Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yes but you are talking about the first page, we are talking about the past couple days.
    There were four or five in the first four or five pages. Doesn't seem excessive. But then, earlier today and yesterday when there were NO Jean threads on the first page I was sort of bored.
    It's already been decided that [slung's] teh secks~Flâneur
    You are cool* *paraphrased~Optic Rage
    Slung made me like Jean Grey again!~Giles
    I like Slung~RafiShai
    P.S. I like Slung~frog
    I appreciate Slung~Swashbuckler
    I <3 Slung & our future times of eating ice cream~RG
    slug(?) is aight~S_G
    I APPROVE of slung-we have the same name~Yoshi
    Oplz. I like, *invented* Slung~Mikl
    I <3 Slung~pryde15
    I did Slung~jarrod
    Slung is a chiseled Adonis with a 14" wang~$5 Milkshake

Quote Originally Posted by long live jean grey View Post
    And Cable?
    If you're talking about his "death" in X-Men 200 that's not comparable in any way. That scene was written with his role in Messiah Complex in mind. It's a story driven decision with a lead in to another story.

Jean is different at the moment. She was killed and meant to be dead during Morrison's run. With that in mind Marvel is playing out that story position.

Why hasn't she come back? Conflicted fan support (there's a very distinct group of fans that don't want Jean back anytime soon)? Editorial trying to justify a death scene? Lack of creator interest? I don't really know.

Technically she is alive, and she will be back eventually.

I wonder if jean and Quasar are getting it on in the white hot room. That has gotta be the dumbest concept i have ever heard of "the white hot room". oy vey Only way I could ever see Jean back is if Cyclops and she were over with and have her really hook up with Wolverine or a new man.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Becuase They Fucking Can!!!!! It's Their God Damn Character And If They Wanna Put Her On The Cover To A Book About Bunny's And Zombies They Can. It's Their Character, They Can Do What They God Damn Well Please!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Joss. Yes homo We R. Venom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Becuase They Fucking Can!!!!! It's Their God Damn Character And If They Wanna Put Her On The Cover To A Book About Bunny's And Zombies They Can. It's Their Character, They Can Do What They God Damn Well Please!!!!!!!!!!
    So...so, true. Plus she is hot and an "Icon," if you use the word.
    Biru-no tanima-no kurayami-ni, Supaida-man!
    Havok was right.

Quote Originally Posted by We R. Venom View Post
    So...so, true. Plus she is hot and an "Icon," if you use the word.
    Without the Phoenix costume people would think she was Mary Jane. That shows how iconic she is. :rolleyes:
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by podmark View Post
    If you're talking about his "death" in X-Men 200 that's not comparable in any way. That scene was written with his role in Messiah Complex in mind. It's a story driven decision with a lead in to another story.

Jean is different at the moment. She was killed and meant to be dead during Morrison's run. With that in mind Marvel is playing out that story position.

Why hasn't she come back? Conflicted fan support (there's a very distinct group of fans that don't want Jean back anytime soon)? Editorial trying to justify a death scene? Lack of creator interest? I don't really know.

Technically she is alive, and she will be back eventually.
    Interestingly, Morrison left an easy way for her return (an egg on the moon).

Storywise, conflict and drama would support her return. A lot of interesting things could be done with her now that Scott has moved on from her and from Xavier's dream.

Fan support is clearly in favor of Jean (on Marvel's website, she's top ten profiles on CBR she was the top two Marvel female characters).

Creators Mike Carey, Ed Brubaker and Chris Yost have all expressed interest in using Jean and have said essentially that Marvel won't let them.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Without the Phoenix costume people would think she was Mary Jane. That shows how iconic she is. :rolleyes:
    And without his costume, people would think Spider-Man was Jamie Madrox. Or without her white, sexy outfit, Emma would be thought to be Sue Storm. Without Cyclops visor he would look like Peter Parker. Whatever. Anyone without their iconic outfit or look is NOT iconic. Duh.
    Last edited by Slung; 02-26-2008 at 09:30 PM.
    I like Slung~RafiShai
    P.S. I like Slung~frog
    slug(?) is aight~S_G
    I <3 Slung~pryde15
    I did Slung~jarrod

Only if you're retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Slung View Post
    Creators Mike Carey, Ed Brubaker and Chris Yost have all expressed interest in using Jean and have said essentially that Marvel won't let them.
    You do not want Yost writing her. Trust me. It will not end will.

Carey actually will get to use her because of Legacy.

Brubaker is your main hope.

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Without their costumes, people would have no idea who Superman, Batman or Spider-Man were either. That's kinda the point of the costumes and chest symbols and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    Without their costumes, people would have no idea who Superman, Batman or Spider-Man were either. That's kinda the point of the costumes and chest symbols and such.
    Thank God for common sense. I love you Chris.
    I like Slung~RafiShai
    P.S. I like Slung~frog
    slug(?) is aight~S_G
    I <3 Slung~pryde15
    I did Slung~jarrod

Just because the Spiderman fans lost Mary Jane, doesn't mean you can use Jean as a replacement. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    Without their costumes, people would have no idea who Superman, Batman, or Spider-Man are either.
    Clark Kent is pretty easily recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    Just because the Spiderman fans lost Mary Jane, doesn't mean you can use Jean as a replacement. :D
    don't rub it in.......... is she really supposed to be Jackpot btw? I think that's what we were supposed to get from that free comic day.

Quote Originally Posted by HellFrost View Post
    don't rub it in.......... is she really supposed to be Jackpot btw? I think that's what we were supposed to get from that free comic day.
    It felt like perfect timing, lol, and I don't know. It comes out to often for me to keep track. Last I checked she revealed her name to be Sara, but I think another issue has come out since then.