Page 126 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2285

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Well I would actually argue that a good place to end would be 164 which is the end of the Armageddon arc (which goes from about 150-164 and its a great arc that you will want the whole thing and I think ends well given everything up to that point) which some fans consider a good stopping point and I do agree with that. Their is one unresolved thing from that that is put to the forefront of the Hine/Haberlin run from 166-184, but at the end of that their really are more questions that are asked and to a certain extent haven't been answered even now and I kinda consider those issues filler.

1-100 I think are great to get your hands on as it weaves alot of characters and relationships pretty well, especially early on and you can jump on them relatively easily with the Origin series. 100 could maybe be considered a false end (I would also say the same for 164, but that could be taken as a true end), but after that I think you can jump around certain issues as I think some would say you can go from issue 100 straight to 150 with no problem. If their are some arcs I would recommend between 100 & 150, I would say The Kingdom arc from 107-113, a Season in Hell arc from 117-120, and A Thousand Clowns, Hellbound, & Devil To Pay arcs (134-144) and you can then jump to 150-164 from there. Can you jump from 100 straight to 150 and not miss a beat, I think so, but I think the aforementioned arcs add something to the larger story that help. But those are my thoughts.
    Thank you!

Just thought I would provide some quick thoughts on 224 and the Origin of the Species arc.

Issue 224 - This was again an alright issue that I think wrapped up the character of Sykes (The Agent) pretty well and sets things up well for the De-Programmed arc that looks to be to be going for the next 3 issues. I'm curious as to why, Wynn is calm knowing that Spawn is coming to him given the extensive history, but I guess his ace in the whole could be Tremor. All in all, a good issue that transitions to the next phase. Also in the letters section, Todd mentioned that new characters (heroes and villains/super-villains) will be appearing soon which is great and I hope they are some of the past patients which Patient 46 mentioned that some are still out there. Also Todd mentioned a possible return of The Curse and Overt-Kill which should be interesting to see as Overt-Kill has been heavily tied into The Project and I'm curious as to how The Curse would tie into this. Maybe given his heavy religious background, The Curse would be hired by The Vatican to bring Jim, but I do consider Curse to be pretty extreme for someone like the Vatican to use, but we'll see.

Origin of the Species -Taking the arc as a whole however, I appreciated it more re-reading the whole thing as it actually made me appreciate the interrogation of Sykes more and his dialog I find chosen very well knowing that Sykes, Richard, and Wynn are working together with Sykes taking the fall. It also plays into the fact that Richard did come in at a time that Jim was off balance because of the symbiote situation, looking for answers on The Project, and Ramus (Bludd) profiting off of Jim's image behind his back so it was cleverly planned for Richard to be at the right place at the right time and offering him help in the area that Jim is most concerned about at the moment. Certain things are left for the future like Ramus offering to help in Jim's reconstruction of Rat City and Terry's investigation on Jim Downing so hopefully we'll see those play out soon. All in all, a good arc that revealed some answers carefully while setting up the big answers to come hopefully in this coming arc which I think we'll see the Spawn vs Tremor fight.

Agreed. I hear folks complaining about the pacing of individual issues, but if you look at the big picture and re-read the issues as a larger story, Todd & Jon are really doing a fantastic job developing Jim & his backstory.

The inclusion of familiar characters and the way that they've been woven into the whole plot has been really well done, and I expect that the next few arcs will continue the payoff, especially for long-time Spawn readers.

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

I just heard, DISNEY BOUGHT SPAWN!!!

April Foo.... Happy Halloween!

I love to see the covers Todd's doing on Spawn. Even though they don't match the interior artwork. They are great homages, sometimes to his own artwork, which I love anyway.

I left Spawn around 1995 or1996....cant even honestly rember what issue I left on. Ive been thinking about getting back into it but seeing how I left so early, and they are now over 200 issues deep Im wondering where I can pick up and not feel completely lost. Also is Spawn still the same guy? Did his timeline ever run out or did that turn out to be something else?

Welcome back!

Nope, Spawn is now Jim Downing.
    Good jump on points would be 185 (the start of Endgame and Jims intro), 201 (new teams run) or 220 (20th Anniversary jump on point)
    Yes the timer ran out during David Hines excellent Armageddon arc. Which also served as a good end point for Als story, despite being followed up by another great arc before Endgame started.

Well the preview of Spawn 225 is up and OMG COG! And I like the Spawn movie Easter egg.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14301

Spawn 225 is out this Wednesday, November 21.

I got mine a week early for some reason :D

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I got mine a week early for some reason :D
    How was this issue? The preview seems interesting.

Mind you, keep in thought of how much I used to love this book and started to hate it due to and after Endgame.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Well, i enjoyed it. But if youve hated the books since 201 this issue will do nothing to change youre mind.

Uhm...is Al Simmons bak yet?

"he's dead Jim"

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

I'm thinking of walking away from Spawn now. While it's been interesting, we really need for something to actually start happening. Talking heads do not a comic make, right Bendis?
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

It's crazy how much nothing is happening in spawn. Even when something happens, nothing does... And now Obama is part a secret society of crazy people who experiment on humans ? Man this is starting to be fucking ridiculous.

I wish that Todd McFarlane would do a Spider-Man x Spawn team-up adventure that takes place on Earth-2149: The Zombieverse.