Default Sable on "DC Special: Cyborg," the Titan's First Ever Series

Equating the Titans' Cyborg to the X-Men's Wolverine, up and coming writer Mark Sable says Victor Stone’s own solo series is long overdue. That all changes this summer with the release of the six-issue miniseries “DC Special: Cyborg.”

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13087

"Finally" is all I can say.

Yeah I must admit this is going to be an interesting special for Cyborg. :p

I wonder if the T-car existed in the DCU ? :p

Veteran Member

Great news!

My worst fear about a Cyborg mini would be that it would be another: "I want to be a real human again." story. But it looks like that won't be the case. Sounds interesting!

I miss the 1980s Titans. Vic used to get chicks back in the day. Now he's been celibate for years. Wow Wolfman should be in the hall of fame for that series.

hmmmm was he a potential gang banger originally? I can't remember.

If that was his origin before fair enough....but if not.."another" black character with gang roots isn't terribly original

NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT BACK! COMIC GEEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tfresca View Post
    I miss the 1980s Titans. Vic used to get chicks back in the day. Now he's been celibate for years. Wow Wolfman should be in the hall of fame for that series.
    vic had one "chick" back in the day. she was killed by brother bloods "henchmen" her name was marcy renyolds

sarah simms wont be coming around ever again in continunity due to what happend in GAMES.

I say bring back sarah charles

If your a titans fan and you dont own this shame on you.

This IS the ORIGIN OF CYBORG :)

Let me add this MARV and GEORGE introduced this character over 25 years ago. and this character to this day is popular as hell.

There are/were characters in the dc universe that DC tries to "shove" down our throats trying to hype them up. But alot were killed off or just put in limbo, cause it was a sucky choice.

glad to see vic,kory,and raven after 25 years still around and as popular as ever.

http://tonyznet.com/titans/totntt/pages/totntt_1.html
    Last edited by COMIC GEEK; 02-23-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Viva le Ostrander!

Quote Originally Posted by roguespirit View Post

If that was his origin before fair enough....but if not.."another" black character with gang roots isn't terribly original
    He ran away from home, but I don't remember if he came a "gang banger". He was apparently a high school athlete before his accident (as well as the son of a scientist and gained and lot of his father's knowlege), so if he was it didn't take.

Quote Originally Posted by roguespirit View Post

Hey everyone...Mark Sable, writer of Cyborg here. Forgive me if this isn't the most coherent of posts, but I'm a little exhausted from Wondercon, Which ended just a few hours ago

Roguespirit, I'm pretty sure "potential gangbanger" was your interpretation, not my quote, which was:

“He was also an African-American character torn between his gang-member friends and the then-emerging black middle class that his family represented."

That's straight from the Wolfman/Perez origin (which is phenomenal...so much covered in so few pages). Although I should have perhaps been more precise with my words, using "friend" rather than "friends". Specifically Ron Evers, his friend who was indeed in a gang.

I certainly would not want to create ANOTHER Africnan American character with gang roots, but I didn't want to rip up a part of Vic's history either. Hopefully I managed to stay true to the spirit of the origin at the same time making it contemporary and giving us the perspective of 25 years of racial progress (or lack thereof).

I have more to say to all of you, but for now, whoever said "FINALLY"...I couldn't have said it better.

Thanks - Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sable View Post
    Hey everyone...Mark Sable, writer of Cyborg here. Forgive me if this isn't the most coherent of posts, but I'm a little exhausted from Wondercon, Which ended just a few hours ago

Roguespirit, I'm pretty sure "potential gangbanger" was your interpretation, not my quote, which was:

“He was also an African-American character torn between his gang-member friends and the then-emerging black middle class that his family represented."

That's straight from the Wolfman/Perez origin (which is phenomenal...so much covered in so few pages). Although I should have perhaps been more precise with my words, using "friend" rather than "friends". Specifically Ron Evers, his friend who was indeed in a gang.

I certainly would not want to create ANOTHER Africnan American character with gang roots, but I didn't want to rip up a part of Vic's history either. Hopefully I managed to stay true to the spirit of the origin at the same time making it contemporary and giving us the perspective of 25 years of racial progress (or lack thereof).

I have more to say to all of you, but for now, whoever said "FINALLY"...I couldn't have said it better.

Thanks - Mark
    Yep that was my interpretation of the sentence, glad to find I was wrong. Looking forward to it.