Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I've never played King of Fighters. Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    I've never played King of Fighters. Is it any good?
    Depends on whether or not you like old-school 2D fighting games. It's sort of the long-time rival of the Street Fighter series, in that both are fairly technical and can be difficult for newbies or casual players. If you can't even pull off a Hadouken in SFII/III, you'll die. A lot. Actually, even if you can, the end bosses are usually ridiculously overpowered, so you'll die a lot anyway :p

It's also a series that's never exactly been on top of changing technology, so expect 10 year old, 2D sprites and occasionally cheesy music. I love it, but "new-school" gamers would probably wonder what all the fuss is about and start rambling about how rad Tekken is. Control-wise, it plays faster and more loosely than SFII, but you also have to be more careful with timing your attacks, otherwise you can quickly find yourself getting your ass handed to you.

Dig around YouTube and you should be able to find tons of videos that can give you an idea of how it plays. If you like those and want to check it out, King of Fighters XI came out last year and is only about $15.

Not that this has anything to do with Spiral, so sorry for hijacking the thread :p
    Last edited by filterpunk; 02-22-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: clarification

No problem. I always "hijack" threads, lol. Anyways I loved Street Fighter back in the day. I'm not so sure how I will react to a 2D fighting game right now, but maybe I'll like it. And I love Tekken! My favorite is Nina! She kicks badunkadunk! I also love Soul Calibur. But anyways, I'd love to see Spiral in a game. She's be so wicked!

No problem. I always "hijack" threads, lol. Anyways I loved Street Fighter back in the day. I'm not so sure how I will react to a 2D fighting game right now, but maybe I'll like it. And I love Tekken! My favorite is Nina! She kicks badunkadunk! I also love Soul Calibur. But anyways, I'd love to see Spiral in a game. She's be so wicked!
    Haha, I love the crap out of fighting games. King of Fighters and Dead or Alive are probably my favorites, but I've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear lately. They're all cheap too, which is always a plus :p

What'd really be nice is a new Marvel fighting game, with Spiral thrown in and drawn in gorgeous hi-res 2D :D

Quote Originally Posted by filterpunk View Post
    Haha, I love the crap out of fighting games. King of Fighters and Dead or Alive are probably my favorites, but I've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear lately. They're all cheap too, which is always a plus :p

What'd really be nice is a new Marvel fighting game, with Spiral thrown in and drawn in gorgeous hi-res 2D :D
    They were going to put out another Marvel Fighting Game but it was cancelled due to the disbanding of the company who was making it.

MvC2 is BRILLIANT.
    At first i was like "This is dull, It's all weirdly controlled"
    Then i figured out I was playing it wrong.
    Where else can Spiral, Juggernaut and Dr Doom Team up!!!
    Spiral is SO good in that game.
    She's like Dhalsim on Crack.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

Quote Originally Posted by filterpunk View Post
    My adoration aside, why have writers paired her with Mojo for so long? From what I recall, there are dozens of times she's sort of hinted at plans to kill him or overthrow him, and that she only hangs around him to achieve some never-mentioned goal of hers.
    Find Longshot #1-6, The New Mutants Annual #2, Uncanny X-Men Annual #10. Spiral--like Mojo--is insane. Although in her madness to overthrow Mojo, Spiral does not realize as long as she has a spine she will NEVER rule Mojoworld. On Mojoworld, to rule one MUST be SPINELESS. Anything with a spine on Mojoworld is regarded to be slaves. Furthermore, the more Spiral wins, she loses. Mojo always wins even when he loses! For example, Mojo lost his battle with the X-Men in Uncanny X-Men Annual #10, but he won ultimately because his pet Psylocke's bionic camera eyes beamed in EVERYTHING Betsy saw & felt to Mojoworld. Therefore, Mojo made millions from the "film." And won.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Find Longshot #1-6, The New Mutants Annual #2, Uncanny X-Men Annual #10. Spiral--like Mojo--is insane. Although in her madness to overthrow Mojo, Spiral does not realize as long as she has a spine she will NEVER rule Mojoworld. On Mojoworld, to rule one MUST be SPINELESS. Anything with a spine on Mojoworld is regarded to be slaves. Furthermore, the more Spiral wins, she loses. Mojo always wins even when he loses! For example, Mojo lost his battle with the X-Men in Uncanny X-Men Annual #10, but he won ultimately because his pet Psylocke's bionic camera eyes beamed in EVERYTHING Betsy saw & felt to Mojoworld. Therefore, Mojo made millions from the "film." And won.
    Spiral should Body shoppe Mojo a spine!!!
    And then All ties are severed with the green thing.
    YAAAAAAAAAY.
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Come_To_Deathstrike View Post
    Spiral should Body shoppe Mojo a spine!!!
    And then All ties are severed with the green thing.
    YAAAAAAAAAY.
    Mojo is too powerful for Spiral. Doctor Strange could not defeat Mojo. Every spell Doctor Strange cast against Mojo, Mojo would twist & warp back on the good doctor. The X-Men & New Mutants never really defeated Mojo either.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Mojo is too powerful for Spiral. Doctor Strange could not defeat Mojo. Every spell Doctor Strange cast against Mojo, Mojo would twist & warp back on the good doctor. The X-Men & New Mutants never really defeated Mojo either.
    But then again, Didn't Morph nearly Kill Him in Early Exiles
    Only the timebroker stopped him?
    And Spiral has the element of surprise!
    And that's what killed Sinister!

ZOMG.
    Shade can draw something FIERCE.
    He must now draw spiral and put her in here.
    I NEED a shade spiral!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josef F. View Post
    ZOMG.
    Shade can draw something FIERCE.
    He must now draw spiral and put her in here.
    I NEED a shade spiral!!
    Ok ok ok! Lol. I might draw her tomorrow!

I found her a bit difficult to play in X-Men Children of the Atom
    (part of the reason why I switched to using Omega Red only!) I used her a little bit when I played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 at the arcade a few years ago (I spent all of my money on Soul Calibur 2!) She's fun to roleplay as. My Spiral action figure is one of my most prized possessions.
    Last edited by Domo Goddess; 02-23-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Ok ok ok! Lol. I might draw her tomorrow!
    Oooh.
    I'll do one too.
    And we'll Get Domo to put them in first post,
    Then The spiral thread shall be Alluring and pretty!!

Some Spiral images.

Marvel Fanfare 4

One of my favorite pics

Excalibur 109

A sig someone made for me