Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Spiral's Body Shoppe skills are in serious demand among dumped women. Case in point: Storm. I just don't know how Storm payed for that makeover now that she's broke.
    Anyhow, her former poppet leads X-Force 3.0 (Kyost's doesn't count) and she reached out to her former maker for some guidance, drugs and rock'n'roll.

Writer and official fashion designer for this estrogen pumped UXF share some thoughts behind Spiral's fresh new getup and what she's been up to after Sisterhood fiasco:

KrisAnka: With Spiral, I got the pitch that she is sort of became an LA clubber drug dealer-type. Like Storm, she is one completely confident in her sexuality, and probably enjoys flaunting it. She likes the attention. So with Spiral, I tried to look at her as an almost borderline dominatrix; more in personality than style. I felt that she'd be one who is always can manipulate herself onto the top of any situation, just by either her cunning, her attitude, or her personality. When she walks into a club, everyone knows she's there, and they all know this is her turf. It was Nick's call however to make the grey aspects of her costume opaque, which i love after the fact. It allows her costume to have an element of risque, without allowing her flesh to be falling out all over the place.

SamHumphries: Spiral is the woman who DGAF. Google it.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Kristafer Anka shares the process behind Spiral's new UXF getup:

Spiral Time!

Okay, the pitch was that she is sort of an LA clubber drug dealer badass chick. The way I sort of pictured it was this really stiff leather clad chick in the back of the club, too cool for the masses, and they are all looking to her in envy. And the fur boots, obviously. that was a must. Along with mermaid hair, and raccoon make-up.

1. So my first stab at her costume. Ive never drawn Spiral in my life, so it was fairly interesting. One thing I attempted was to have subtle changes to the sleeves to easily differentiate between them. I didnít just want 6 identical arms. I also tried to keep the blue from the original costume, a throwback.

2. This is pretty much the costume that we went with. The only change they wanted from here was to close up the belly. I also was trying to add an interesting fur pattern for the boots. Something not so bulky as just fur everywhere. Add a bit of style to it.

3. I went more upper body heavy with the costume. Make her seem like a super tall imposing woman.

4. Just another attempt. More of a simpler top.

5. More elegant this time. Like a queen.
    ohsnapulon5000

Default 3 images a limit

My favourite is 5c + 1c boots (5c boots look like goat legs)

Spiral celebrated her return to the X-Books with some friends (photo taken by pmaestro):

ohsnapulon5000

Spiral gets cute baby treatment on Young UXF variant:

Aww, or something.
    ohsnapulon5000

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I am so on board for the return of Spiral to the books. She's always been a favorite of mine and now that she's going to be one of the party girls (in Dazzler's ilk) I love her even more.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

BANNED

I really wished this book would double ship.

UXF #2 variant. And we get another Coipel cover!!!

I loooove that grin. It promises many nasty things.
    ohsnapulon5000

Has spiral ever been a hero type before ?
    from what I remember she was Mojo's hit girl.

Yeah never been a hero.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Cool thanks. so in UXF will see the reason for the turn around. hope she doesn't pull a Mystique

BANNED

It's a pity Oliver Coipel won't be doing the interior art in this book.

Never read anything with Spiral in it but you know what would interest me?
    Spiral/Warbird team-up.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Other than Storm, Spiral's costume is my next favourite. I LOVE the over-all look with sheer pieces. And Anka (my new fave artist/designer) should be the interior artist alternating with Garney. That variant is WICKED!
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by StormXPantherQueen View Post
    Cool thanks. so in UXF will see the reason for the turn around. hope she doesn't pull a Mystique
    Yeah going to be interesting to see why she joins in the first place. Team is going to be a bit combustible especially if Bishop winds up sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyblade View Post
    It's a pity Oliver Coipel won't be doing the interior art in this book.
    True there is nothing he cannot draw great.