Default Negation Trades from Checkerbook

I just ordered the 3rd trade ( 13-18 ) as well as Sojourn ( 25-30), I hope I am not dissapointed in the quality of reproduction.

I am dissapointed that the 4th trade has issues 19-24 ( the finale to this story was 25 ), it will have a very incomplete story and was a big mistake by CB. I also am surprised that Mark Of Charon is not being done.

I emailed Checkerboard and told them they should compile Hardcovers of this amazing series.

I ordered both Negation trades too! I just wish they'd collect the whole series
    Please visit CrossGen Forums, The premier meeting place for fans of CrossGen

I also emailed Checker, and they told me they're aware of the other NEGATION material like MARK OF CHARON, and they're evaluating what other CrossGen material they might want to reprint. So I'd say the possibility of getting the rest of NEGATION collected probably depends on how well the initial trades sell.
    Visit the RETRO ROCKET homepage!
    http://www.jasonorfalas.com/retrorocket.htm

Did the 3rd NEGATION trade really see the light of day? I have the single issues (along with the first 2 trades) and would love to get the final 2 collected editions so that I can have this series in an easily accessible place.

Sorry - going to answer my own question. I see that NEGATION VOL 3 HOUNDED TP is on the Diamond Shipping List for this week. Cool!

I got volume 3 today ( along with Sojourn v5 ),
    first glance they look great, the more I read these agin the more brilliant I find them.

Tony you and Paul had magic in this series

A few questions, if you dont mind

1) the Lawbringers
    you showed us Liqr ( in the classic 21 ) and the Juggernaut looking guy in 17, were you planning on having the 3rd new LB appear in the new future??
    2) Bliq, if the series had not ended were going to show us the backstory on how a lawbringer ended up leading the Negation resistance ( do you rember the basics, and could you share )
    did you give anythought to Bliq joining our crew afterr issue 22
    3) The non battle in issue 20, between a recharged Evenlea and Kryzoor, did you think maybe the battle should have happened ( I still think not mazamizing the nagation huminoids might have been the only miss in the series ( I would have loved to have seen one who had rediscovered his humanity and hunted down Lawbringers for justice )
    4) When did you learn you were having to end your series, do you remember what direction things were going before this
    You have told us what would have happened before War, this pertains to the direction the series would have gone except bankruptcy got in the way

I am looking forward to trying birds of prey when you take over, just like Exiles ( where you grabbed me ) I will give you one 6 issue arc to see if you can get me again.

I really do appreciate you taking your time to anser these questions, as you can tell this title touched me like very few others

ps i emailed Checkerboard about reprinting 25-27, war 1 & 2 but adding the unprinted issue 3 ( I heard rumurs that some people saw it and it was amazing...........................

Hey, Tony, I got the trade and read through it. It looks pretty good - the only thing that bugged me was that a couple of pages were missing from the end of issue 15. And I think the image of Kaine on the cover is from one of the missing pages!

Kaine and Komptin were really fun adversaries.

The sad face on Gullitt in that one panel still gets to me....

And issue 18 was VERY COOL!

I guess I'd better go get a copy of the trade.

It's been long enough since we did those books that I don't really remember what my plans were for future storylines. i don't feel that we left many stones unturned, though. In fact, I mostly feel grateful that we ended when we did, because like James Dean, we were gone before we really jumped the shark.

I should point out what a collaborative effort that book was. A lot of the best story twists came from Dave Meikis and Paul Pelletier as we'd discuss our upcoming storylines and I'd cherrypick the boys' best ideas.
    Visit the RETRO ROCKET homepage!
    http://www.jasonorfalas.com/retrorocket.htm

I didn't know that Negation was collected in Trades. You were giving some of the issues away for free at Orlando Con a few years ago and although I wasn't sure what was going on, I really dug it. I need to look into getting the few trades that are out there.

Maybe they can put out some sort of "Negation: Missing Pieces" trade with all the Mark of Charon stuff and possibly the incomplete Negation War issues.

Will volume 4 be coming out soon?

Ron Marz has stated that the quality of the reproduction of several books he worked on was really lacking. It might be pricey these days, but your best best in Ebay but be warned the fact that Negation War ends with issue two will break your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    Will volume 4 be coming out soon?
    According to Checker it was supposed to ship September 2007.

I haven't bought Book 3, mostly because, as you might remember, I had the entire series bound in a hardcover edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic View Post
    According to Checker it was supposed to ship September 2007.

I haven't bought Book 3, mostly because, as you might remember, I had the entire series bound in a hardcover edition.
    I do indeed remember, and I'm still trying to find a bookbinder to gather up my favorite runs!