.
    You can buy my comics at Indy Planet! I draw horror!

Maybe cos its a different world after Armageddon? :D

I'm current on book 4 of the hardcovers, it started out pretty slow but now that I'm into it I don't wanna stop, my book 8HC should be here today and hopefully 9 will be available for preorder soon,

Is that a homage cover? It really reminds me of Breyfogle's Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac! View Post
    Is that a homage cover? It really reminds me of Breyfogle's Batman.
    It's a homage to his Batman 423 cover

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batman-423-dc-comics-jim-starlin-todd-mcfarlane.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	111494

Anyone know why the monthly releases of Spawn aren't on Comixology? Quite a few other Image series' are on there

So Spawn fans still do exist? that's good to know, I lost all of my books in a breakup years ago and was thinking of collecting again, starting with Spawn. How's the current story-line?